Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 01:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,543,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Let's just say I don't live in the same silly reality you imagine, with absurd principles that even a five year old can disprove. Most of us are equipped to understand the reality in which we live, others simply tilt at windmills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
It's profoundly disturbing to be reminded that in this day and age - with all the information and scientific knowledge that's readily available to anyone with a computer - there are still people who actually believe this sort of lunacy. It's literally on the same level as believing that the sun is a golden chariot dragged across the sky each day by a team of horses. How does an adult - with, presumably, a job and other day to day responsibilities - even function with this cognitive process? How does someone even graduate 6th grade? I'm not trying to be mean; I'm genuinely curious. I don't understand how someone can even get through the day if this is how they interpret the world in which they live.
None of you understand the point of this thread, or the contents
which I have posted.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:03 AM

10,906 posts, read 5,877,981 times
Well, you did make it sound like you were subscribing to this notion and you did defend it. So what was the point of the thread?

You said that the sun and stars was visible to astronauts because the light was interacting with the glass. Don't you think the same light would interact with the lenses in your eyes? So you would see stars and the sun in space anyway.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:02 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,767,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
which I have posted.
Nutty ideas tend to get discarded as nutty.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:01 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,167,135 times
Quote:
which I have posted.
ooohhhhhhhhhhhkay, and just what was the point of this thread?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:25 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,805,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
It's profoundly disturbing to be reminded that in this day and age - with all the information and scientific knowledge that's readily available to anyone with a computer - there are still people who actually believe this sort of lunacy. It's literally on the same level as believing that the sun is a golden chariot dragged across the sky each day by a team of horses. How does an adult - with, presumably, a job and other day to day responsibilities - even function with this cognitive process? How does someone even graduate 6th grade? I'm not trying to be mean; I'm genuinely curious. I don't understand how someone can even get through the day if this is how they interpret the world in which they live.
And yet people believe the images we get from the Mars rovers are not true representations of the outlook from those rovers. If they ARE true representations then our scientists can use them to study off-world features and make predictions, analyses etc.

Unfortunately, if you believe they ARE true representations of the scenery at those locations, then there are things in those images which science is ignoring or dismissing for whatever reason. Like ignoring or denying the elephant in the room, science is appearing to be blinkered and no better than people who believe in a flat earth.

The same comment you have made which I quoted above can be aimed at science too. The 'lunacy' extends to scientists who will not move forward and perform critical analysis because it is opposed to their cherished beliefs.

It IS possible that our understanding needs to be enlarged to encompass other as-yet-undiscovered-by-mainstream laws. For example, maybe there is a way to effectively move faster than light. Maybe there is plant life on Mars?

As you point out in the quoted piece above, this is all out there on the internet, yet some people dont want to acknowledge it.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:18 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,419,739 times
Snowball, what I really want to know is why can't we see all the turtles holding up the flat disc of the earth, but instead you waste our time with this silliness.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 PM

46,816 posts, read 25,732,983 times
Good thing the stars are visible in space, then. Collapse averted!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 982,006 times
Quote:
which I have posted.
They made an image to the beast...looks kind of like this....

Old 05-25-2017, 11:45 AM

46,816 posts, read 25,732,983 times
Quote:
which I have posted.
If nobody understands your point, you might want to consider the constant in the equation.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 359 times
Im with snowball here. First, at this time with all the observations unexplained from the sun.. if you still believe it is a nuclear reactor up in the sky.. then you are not a science person. More like a religious person to me.

The sun could easily be a fully electrical phenomena and it may or may not emit visible light. The issue here is that it cannot be proven neither of the theories. If you look at it at free space with naked eye.. you dont live to tell the story. If you use a visor.. you couldn´t tell if your are looking at visible light thats generated at the sun surface or at the visor. This would also happend with any type of instrument used to test this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space