Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
A compass in a car? Was it a GPS compass or a magnetic one? A car is made of steel and magnetic fields are affected by steel. Perhaps the compass was wrong. (I had a compass in my car once. On a straight road it would change it's bearing! The compass I have on my computer case points in weird directions, depending on what other steel objects are next to it).
I calibrate the compass in my car per the owner's manual setup instructions. This way I can correct the magnetic north to show true north (map north).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 PM

439 posts, read 521,893 times
Well in Panama, due to our geographical position and shape, the sun rises in the south (Pacific Ocean) and sets in the north (Atlantic Ocean.)

Old 02-03-2016, 01:29 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,829 times
All of you people who actually have a sun in your sky are pretty lucky.

Signed,
Socked in Winter Clouds in Birmingham, Alabama.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post

Signed,
Clear and sunny here.
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Setting in Southwest Hemisphere......-20160203_151221.jpg  

Old 02-03-2016, 10:24 PM

439 posts, read 521,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post

Signed,
As a matter of fact, it is Summer here in Panama, or as we call it, the dry season.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
That indicates that the earth will self destruct in 17 days and 14 hours ... :-0. (JK)

In your next life please pay attention during astronomy / science class in grade school / junior high school ... in the meantime, you can search Google or go to the library and do a little research on how the Earth & Sun interaction creates days and seasons.
I ask if anyone had noticed the different place of the setting of the sun. I find your answer and remarks very offensive. Apparently u failed in manners and etiquette. But your remarks only look bad on u and show that u failed to comprehend my question. I'm old and I can tell u one thing, Sonny your answer did not impress me of your knowledge in this astronomy question. Lol

Old 10-28-2016, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 310 times
Default Tilt of the Sun

I really like Rockymtnkindagal explanation of the Sun setting further Southwest as we hit the winter solstice. But, what bothers me this year more than any other year is "how much" Southwest the sun setting. I live in Palm Springs, CA and I live right next to the San Jacinto Mountains which is over 10,000 feet high.

You tent notice the sun a lot here, especially, in the summers you can not wait for the Sun to set to cool you off. Today is October 28, 2016 and Winter Solstice is not until December 21, 2016. The Sun is setting the furthest Southwest that I have ever seen? A bit scary for me? Real far Southwest! The temperatures in Palm Springs this year our out of whack. We had one day this year that it got up to 125* and this week we will be in the 80''s and maybe the upper 70's. Normally we are in the lower 90's.

Nobody seems to be talking about the 9th Planet. It is a proven fact that the 9th Plant can tilt the Sun. Why are our magnetic poles pulsating so much this year? Our jet stream normally has an upper flow and a lower flow. But, right now it is sporadic. Flowing in more than one direction. In some areas actually flowing in the opposite direction? Why does the moon seem bigger this year and nobody wants to talk about it. This years weather is any indication of the past, we are going to have a very unusual up coming winter this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space