Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

Howdy...I am new to the net...so this may be common knowledge. Fans of the original TV show have produced, what was to be the next season of the original series.

The episodes were already written, before cancellation. It is really cool...original starship and characters, but played by fans. However there are guest appearances by the original actors...Mr. Sulu...Chekov and a few minor characters.

They use the same music and campy drama as the first series...but updated with some pretty good special effects and very good storylines.

The dude who plays Captain Kirk bought many of the original props and helps produce the show. I actually love it as much as the original...if you are looking for a unique Science Fiction outlet; This is it...LOL.

Enough with my rambling...when you go to the site you can do full screen and the episodes beginning playing quickly....SEE... Star Trek Phase II - Feature Library (http://scifi.dragonfly.com/stp2/ - broken link) ...Hope you enjoy these new Voyages, as much as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM

3,109 posts, read 9,839,572 times
Pittston2sarasota: I went up to the sight and it looks good. I was watching an episode and it looks as good as the original, however, disconcerting to see different faces with familiar names. Maybe it will catch on. question: The staff of writers, are they polished writers or just fans? Script sounds good.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Pittston2sarasota: I went up to the sight and it looks good. I was watching an episode and it looks as good as the original, however, disconcerting to see different faces with familiar names. Maybe it will catch on. question: The staff of writers, are they polished writers or just fans? Script sounds good.
The Captain is a huge fan and bought the Paramount props. All actors are fans...except guest appearances.

The episodes were written in 1968 or so; but the show got cancelled...some agreement with Paramount...etc. so they all benefit...but no profiting from it. The episode with Vhekov is the best one I have seen...really cool special effects for fans. I love the battle scenes...more realistic as you see the decks of the saucer section...smashed open...and the photon torpedo shots at the final battle, really add some more realism to the series.

Thanx for watching...P2S

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Howdy...I am new to the net...so this may be common knowledge. Fans of the original TV show have produced, what was to be the next season of the original series.

The episodes were already written, before cancellation. It is really cool...original starship and characters, but played by fans. However there are guest appearances by the original actors...Mr. Sulu...Chekov and a few minor characters.

They use the same music and campy drama as the first series...but updated with some pretty good special effects and very good storylines.

The dude who plays Captain Kirk bought many of the original props and helps produce the show. I actually love it as much as the original...if you are looking for a unique Science Fiction outlet; This is it...LOL.

Enough with my rambling...when you go to the site you can do full screen and the episodes beginning playing quickly....SEE... Star Trek Phase II - Feature Library (http://scifi.dragonfly.com/stp2/ - broken link) ...Hope you enjoy these new Voyages, as much as I do.
The original link no longer functions...here is the new one(s):

Star Trek: Phase II | Video Portal

Star Trek: Phase II Home Page FIXED! .

Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 PM

48 posts, read 196,436 times
The stories, special effects, and props are top notch. Some of the acting is a bit bad (some of the more minor characters are better actors than the main cast) but once you get past that, the episodes are well edited and a joy to watch.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,142,567 times
My husband loves this.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammarayburst View Post
The stories, special effects, and props are top notch. Some of the acting is a bit bad (some of the more minor characters are better actors than the main cast) but once you get past that, the episodes are well edited and a joy to watch.
I just love them too..great plots and special effects....the acting could certainly be better; but I think they try to be a bit "campy", like the original series; especially Captain Kirk's character(but he is the main force behind the series).

My favorite is episode 2...To Serve All My Days. .

Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
My husband loves this.
I'm glad to share...I think if you liked the original series...you'll love this new one...The GREAT DEDICATION of some fans and Paramount Studios...Thumps up!.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM

Here is an embedded short scene from the episode: TO SERVE ALL MY DAYS. The original Chekov(Walter Koenig) reprises his role as his "older self"; while a new actor plays the "new Chekov", as well as Koenig played his "old role"....LOL....

There is an excellent battle scene in this clip with very impressive special effects; for "amateurs".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMBqUzjKPNM .

Old 12-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammarayburst View Post
I really enjoy them also. The acting could certainly be better; I think they try to hard and get "overly dramatic" just like the original show did. I like the "new" Chekov...he does a fantastic job of interpreting his original character. . Have you noticed that there are 2 versions of episode II...To Serve All My Days???...Mainly the final battle scene is "different".

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 12-19-2009 at 06:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space