Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

It clearly says...in above charter...'No personal attacks'....

You don't own me...I have a right to have a different opinion than you, I also have a right to come to a different conclusion than you...

But according to the charter...you don't have a right to 'flame' and 'personally attack'....
Or to repeadily try to 'insult'....

I've tried time and time again to get you to respond to the issues, or arguements within my posts...instead all you do is make comments against me, personally....

'That's flaming'....

Instead of disproving my points or illustrations, you take liberty to insult...or try to...
Thus changing the purpose and theme of thread...

You seem to think that you own me....I don't work for your agency...I'm not loyal to your club...

I'm loyal to finding out the truth...

And educating the uniformed...
In case you haven't noticed, this is the Science and Technology forum, not the Loose Nuts forum.

Doesn't the TOS also talk about threads, hijacking and off-topic posts?

Nowhere have I called you names like you have called others names and flamed them.

But I digress, lets get back to the OP:

'NASA Probe enters lunar orbit'...I'm tired of the excuses, if man really landed there, I want visual proof!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Getting back to the OP there were actually 2 (two) NASA probes that entered lunar orbit.

I guess the OP just got confused (or the ISAtopes got to him/her/it)

NASA marks 2012 with twin probes in moon orbit (http://www.newsday.com/news/nasa-marks-2012-with-twin-probes-in-moon-orbit-1.3421886 - broken link)

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3420210.1325495089%21/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Getting back to the OP
Quote:
I wonder how a gigantic Jeep Cherokee dune buggy could fit inside that thing...
Quote:
Tires and all....how did this thing fit inside the lander?
Spending 45 seconds doing research on the OP's question I found the following:

Apollo Lunar Module - Lunar Rover

Last edited by plwhit; 01-05-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Researching for an additional 10 seconds to another question the OP had concerning the lunar lander
Quote:
And what powered it?
Lunar Rover What was its power source on the moon? How was it assembled? « Xenophilia (True Strange Stuff)

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Another personal attack...refer to charter above...
No, you state you believe man has been on the moon, then go on and on and on and on and on and on about the lack of proof. For what purpose? Clearly for the sole purpose to be argumentative.

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks either, as the following are clearly personal attacks;
Quote:
Fine...I tried being nice to you, I tried offering you a palm branch...and you throw it back in my face?

Fine stay dumb and stupid, stay harnessed and controlled...stay small...stop learning...you'll make a good pet to the powers that be...

Your nothing more than a puppet, incapable of thinking on your own...

Like the cyborg on star trek...hooked into some collective...a machine...controlled thought...

Since your only job is to propagate the machine, like the minister of propaganda, no wonder thought is stifled wherever you and a few others appear....
Quote:
Mindless puppet...

And I thought I was conversating with a real person...

I didn't know you had been bought, sold and paid for...

Fortunaltly there are still independent thinking people out here...
And they see you for what you are...
With the normal plethora of spelling errors...

Last edited by Asheville Native; 01-05-2012 at 04:16 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Using another 20 seconds of my precious time I researched another question posed by the OP
Quote:
That things kicken up dirt...I've never seen a solar powered vehicle on earth with that kind of torque...
Moondust and Duct Tape - NASA Science

More information to educate the uninformed can be found here:

Charge measurements of dust grains lofted by lunar rovers | Lunar Science Forum 2011

Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

As far as the other question the OP posed
Quote:
I'm just saying...with this new NASA orbiter circling the moon...i would like to see evidence of all the hardware we left up there...
As I posted before there were 2 (two) lunar probes inserted in lunar orbit, both to be used to map the gravitational field of the moon:

Lunar GRAIL

NASA’s 2012 got off to an auspicious start when the second of the twin GRAIL satellites successfully entered orbit around the moon during the early hours of the new year. (The first probe entered orbit in the late afternoon of Dec. 31.) Starting in March, the two probes will collect data in order to provide an accurate map of the moon’s gravitational field.

The New Year in Space: NASA’s Missions and Events in 2012 | Wired Science | Wired.com

Where the OP got the idea that these probes were going to take visual pictures of the moons surface only Umbly Of The Seven Moons or George Noory or possibly Art Bell knows the answer to that....

Last edited by plwhit; 01-05-2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 04:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Using another 20 seconds of my precious time I researched another question posed by the OP

Moondust and Duct Tape - NASA Science

More information to educate the uninformed can be found here:

Charge measurements of dust grains lofted by lunar rovers | Lunar Science Forum 2011
Of course if it is solar powered, it is battery powered, and on earth (6 times the gravity) there are battery powered cars that can dust a just about anything else on the road. 0-60 in 3.5 sec.

Tesla Test Drive 0 - 60 in 3.5 sec!!!!!!! - YouTube

Yea, I suspect an electric powered vehicle could kick up a little dirt in 0.1667 gravity. I guess the reference of a solar powered motor in a middle school science lab really does limit one's vision of what is possible.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM

Methinks we have *finally* come to the end of this ludicrous thread.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
It's not that I'm 'discovering' anything different...it's that I'm not on a payroll harness...I'm not 'muted'...

I don't work for a company that has vested interest in the powers that be...

Many scientist are 'muffled' do to political/payroll/funding reasons...

In other words can't bite the hand that feeds you type scenerio...where as I can, cause they've never fed me...not directly anyways...

The best scientist, are the ones who break away from these large institutions, and finally let it all out, what they learned, saw observed, and what they truly conclude...these types usually appear on Coast to Coast with George Norri (formerly Art Bell)...

For instance...you will get much better information from a former NASA employee, than you will a current one, who's kind of bound to secrecy and have to propagate favorable Government sentiment...or loose their job...

So most scientist simply end up becoming useful tools, for powers that be...they simply take on the nature and mission of whatever institution their working for...and loose their own induvisuality somewhere along the way...

In a way, it almost becomes like a religion or cult in and of itself...

And to end on a slightly different theme...

People keep saying how much it would cause to go to the moon again...
I mean really, rockets are more effeciant today...how expensive could it really be to send up some small capsule to the moon...in some streamlined rocket...ok forget landing...just send a man up there to orbit the moon a few times, and come back...just to proove it can be done...

I mean it's only a 45 hour trip or so...
Russia and America both have plenty of rockets capable of doing that...
Infact both nations still use regular, non shuttle, rockets to put satellites into orbit...

The whole price thing is a farce...
There's other reasons why they won't do it, or can't do it...
Join me, in discovering what these other reasons are, other than budget...
Take the harness off...
Holy crap. I think you blew the space/time continuum with that post.

Quote:
Russia and America both have plenty of rockets capable of [sending men to the moon].
Really? Which rockets would those be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space