Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 10:55 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I didn't see the Post article, but it's been online in the news. A video from CBS News about it is in this article.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/na...sed/ar-BBYWUr8
Hmmm, this is very strange behavior for the Govt, its almost like they are 'priming' us for some big announcement in the near future.

Had this happened 10-15 yrs ago, they would have just kept quiet and said nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2020, 12:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hmmm, this is very strange behavior for the Govt, its almost like they are 'priming' us for some big announcement in the near future.

Had this happened 10-15 yrs ago, they would have just kept quiet and said nothing about it.
I don't know that 'priming' is the word I'd use for it. Interestingly, it was found in the Unclassified documents where anyone could have access it. We live in a time period of international squabbles and wars. The big boys in global military, and with newbies joining the fray with the global threat of nuclear weapons. Neither the US, Russia, or China want such a war, but you can bet that all are at the ready, just in case. No one wants to reveal their plans and all try to find out what the others know. Conveniently, not only was the video found, but it was "leaked" to the public. Everybody and their brother were posting the video to YouTube and other social media outlets.

The recent news about the tic-tac UFO video is old news. What's new is the Navy acknowledging the existence of the video but indicating that they can't talk about it because it could cause damage to national security. It's entirely possible that the "loose lips sinks ships" policy is a psychological diversion and scare tactic. It's no secret that other nations have seen the video and read the news. If it scares the pants off other threatening countries, not knowing what else the US has up their sleeves, even if it's just an illusion, then the diversion tactic will have accomplished its goal. Everyone is trying to jockey themselves into a position that's at least one step ahead of the others.

I liked what the guy at the end of the CBS news interview had to say. He doesn't know what it is (it's unidentified), it's movement would be far beyond "next generation technology", and that the odds of it being an alien spacecraft is extremely remote. That only leaves a few other options, one of which is that it's fake but useful as a diversion tactic. If others think the US may have information or access to such crafts, it might cause them to resist the temptation to engage in hostility against a superpower.

What seems kind of opaque to me, is that the Navy's comments about it come right on the heels of threats in the Middle East, the assassination of an Iranian military leader, Iran's downing of a Ukraine commercial aircraft, and the usual chest beating by the White House with threats to other countries. Is the Navy's comments about the tic-tac video just a coincidence? You be the judge.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know that 'priming' is the word I'd use for it. Interestingly, it was found in the Unclassified documents where anyone could have access it. We live in a time period of international squabbles and wars. The big boys in global military, and with newbies joining the fray with the global threat of nuclear weapons. Neither the US, Russia, or China want such a war, but you can bet that all are at the ready, just in case. No one wants to reveal their plans and all try to find out what the others know. Conveniently, not only was the video found, but it was "leaked" to the public. Everybody and their brother were posting the video to YouTube and other social media outlets.

The recent news about the tic-tac UFO video is old news. What's new is the Navy acknowledging the existence of the video but indicating that they can't talk about it because it could cause damage to national security. It's entirely possible that the "loose lips sinks ships" policy is a psychological diversion and scare tactic. It's no secret that other nations have seen the video and read the news. If it scares the pants off other threatening countries, not knowing what else the US has up their sleeves, even if it's just an illusion, then the diversion tactic will have accomplished its goal. Everyone is trying to jockey themselves into a position that's at least one step ahead of the others.

I liked what the guy at the end of the CBS news interview had to say. He doesn't know what it is (it's unidentified), it's movement would be far beyond "next generation technology", and that the odds of it being an alien spacecraft is extremely remote. That only leaves a few other options, one of which is that it's fake but useful as a diversion tactic. If others think the US may have information or access to such crafts, it might cause them to resist the temptation to engage in hostility against a superpower.

What seems kind of opaque to me, is that the Navy's comments about it come right on the heels of threats in the Middle East, the assassination of an Iranian military leader, Iran's downing of a Ukraine commercial aircraft, and the usual chest beating by the White House with threats to other countries. Is the Navy's comments about the tic-tac video just a coincidence? You be the judge.
My understanding was, the Navy was talking about other video of the tic tac craft (video that still is classified, that the public has not seen), that video may show more of the tic tac, or even show occupants, interior? I think that is the threat to national security they were talking about (if other video was leaked).

Who knows how much video they have of these things?!!

If the US had this kind of aircraft technology, I think we would see more evidence of it, there would be vets willing to talk about it when they got out of the military, there would be cell phone videos and pics of them, the interiors, etc. and to be honest, if they truly had aircraft like this, they could take over the world within a weeks time!

Furthermore, I think the 'national security threat' they are talking about is actually a threat to the economy...if these aircraft are man made and use some kind of anti gravity or other natural type propulsion system...who is going to want to buy internal combustion engine powered cars anymore?! Anti gravity or some type of gravity control propulsion system would be the closet thing to free energy..the existence of such technology would devastate the oil and gas industry OVERNIGHT! not to mention many other industries that are dependent on oil and gas industry.

Last edited by rstevens62; 01-19-2020 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-20-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
My understanding was, the Navy was talking about other video of the tic tac craft (video that still is classified, that the public has not seen), that video may show more of the tic tac, or even show occupants, interior? I think that is the threat to national security they were talking about (if other video was leaked).

Who knows how much video they have of these things?!!
The longer video that has been mentioned (having been seen by a few before it was hidden) is said to be about 8 minutes long. I would imagine it's mostly more of the same as the shorter version. I have no idea if there were two different videos or just one that had been edited to be shorter (which would be my guess). But the impression is that both are of the same incident of the tic-tac. Maybe the longer version was hidden to avoid showing an accidental views of the tic-tac being suspended by wires. Who knows. I seriously doubt it showed any "occupants" or "interior". The video appears to have been captured by thermal imaging, which would be an external reflection of heat, not internal view of it even if it had windows. Why would anyone think such a thing would even need to have windows? For example, cruise missiles don't have any windows, and capture images in the same way by thermal imaging cameras.

Quote:
If the US had this kind of aircraft technology, I think we would see more evidence of it, there would be vets willing to talk about it when they got out of the military, there would be cell phone videos and pics of them, the interiors, etc. and to be honest, if they truly had aircraft like this, they could take over the world within a weeks time!
Apparently, there are vets who have been talking about it. Even the Navy itself issued a statement about it. Assuming it's some kind of advanced aircraft, we wouldn't necessarily see more evidence of it. The thing was seen over the Pacific Ocean, not land. It involved the NAVY. In particular, the USS Nimitz is one of the most highly advanced warships on the planet. The tic-tac has been described as being anywhere from 40 to 60 feet long, was somewhat oval in shape, and said to have been about 50 feet above the ocean causing a disturbance. What seemed unusual about the tic-tac was that it could rapidly go from an altitude of perhaps 60,000 feet to an altitude of around 100 or so feet. ATFLIR Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared system was involved in observing the object. ATFLIR was developed and manufactured by Raytheon.
https://time.com/5070962/navy-pilot-...om-this-world/
‘Tic Tac’ UFO Video: Q&A With Navy Pilot Chad Underwood
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense
https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/atflir
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/us-n...targeting-pod/

Quote:
Furthermore, I think the 'national security threat' they are talking about is actually a threat to the economy...if these aircraft are man made and use some kind of anti gravity or other natural type propulsion system...who is going to want to buy internal combustion engine powered cars anymore?! Anti gravity or some type of gravity control propulsion system would be the closet thing to free energy..the existence of such technology would devastate the oil and gas industry OVERNIGHT! not to mention many other industries that are dependent on oil and gas industry.
While an economy could be an economic threat target, it's doubtful that's the concern about the tic-tac. Further, the oil and gas industry would not be devastated overnight, nor would it cause an instant drop in the manufacture of combustion powered engines in cars. There's no evidence of any anti-gravity or gravity control propulsion systems. While something like that could certainly be a game-changer, it's kind of jumping the gun to assume that's what was meant as a "national security threat".

Keep in mind that the tic-tac involved Navy war vessels. For all we know (which we don't), it could indeed mean keeping a lid on it by not revealing what it is or where it had originated from. If the tic-tac is a secret unmanned military aircraft, then the Navy is not likely to admit it for as long as possible in order to surprise potential adversaries with a new type of weapon. The Navy could develop such a craft without telling other naval pilots and shipboard observers what it is. Most likely a handful, at best, of high ranking officials knew about it but are determined to keep mum about it. It would suggest a near perfect psychological military strategic tactic maintain military superiority to keep adversaries in the dark and guessing, and perhaps back down from potential threats. The same thing was done with the stealth aircraft. I'd guess, and this is purely a guess, that the tic-tac might be a remote controlled drone to either compliment or possibly replace cruise missiles.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
The longer video that has been mentioned (having been seen by a few before it was hidden) is said to be about 8 minutes long. I would imagine it's mostly more of the same as the shorter version. I have no idea if there were two different videos or just one that had been edited to be shorter (which would be my guess). But the impression is that both are of the same incident of the tic-tac. Maybe the longer version was hidden to avoid showing an accidental views of the tic-tac being suspended by wires. Who knows. I seriously doubt it showed any "occupants" or "interior". The video appears to have been captured by thermal imaging, which would be an external reflection of heat, not internal view of it even if it had windows. Why would anyone think such a thing would even need to have windows? For example, cruise missiles don't have any windows, and capture images in the same way by thermal imaging cameras.

Apparently, there are vets who have been talking about it. Even the Navy itself issued a statement about it. Assuming it's some kind of advanced aircraft, we wouldn't necessarily see more evidence of it. The thing was seen over the Pacific Ocean, not land. It involved the NAVY. In particular, the USS Nimitz is one of the most highly advanced warships on the planet. The tic-tac has been described as being anywhere from 40 to 60 feet long, was somewhat oval in shape, and said to have been about 50 feet above the ocean causing a disturbance. What seemed unusual about the tic-tac was that it could rapidly go from an altitude of perhaps 60,000 feet to an altitude of around 100 or so feet. ATFLIR Advanced Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared system was involved in observing the object. ATFLIR was developed and manufactured by Raytheon.
https://time.com/5070962/navy-pilot-...om-this-world/
‘Tic Tac’ UFO Video: Q&A With Navy Pilot Chad Underwood
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense
https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/atflir
https://theaviationgeekclub.com/us-n...targeting-pod/

While an economy could be an economic threat target, it's doubtful that's the concern about the tic-tac. Further, the oil and gas industry would not be devastated overnight, nor would it cause an instant drop in the manufacture of combustion powered engines in cars. There's no evidence of any anti-gravity or gravity control propulsion systems. While something like that could certainly be a game-changer, it's kind of jumping the gun to assume that's what was meant as a "national security threat".

Keep in mind that the tic-tac involved Navy war vessels. For all we know (which we don't), it could indeed mean keeping a lid on it by not revealing what it is or where it had originated from. If the tic-tac is a secret unmanned military aircraft, then the Navy is not likely to admit it for as long as possible in order to surprise potential adversaries with a new type of weapon. The Navy could develop such a craft without telling other naval pilots and shipboard observers what it is. Most likely a handful, at best, of high ranking officials knew about it but are determined to keep mum about it. It would suggest a near perfect psychological military strategic tactic maintain military superiority to keep adversaries in the dark and guessing, and perhaps back down from potential threats. The same thing was done with the stealth aircraft. I'd guess, and this is purely a guess, that the tic-tac might be a remote controlled drone to either compliment or possibly replace cruise missiles.
Yes, I agree on keeping things classified as to keep everyone in the dark...but as Ive said before, and the Stealth bomber is a great example, aircraft does NOT remain top secret/classified FOREVER...eventually it becomes known by the public (like the Stealth bomber today).

Old 01-22-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, I agree on keeping things classified as to keep everyone in the dark...but as Ive said before, and the Stealth bomber is a great example, aircraft does NOT remain top secret/classified FOREVER...eventually it becomes known by the public (like the Stealth bomber today).
I agree with your point. Things eventually do become known. Since UFOs have remained as an unknown, if they are indeed manmade military objects, then keeping it a secret for as long as possible would not be something unexpected from an ongoing strategic standpoint. That the general public currently has no idea what these objects are doesn't necessarily mean that they will remain classified and kept unknown as a secret "FOREVER". Once it is clearly understood exactly what these things are, assuming they are military objects, then the cat is out of the bag in that it wouldn't be a secret any longer. If we knew exactly what they are, so would everyone else in the world.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:03 PM

Interesting article about what the tic-tac UFO might be. An engineer by the name of Salvatore Cezar Pais has several patents of unusual technologies that were filed on behalf of the US Navy. Some of them, combined could potentially create an aerospace/underwater craft like the tic-tac UFO. Some of the technologies are not proven or are still a long way off from development, but then, who knows? Interestingly, it was the Navy that was involved with the tic-tac UFO. If such a thing has been developed and tested by the Navy, then it's no wonder they don't want to talk about it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...aks/ar-BBZiEgX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space