Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 6,184 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a job there, and need to find housing. Single adult with well behaved dogs. Does anyone have any info???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 09:02 AM

479 posts, read 1,555,345 times
There's not a whole lot to know. It is a pretty small town. If you can dig up a number for a business in town, they would probably know if something is available. I'm not sure of the size, but it must be around 250 people. If there is nothing there, I would think Clark would have something...that is who the school co-ops with.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:03 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,230 times
I grew up just south of Willow Lake - I agree not much too tell Several years ago both Clark and Willow Lake maintained their own school districts.. I think they just recently added the co-op for sports... is that correct... I know my home town also did the same thing... kind if funny to go from rivals to teammates...

Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM

142 posts, read 308,448 times
It's a long shot, but you might want to check the classified ads in the Watertown Public Opinion or the Coteau Shopper. I can't help with much other info though...all I can really remember about Willow Lake was going to the sale barn a few times back in the 80's.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM

28 posts, read 108,447 times
Default willow libation station

So six of us guys stopped over to Willow Lake area to take in a farm auction circa 1973. All of us under legal age.

On the way home, we drove thru town and stopped into the local Willow tavern for some brew. Got the pitchers ordered and began to pour and drank for ten minutes. When from behind the bar swaddled the midage bartendress up to our table and asked, "... are you boys legal age to drink? I better see your IDs."

One of us replied, "... now would 6 fellas come into a bar and sit with beers for ten minutes if we weren't of age."

She replied, "... Well, I suspect naught." And walked away.

Willow Lake is a fine place to drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota