Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 AM

23,767 posts, read 29,021,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
LOL.....whatever you say......I think I have adequately proven my point with the Scientific Method....rather than using baseless/senseless/ridiculous/ claims without links and/or educational sources/videos, as in your irrelevant posts. Quit while you're "ahead"....really you posts are making you appear(covers mouth).

Scientific method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I supplied the links proving my assertions.....where are yours????? After all......You yourself saw Arnie BLOWING up our MOON......ROFLMFAO......Making my day again. ;-)
maybe you're right, but maybe you're not as there appears to be a growing groundswell of support for the obliteration of the offending orb...

Blow up the moon petition. Petition

As a compromise to you and your so-called "Lunar-Lovers", perhaps we could cover the moon in canvas for awhile and see how it feels. If the widespread catastrophes don't materialize like you seem to be predicting, it could be blown up later.

Last edited by Ghengis; 08-11-2010 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,628,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
As a compromise to you and your so-called "Lunar-Lovers", perhaps we could cover the moon in canvas for awhile and see how it feels.
May I recommend considering having artists Cristo and Jeanne-Claude do the job? They seem pretty good at covering large things with fabric.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
These things don't bother me. If we get hit by one, we get hit. I am not belittling you for being concerned, however. You know the gov't as well as I do. We won't take serious action until a major city gets turned to dust by one of the space rocks. Then, shortly after, we will forget about it as we did 911!

Charles
cpsTN !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

Your post is precisely correct ! Sad but true.

How absolutely pitiful have so many of (us) Americans become in regards to the subject matter of cpsTN's post !

It's a damn pathetic shame !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,510,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
cpsTN !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

Your post is precisely correct ! Sad but true.

How absolutely pitiful have so many of (us) Americans become in regards to the subject matter of cpsTN's post !

It's a damn pathetic shame !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
I actually agree with both of you......cpsTN and L.Funk......Pick your city....I'm leaning towards Los Angeles...with all the new fault lines discovered directly under the downtown....it's only a matter of time anyway; let's cut our losses. Or how about New Orleans....the FEDS are letting that city sink into the Gulf of Mexico anyway. Pick your poison!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,602,950 times
Also a thought here and that is if the Moon were obliterated wouldn't that lessen the density load of the two combined masses and the effect it would have on the suns gravitation pull on the earth then? Wouldn't the earth start to slowly drift backwards out of orbit some xxx amount of million miles (??) and how would that then effect the climate as wouldn't that quasi freeze the planet ??

Anyway thnaks for starting this thread PITTS

Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM

I never thought it would get into a Moon debate but heck....NO MOON...no habitable Earth....can't have our cake and eat it too....LOL...working in Nursing I can attest to the crazies being worse at full moon.... So let's just blow it up...unfortunately all our nukes together won't do the job; but we can hope. Didn't we just have one when some of those MOON Hater posts were written; but I digress....ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 PM

NASA to lead global asteroid response: Scientific American

NASA panel weighs asteroid danger : Nature News

Near-Earth Object Surveys and Hazard Mitigation Strategies: Interim Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space