Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
However that being said i have to admit that the egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten (1350's b.c.) or ''alien'' pharoah as some egyptologist's refer to him was a strange looking human with a supposed elongated head/skull and other odd bodily features and he himself claimed that he was not human but from the heavens above .
Pharoahs were considered to be gods from the heavens by their subjects, even if they were only human. A similar, more modern example is in Thailand, where until the last century, the kings of Thailand were regarded as gods. Even touching a member of the royal family could and did result in the execution of an offender, whether it was accidental or not. It isn't like that today, although the king is still highly regarded.

Back to Akhenaten, the reason for such an unusual malformation was probably the result of inbreeding among close family members with was not an uncommon practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
All the ancient depictions, numerous sightings and stories of otherworldly craft and beings all throughout history, a mysterious crash at Roswell, among others, the mysterious Men in Black, crop circles, and so much more!

There's a theory out there that we are under quarantine, and being watched closely. They will monitor us day and night until we have reached a higher level of sophisticated civilization. When we are less dangerous, if we don't wipe ourselves out by war first.

Do I believe that theory myself? I'm not sure either way, but I do believe that there is intelligent life out there somewhere, and that every once in a while it just might be making its way to Earth.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
All the ancient depictions, numerous sightings and stories of otherworldly craft and beings all throughout history, a mysterious crash at Roswell, among others, the mysterious Men in Black, crop circles, and so much more!

There's a theory out there that we are under quarantine, and being watched closely. They will monitor us day and night until we have reached a higher level of sophisticated civilization. When we are less dangerous, if we don't wipe ourselves out by war first.

Do I believe that theory myself? I'm not sure either way, but I do believe that there is intelligent life out there somewhere, and that every once in a while it just might be making its way to Earth.

I'm in the same boat. Afterall, there are a lot of people that are religious, and believe that we have an all knowing God that sends angles down to look after us. What's different about the possibility of "aliens" being the ones looking after us, monitoring our development?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 AM

140 posts, read 298,866 times
When will me make first contact not necessarily physical contact? Not in the lifetime of anyone now living.
The distances involved are incomprehensible to most humans, what we "see" when we look out at the universe actually happened years to billions of years ago.
Space travel as can understand it now is basically impossible.

Is there other "life" out there? It is a 100% absolute.
Is there life that hasn't destroyed itself(or by way of a MEE) before it advanced to the level we are or able to travel the great distances through space? Close to 100% too but the chances we ever make contact with each other is a billion times greater than two people that know each other having a chance encounter at a football stadium holding 100,000 people.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
An interesting article on the question of whether or not we're alone in the universe. A new analysis suggests maybe, although it doesn't necessarily mean there is no life elsewhere. We're just not at the point where we can absolutely say there's life elsewhere in the universe. If we find evidence of life on Mars (simply because its the closest to us that could show signs of life), even if it's just microbial fossils, that would certainly boost the likelihood of life elsewhere.

Are we alone in the universe? Well, maybe - Technology & science - Science - LiveScience - msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space