Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 05:11 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,108,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I loved the show and many of the characters...you are referring to "Lyta"....she was also one of my favorites...she had to watch the "Psych-corps"....looking for rogue telepaths...but Kosh helped increase her abilities and she was rated a P 5 ... highest power and she could out do any cop and shield her own thoughts. Next to a Vorlon or other "First Ones"...she was quite formidable.....
Ah, so that's how it was done. I had it in my mind that her abilities were higher than that, but guess not. I especially liked the way she looked when she was in full psych mode, which made her eyes completely black.

I see the replacement for her had kind of an interesting story, though I liked the first one, better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Ace Rimmer. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back by breakfast."
Here's a link to Ace, as well as the the characters. The site has all of them, I guess.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,466,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Ah, so that's how it was done. I had it in my mind that her abilities were higher than that, but guess not. I especially liked the way she looked when she was in full psych mode, which made her eyes completely black.

I see the replacement for her had kind of an interesting story, though I liked the first one, better.
OHHH...you are right P5 was....not so much...psycops were P10 or more...You are right Lyta was way beyond that...much more powerful than Bester...her nemesis. Lyta came a little later in the series.

She replaced a Blonde psycop...I forget her name..I'll have to back and look...she was sent (unknown to her...a telepathic command) to kill someone(boy I better rewatch my DVD's LOL) and I think got killed herself...Lyta was her replacement.

Thanx for convincing me to rewatch them...I'm starting to forget names...LOL..I have only seasons 2 thru 5...the best ones at least. Again I am sorry for underestimating Lyta's abilities....so are a few other people...LOL....I just love the show...so many depths and meanings involved!

I loved the first ones and when they tried to strop the Shadow and Vorlon War....Keep the questions coming...LOL.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,530,465 times
Elijah Baley

Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
OHHH...you are right P5 was....not so much...psycops were P10 or more...You are right Lyta was way beyond that...much more powerful than Bester...her nemesis. Lyta came a little later in the series.

She replaced a Blonde psycop...I forget her name..I'll have to back and look...she was sent (unknown to her...a telepathic command) to kill someone(boy I better rewatch my DVD's LOL) and I think got killed herself...Lyta was her replacement.

Thanx for convincing me to rewatch them...I'm starting to forget names...LOL..I have only seasons 2 thru 5...the best ones at least. Again I am sorry for underestimating Lyta's abilities....so are a few other people...LOL....I just love the show...so many depths and meanings involved!

I loved the first ones and when they tried to strop the Shadow and Vorlon War....Keep the questions coming...LOL.
I think Lyta, as a P5, was mentioned in a wiki article, but possibly the increased strength of her abilities came later? I read that P5 was "average" ability. This gets confusing.

Quote:
Wondering what it would be like to read minds...

Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I think Lyta, as a P5, was mentioned in a wiki article, but possibly the increased strength of her abilities came later? I read that P5 was "average" ability. This gets confusing.
TRUE...P5 grade was OK...Psychcops were like P 10...maybe 13...BUT the Vorlons increased Lytas' abilities many orders of magnitude; like when she disabled 30 warships(out of 36)by controlling other telepaths to sabotage the fleet...her eyes got Black and this time a bit of blood too...It took all her energy..

Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,579,258 times
Roy Batty from Blade Runner.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Roy Batty from Blade Runner.
That's a good one; not mentioned yet.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,885,377 times
Gort

Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Gort
Gort, Klaatu barada nickto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space