Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 11:35 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times

Advertisements

Space Launch System Hangar, or SLuSH for short. I'm sure it's well funded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:47 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Still having valve issues.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That won’t last though. Something else will come up that will push it into next year. That always happens with SLS.
Yup.

NASA to roll back SLS for repairs

Quote:
NASA announced late April 16 it will roll back the Space Launch System from the launch pad for various repairs, further delaying the rocket’s long-anticipated first launch.

In a statement late April 16, NASA announced it planned to roll back the SLS to the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) “due to upgrades required at an off-site supplier of gaseous nitrogen used for the test,” the agency said. Problems with the supply of gaseous nitrogen, used to support activities at the pad, had delayed two previous countdown rehearsals.

Old 04-18-2022, 11:59 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,699,769 times
Anyone want to be the SLS doesn't roll out for another attempt at tanking tests before Starship launches?

I predict at least two starship launches (maybe one of them a success) before the SLS launches.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Anyone want to be the SLS doesn't roll out for another attempt at tanking tests before Starship launches?

I predict at least two starship launches (maybe one of them a success) before the SLS launches.
I'm sure if it does roll out the Starship launch will get bumped. Because politics.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:11 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,241 times
Quote:

No bet. SLS is the biggest white elephant out there right now. NASA has dumped so much money on Boeings desk they can't afford not to fly it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm sure if it does roll out the Starship launch will get bumped. Because politics.
That one I'd be willing to bet against. I don't see SpaceX being anything close to OK waiting around for NASA and Boeing to fix their sh*t before flying. If that were the case, Crew Dragon wouldn't have flown before Starliner was fixed.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:38 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Quote:

What's your prediction on first Starship launch date?

Old 04-20-2022, 05:43 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
What's your prediction on first Starship launch date?
It all depends on FAA approval at Boca Chica or not, if SpaceX is denied launching from there, it will probably take them until the fall to finish their identical launch tower, catching mechanism and launch table at Pad 39A at Cape Canaveral and be able to launch there.

I understand the reasoning behind choosing Boca Chica, but the huge wildcard was the fact it was a wildlife refuge and rockets were never launched from there before and more importantly, it is a lot closer to populated areas, as compare to Kennedy Space Center.

So there was never a guarantee that the FAA would clear SpaceX for launching from there, it was a huge gamble for Elon's part, which may or may not pay off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space