Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:51 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times

Advertisements

Astounding! the poll is still at 100%

I like the way the OP started with he/she/it needed visual proof man landed on the moon and when that was presented went off on a tangent about acceptable radiation levels and tough questions had to be answered.

The only tough question that has to be answered IMO is why the OP thinks radiation is something that has to be discussed yet again.

I realize that the OP will have to do some more research into this but...

T&S, you think you should open a different thread on the hazards of radiation now that you have been provided with visual proof of the remnants of the moon buggy and other lunar garbage on the surface of the moon?

Do more research and get answers to those hard questions T&S but post your results in a thread more appropriate to the discussion...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
The post on the top of this page is post 51.....(which is mine)

Ever heard of 'Area 51'?

coincidence?...or message?

Just something for you to ponder....
Do you really think you are the first person to bring up "Area 51" here? Is this yet another one of your hijack efforts?

C-D archives contain great information...

Twilight Zone intro. - YouTube

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Do you really think you are the first person to bring up "Area 51" here? Is this yet another one of your hijack efforts?

You did not even address my post...

I'll repeat...

Did you notice that the top post on previous page was post 51?

Did you notice that...yes or no?

And if you did notice that...do you think there's a symbolic message being conveyed...yes, no?

Answer my questions and quit leap frogging me please...

Anyways...that was just a side issue...now back to the perils of radiation, and how it could hamper a moon mission...

And I learned space radiation kills sprm...so man will not be able to reproduce in space...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:

Rod Serling died of lung cancer.

The Twilight Zone was filmed on location, in the Van Allen Belts.
He was a victim.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:

T&S, you think you should open a different thread on the hazards of radiation now that you have been provided with visual proof of the remnants of the moon buggy and other lunar garbage on the surface of the moon?
I have not been shown proof...what I have been shown is dots on the moon...

Viewing dots in the moon is not proof of anything...they look like giant grain granuals...

But for goodwill, I've decided to let that be for now, and explore other factors that would effect the provability of long term space flight...and radiation is a valid concern...

For one...I learned where long term effects of radion (as little as two weeks exposer in space) begins to change your chromosomes....

In other words you could leave as a human, and return as jabba the hut...

Which could very well explain various alien siteings...

they could be astronauts who were over exposed to radiation, and their dna physically changed them...

All this must be considered...ok...

Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:

In other words you could leave as a human, and return as jabba the hut...

...ok...
OK!

I always wanted to be Jabba. Slug chicks are hot!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:47 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
And if you did notice that...do you think there's a symbolic message being conveyed...yes, no?
Of course there isn't, stop being silly.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Of course there isn't, stop being silly.
Well then could you at least address the 'chromosomal' changes that occur within human DNA with prolonged exposer to radiation in space?

These things have to be considered...a trip to Mars may not ever be possible if when our atronauts get there they're

a. Sterile
b. Mentally diminished
c. Themselves look like Martians when they arrive do to chromosomal changes....

All 3 of those are valid concerns that you can find on post 51...I did the research last night...

Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Absolutely astounding!!!!!!!!!

A poll almost three days old and it's still at 100%.

The OP just doesn't understand that after close to 60 posts in the thread he/she/it started everybody thinks he/she/it is a hopeless lost cause.

Path of this thread:

1. wants absolute incontrovertible proof mankind landed on the moon
-hijack-
2. claims Van Allen radiation belt is deadly
-hijack-
3. how did tires fit inside of rover?
-hijack-
4. how did the rover kick up moon dust?
-hijack-
5. Russia had the means but they never landed humans on the moon, why?
-hijack-
6. claims humans can't have babies in outer space (if they do they will look like Jabba the Hut)
-hijack-
7. area 51 conveying symbolic message?

This is fun! I love to see the depths of people's paranoia, keep it up T&S

If you're trying to impress everyone with your investigative intelligence you can start by letting this ridiculous thread die....

Old 01-03-2012, 04:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So, Time and Space, are you prepared to concede that a fast passage through the Van Allen belts can be done safely?
Quote:
Why are you on my back??

I'm trying to take us all on a learning lesson here....
Part of learning is asking questions, and you react like you are being persecuted because someone dare ask a reasonable and valid question. Why such a reaction, is the question too hard, do you have no answer, so you view it as an attack or persecution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space