Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did men really land on the moon?
Yes 51 91.07%
No 2 3.57%
I don't know 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 01:38 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times

Advertisements

NASA probe enters lunar orbit

NASA has a probe that is orbiting around the moon now...34 miles above the surface...

I'm tired of the excuses...i want proof that man was there...show me the flag or flags, show me the moon buggy, show me all the other stuff that was left behind...no more excuses with this new probe...

I mean if google map can zoom in on my home and car...then surely the technology has been out long enough for NASA equiptment to be able to zoom in on a space buggy left up there...

I've seen the Lunar lander before, or models of...and I wonder how a gigantic Jeep Cherokee dune buggy could fit inside that thing...

Tires and all....how did this thing fit inside the lander?

And what powered it?

Solar power?

That things kicken up dirt...I've never seen a solar powered vehicle on earth with that kind of torque...

I'm just saying...with this new NASA orbiter circling the moon...i would like to see evidence of all the hardware we left up there...

And if Russia was the first into space, why did they or could they not, continue onto the moon?
Seeing as their rockets were just as advanced and powerful as Americas...

Scientist working with slide rulers could get us to the moon, but todays scientist cannot?

I believe we went ok, I just want some hard evidence...as in a photo of the hardware we left up there...

Old 01-01-2012, 01:52 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
I've seen a replica of the Lander at the Smithsonian. If you look at the picture, there is not much to the buggy. It's basically a simple electric motor, simple chassis, and four wheels. The whole thing could have easily been stowed in pieces and then assembled after the landing.

And, if you do not believe the "models" in the original pictures, what makes you think that you would believe a new image?

Old 01-01-2012, 03:11 AM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
NASA has a probe that is orbiting around the moon now...34 miles above the surface...

I'm tired of the excuses...i want proof that man was there...show me the flag or flags, show me the moon buggy, show me all the other stuff that was left behind...no more excuses with this new probe...
???
The Apollo sites were already imaged by LRO like months ago.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,303 times
Here's ProofL
https://www.google.com/search?q=lro+...w=1467&bih=677

Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Another thread on this?

""//www.city-data.com/forum/science-technology/1373801-photos-dispel-moon-landing-conspiracy-theory.html"

Where were you back in September when the announcement was made and the photo's released?

God forbid the OP did any research on the Lunar Rover: http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary...pollo_lrv.html

A simple question to the OP, why didn't our mortal enemy at the time (USSR) make a huge propaganda deal out of America's phony Lunar landings? They had the technology to monitor everything we did AND they did land their own version of it on the moon (Lunokhod 1 in 1970).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunokhod_1

http://www.universetoday.com/60142/d...onoring-women/

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...3jun_oldrover/

They never uttered one word nor published one paper saying America was pulling a fast one over the planet Earth.

The utter ignorance of the OP is astounding...

Last edited by linicx; 01-11-2012 at 02:39 PM..

Old 01-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I've seen a replica of the Lander at the Smithsonian. If you look at the picture, there is not much to the buggy. It's basically a simple electric motor, simple chassis, and four wheels. The whole thing could have easily been stowed in pieces and then assembled after the landing.

And, if you do not believe the "models" in the original pictures, what makes you think that you would believe a new image?
It would take 'faith' for me to believe those specs are original luner landing equiptment...

It would take 'faith' for me to believe that their not digitally altered or created images...

Because all I see is arrows pointing towards shadows and dots...(yes, I know objects create shadows)...

But there's not enough distinction in the objects for me to know either way what those objects are...

NASA's mistake was not coming out with such images in the 80's, long before digital technology was widely known...where even I could take a photo of the moon, and with the cheap 'effects' software I have, could do some pretty amazing things...

NASA hurt it'self by only coming up with these images after surmounting pressure to do so....

Kind of the 'Ok they want proof, give them proof!' scenerio....
The reputation of to many, to much, is at stake, for them not to produce 'something'...

Also I learned 4 Russian probes reached the surface before Armstrong did...and took about 33 hours to get there...

Russia had the rocket power to get there, but choose not to...I guess I'd have to research their space history to figure out why...

But when doing such research, one is always at the mercy of seeing, hearing, learning, only what 'the government' wants you to...
And no Government will ever willingly make it'self look bad.

Like someone writing a auto-biography on themselves...there going to 'clean up' alot...and only disclose things that are favorible...

Also it took apollo around 65-69 hours to get there...

Took the Russian probes around 33 hours....

33-69 hours of seperation in 40 years?

Could they not simply have pointed one of the shuttles in that direction?
Like Buck Rogers....

Why were none of the shuttles ever sent to the moon, or simply to orbit it...33-69 hours?

The shuttles have orbited the earth for longer than that...
And in space, I hear you don't need much fuel, cause there's no resistance...
Is there something else preventing man from going back to the moon, other than the 'budget' excuse....?

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-01-2012 at 09:22 AM..

Old 01-01-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
It would take 'faith' for me to believe those specs are original luner landing equiptment...
I'll ask you again:

The USSR never uttered one word nor published one paper saying America was pulling a fast one over on the planet Earth.

Why was that?

Even a semi-intelligent person would agree that the USSR would have brought to the world's attention the fact that the United States was publicizing something phony.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Is there something else preventing man from going back to the moon, other than the 'budget' excuse....?
Yes, *THEY* are there... <insert Twilight Zone theme here>

Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
My vote is in.
Yep, we done it.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I'll ask you again:

The USSR never uttered one word nor published one paper saying America was pulling a fast one over on the planet Earth.

Why was that?

Even a semi-intelligent person would agree that the USSR would have brought to the world's attention the fact that the United States was publicizing something phony.
I'll start with this...Governments and their 'black opts' have always depended on the masses having very simpliced mindsets as demonstrated by the mindset 'See, Russia didn't do this, so America couldn't of done that'.....

The answer to the question will most likely always remain 'x' factor...

But one can say it's not a stretch to ponder that all sorts of back room deals could have been made...

Money is one...something as simple, yet powerful as money or agreed funding, or black male, 'you turn the eye on this, we'll turn the eye on that' ect ect...

There's a lot of agreements Governments make with each other, that the public never finds out about, unless some scandal breaks out, like Iran Contra, or more recently the 'Fast and Furious debocal'...

I also know back then, The Soviet Union had no issue with eliminating anyone (citizen, scientist or not) who could, or would jepordize such an agreement...

So what I'm saying knowing what we know about how Governments operate, and KGB, CIA and other issue settles...I'm not so sure if your premise ends the 'x' factor...

Not knowing the 'why' doesn't mean it didn't happen...it just means me and you don't know the 'x'...Kapeesh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space