Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
I checked several with the help of HCP giving a site to go to; nothing reported unfortunately. In your area the weather is a totally different than my region in the Southwest. My best friend lives in Washington and says it's more of a gloomy mist like rain 90% of the time that is there than he experienced when he came to live here for four years. And I never said it was the sun but said it was LIKE the sun was dawning and it caused the chickens to respond by coming out of there coop which I observed these animals reacted to during that time. Whatever the event was it was real and the sky was pretty bright at 3:00 AM and yes it was very unusual as I have posted previously. Wish I was camping that day.

And you can't trust the news with anything nowadays; it's censored. Now you have to watch BBC news to get a more accurate report. That's one of the reasons why I don't watch much TV.
Yes, the climate is undoubtedy different than where you are. Your friend in Washington is right. The "mist" is the same as the "drizzle" I mentioned. But it does rain and/or shower quite a bit as well. Some people do feel that winters can be rather gray and gloomy here. It doesn't make much difference to me, although I don't much like the chilly temps that go along with it.

The reason I mentioned the sun is because of what you stated in the post I replied to (bolded for clarity):
Quote:
This is true in the early morning when the east is lighter during a sunrise than the west This happens during the sunset also but you have to look for these differences.
jtur88's post sounds like a reasonable explanation. So if you're assuming that the news media is censored and can't be trusted, then what better ideas do you have as to what you think might have caused the brightness? You've been rather elusive about giving an opinion of your own, while others have at least offered some possible explanations which you seem to reject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Yes, the climate is undoubtedy different than where you are. Your friend in Washington is right. The "mist" is the same as the "drizzle" I mentioned. But it does rain and/or shower quite a bit as well. Some people do feel that winters can be rather gray and gloomy here. It doesn't make much difference to me, although I don't much like the chilly temps that go along with it.

The reason I mentioned the sun is because of what you stated in the post I replied to (bolded for clarity):

jtur88's post sounds like a reasonable explanation. So if you're assuming that the news media is censored and can't be trusted, then what better ideas do you have as to what you think might have caused the brightness? You've been rather elusive about giving an opinion of your own, while others have at least offered some possible explanations which you seem to reject.
They have not been rejected as you can read I researched some of the suggestions given to me as harry chickpea suggested; just people's possible explanations of a bizzarre occurrence... yet still unexplained...possibly UNexplainable event, therefore what I hypothesize what it was would be a "risky guess" since I never experienced anything like it.

Last edited by eyewrist; 10-17-2011 at 07:45 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
They have not been rejected as you can read I researched some of the suggestions given to me; just people's possible explanations of a bizzarre occurrence... yet still unexplained...possibly UNexplainable event.
Sure, things can be very bizarre if there's no explanation. However, there have been explanations, and yet you still feel it's unexplainable or possibly unexplainable. You also add that "you can't trust the news with anything nowadays" because "it's censored", except for the BBC. It does sound like you're dismissing things.

What do you think caused it? The rotation of the Earth sped up for a while? UFOs lighting up the sky? NASA has a gigantic refector in orbit that they turned on for a while? Some kind of secret military project?

Have you asked in either the Dallas or Fort Worth C-D forums? Maybe someone there saw it as well and found it rather odd or has an explanation. Just a thought.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
I can be really nasty with fruit-loop stuff. This doesn't fit the mold in any way. I'm very curious myself and wonder what was going on. Often the difficult answers lead to really interesting observations and visa versa.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:

And you can't trust the news with anything nowadays; it's censored. Now you have to watch BBC news to get a more accurate report. That's one of the reasons why I don't watch much TV.
The news on BBC-America is also censored. It is taped in the BBC-America studios in Maryland, and re-broadcast an hour later, so the news staff there can make sure there is nothing in there that is inappropriate for the US audience. Same goes for PBS stations that now carry BBC World News.

Unless you live near the Canadian or Mexican border, there will be exactly zero stations in your cable lineup that are not filtered through thought-police in an American cable re-broadcaster. The USA and China are the only two countries in the world in which no foreign-based TV outlets are included in the cable lineup.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Sure, things can be very bizarre if there's no explanation. However, there have been explanations, and yet you still feel it's unexplainable or possibly unexplainable. You also add that "you can't trust the news with anything nowadays" because "it's censored", except for the BBC. It does sound like you're dismissing things.

What do you think caused it? The rotation of the Earth sped up for a while? UFOs lighting up the sky? NASA has a gigantic refector in orbit that they turned on for a while? Some kind of secret military project?

Have you asked in either the Dallas or Fort Worth C-D forums? Maybe someone there saw it as well and found it rather odd or has an explanation. Just a thought.
I have no idea what is was. But going to the DFW forum is a good suggestion.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
I've seen instances where there is snow on the ground as well as a cloudy sky. City lights are reflected multiple times to the point where you don't need extra light.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I've seen instances where there is snow on the ground as well as a cloudy sky. City lights are reflected multiple times to the point where you don't need extra light.
Yes, this I know to be true since I am from the Midwest.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The news on BBC-America is also censored. It is taped in the BBC-America studios in Maryland, and re-broadcast an hour later, so the news staff there can make sure there is nothing in there that is inappropriate for the US audience. Same goes for PBS stations that now carry BBC World News.

Unless you live near the Canadian or Mexican border, there will be exactly zero stations in your cable lineup that are not filtered through thought-police in an American cable re-broadcaster. The USA and China are the only two countries in the world in which no foreign-based TV outlets are included in the cable lineup.
Yes, you are right; they all are censored in the US.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
I woke up this morning thinking it was about 6:30 AM because the sun looked like it was dawning only to look at the clock and it was only 2:57 AM (CT)!!!! I went to several rooms in the house to check to see if my eyes and mind was playing tricks on me but the time was right..now 3:00AM.

The sky got progressively brighter until my chickens even got up around 4:00 AM. The sun doesn't begin to rise until around 6:00 to 6:30!

Can anyone explain what happened this morning?? NASA anything you are not telling us???
Sorry, the mind-wipe must not have worked properly. We'll be more careful next time. Oh, and Gorg reccomends Preparation-H for the soreness...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space