Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM

715 posts, read 1,149,042 times

Advertisements

talk about "spreading the gas" ... you guys need a girl. Several girls. And drinks. Then again, I was average at chem. - the Troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
so·lil·o·quy/səˈliləkwē/Noun

1. An act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself or regardless of any hearers, esp. by a character in a play.
Let me explain something to you.

This is a message board. If you didn't want to be here you wouldn't be.

If you have something constructive to add then do it or kill my whole thought process by interjecting facts that oppose what I've written.

I can assure you that I understand the world around me much better than you seem to think I do.

It fits in with Taoism where the entire world is pluses and minuses, predators and prey, male and female, creditor and debtor, etc. It goes in one direction and one direction only. The greater the energy difference the faster it travels. Energy is not created or destroyed, it just changes forms and in the beginning was complete order and in the end will be complete chaos.

Chaos meaning it all splits apart or collapses on itself or whatever.

Now the point of the thread is how that relates to people on this planet (or others) and economies. I think it does and I consintue to see a correlation with each and every incident.

Maybe I'm going insane or maybe I'm starting to understand how something like this happens:

Quote:
First and foremost, we and much of the Earth are made of the material supernovae created. According to current theories about the formation of the Universe, all of the original material in the Universe was hydrogen and helium, with very slight traces of some other materials. All the stuff we, and the Earth around us, are made of, like iron and oxygen and carbon, has come from that initial material being fused to form heavier elements in the cores of stars. But the heaviest elements, like iron, are only formed in the massive stars which end their lives in supernovae. Our blood has iron in the hemoglobin which is vital to our ability to breath. So without supernovae, most forms of life on Earth, including us, would not be possible. And much of the material the Earth is made of would not exist.
Supernova Effects

And how it relates to everyday life on a micro and macro level.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
THE TAO
OF
PHYSICS
(http://dgswilson.com/pdf/taophysics.pdf - broken link)
Quote:
These changes, brought about by modern physics, have been widely discussed by physicists and by
philosphers over the past decades, but very seldom has it been realized that they all seem to lead in the
same direction, towards a view of the world which is very similar to the views held in Eastern mysticism.
The concepts of modern physics often show surprising parallels to the ideas expressed in the religious
philosophies of the Far East. Although these parallels have not, as yet, been discussed extensively, they
have been noticed by some of the great physicists of our century when they came in contact with Far
Eastern culture during their lecture tours to India, China and Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space