Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Regarding the distance. Sure, 100 years ago today's aircraft would have been a miracle. Still, there was no physical limit to flying 1000 km/h or whatever back then. It was merely a technical limit.
The speed of light however is said to be THE fastest speed possible by any means.
yes, but thats OUR understanding of how things are, may not be correct or applicable to everything, everywhere.

I find it almost comical when all the skeptics bring up the distance issue when trying to debunk aliens visiting earth...they dont stop to consider that an advanced civilization may have overcome those hurdles long ago, they are using human understanding and human limitations in basing their opinions, especially when flight in general was not even possible for mankind beyond 100 or so yrs ago!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 12:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
yes, but thats OUR understanding of how things are, may not be correct or applicable to everything, everywhere.

I find it almost comical when all the skeptics bring up the distance issue when trying to debunk aliens visiting earth...they dont stop to consider that an advanced civilization may have overcome those hurdles long ago, they are using human understanding and human limitations in basing their opinions, especially when flight in general was not even possible for mankind beyond 100 or so yrs ago!!
Well, maybe they have simply been travelling for thousands of years until they got here After all, some of them might be much more advanced than us currently, so they might have been traveling through space for thousands or even millions of years.

I am not a physicist, but if I am not mistaken Einstein's findings do apply everywhere.
Also, even the speed of light would be way too fast for the human body and other physical objects, especially the acceleration (both positive and negative) phase would have to be so slow that it would take a long time.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:34 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times
I hate it when threads in the science section are inevitably ruined by a few government conspiracy or UFO/alien nutjobs.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:56 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe in some type of Panspermia, but I doubt we could recognize it, even if it was happening right in front of our eyes.

Besides that, our planet is already full of all sorts of different lifeforms, seeding would not be necessary anymore.
I've been searching for that show to share. It was scientific and fairly recent. The seeding aspect was for living creatures in the very distant future. Only a minuscule amount survive and take eons to evolve into...something ?

Very interesting - 100% factual, who knows, still worth a watch.

Panspermia - Wow, thanks for the new word. That is what it was about

Last edited by movedintime; 06-02-2018 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: learning

Old 06-03-2018, 11:44 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1
I hate it when threads in the science section are inevitably ruined by a few government conspiracy or UFO/alien nutjobs.
I agree it is easier where there is no-one to make us face issues we dont want to face. Issues which are very similar to the elephant-in-the-room which no-one is talking about. We can go about our life without having to consider anything but the orthodox issues where nothing 'fringe' impinges on our life.

However...

How nutty is that to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE space vehicles which are being seen every day by lots of people. The ones I am referring to, of course, are the triangular and cigar shaped ones. Maybe, from our (nutjob) point of view, these ARE from alien technology, because - as far as we all know - there is nothing like this made by humans. So, if these are using alien technology, then perhaps we are already contacting aliens at some level of society.

I mean, this IS a science forum and these craft ARE seen in space, so what is nutty about that? The subject is relevant to both the science topic and the space topic so it seems these are valid discussion subjects. No?

Perhaps you can explain what you mean please and why what I have just explained is not relevant?

Old 06-06-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I agree it is easier where there is no-one to make us face issues we dont want to face. Issues which are very similar to the elephant-in-the-room which no-one is talking about. We can go about our life without having to consider anything but the orthodox issues where nothing 'fringe' impinges on our life.

However...

How nutty is that to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE space vehicles which are being seen every day by lots of people. The ones I am referring to, of course, are the triangular and cigar shaped ones. Maybe, from our (nutjob) point of view, these ARE from alien technology, because - as far as we all know - there is nothing like this made by humans. So, if these are using alien technology, then perhaps we are already contacting aliens at some level of society.

I mean, this IS a science forum and these craft ARE seen in space, so what is nutty about that? The subject is relevant to both the science topic and the space topic so it seems these are valid discussion subjects. No?

Perhaps you can explain what you mean please and why what I have just explained is not relevant?
I think those kinds of people are just doing everything they can to avoid the topic altogether, once you consider it a possibility, it raises a whole bunch of BIG questions (can of worms).

Considering that the most advanced fighter plane in existence today (F35) pales in comparison to many UFOs seen, imo, this points to their origin being non-man made. Decades past, the Govt used UFOs as a way to disguise experimental aircraft, like the B2, stealth technology, etc, but since that time, I have not seen any extraordinary aircraft technology trickle down, the F35 and other modern advanced aircraft are proof of that, they are still extremely loud, and do not come close to the capabilities reported by UFO witnesses.

I tend to think if these were man made, we would see at least some new aircraft technology trickle down to known aircraft.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I think I saw two UFO's about 30 years ago, they were so agile and quiet I that I have no other explanation.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:24 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
I tend to think if these were man made, we would see at least some new aircraft technology trickle down to known aircraft.
I would hope so too, however I really wonder who is running the show now. It appears as if there are two sides - one wants to get the truth out and the other wants to keep things as they are, secret. Both know that it will be a huge change in our living conditions, the economy will inevitably suffer along with jobs being lost and eventually more created in new areas.

Think of the infrastructure built up around energy or flight for example. New power generation will immediately get rid of nuclear energy with all its associated industries and trigger a huge retraining cost.

Possibly that is why nothing has been done yet but there will never be a good time to do this release.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I would hope so too, however I really wonder who is running the show now. It appears as if there are two sides - one wants to get the truth out and the other wants to keep things as they are, secret. Both know that it will be a huge change in our living conditions, the economy will inevitably suffer along with jobs being lost and eventually more created in new areas.

Think of the infrastructure built up around energy or flight for example. New power generation will immediately get rid of nuclear energy with all its associated industries and trigger a huge retraining cost.

Possibly that is why nothing has been done yet but there will never be a good time to do this release.
Yes, the financial security of the US is important, if people knew there was a cheap or free energy source to power vehicles, homes, etc and they did not have to rely on an industry to supply it, that would be disastrous for the economy, suddenly there would be 100s of 1000s of people in the energy industry, out of a job.

Control over the general public is also a big concern imo, the more people do not have to rely on the 'powers that be', the less they have them over a barrel!

I always thought it was interesting that 'any technology that effects govts ability to exert its authority' is one of the considerations taken in deciding whether to suppress a technology or not! (under the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space