Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:46 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times

Advertisements

I truly believe that all these UFO's are experimental airplanes from the military. I thought there was something about Hitler was trying to create an airplane that looked like a flying saucer in WW2. Stealth bomber looks like some of those UFO's. There has been much talk about the SR-91 and its possible capabilities, but nothing came out to the public about it.

But this is my thought. Why would an advanced civilization come and visit a caveman like society? We are still killing each other and our own planet. I am not referring to global changing/warming/ spaghetti, however you want to classify it as, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I truly believe that all these UFO's are experimental airplanes from the military. I thought there was something about Hitler was trying to create an airplane that looked like a flying saucer in WW2. Stealth bomber looks like some of those UFO's. There has been much talk about the SR-91 and its possible capabilities, but nothing came out to the public about it.

But this is my thought. Why would an advanced civilization come and visit a caveman like society? We are still killing each other and our own planet. I am not referring to global changing/warming/ spaghetti, however you want to classify it as, either.
Or maybe because we're just part of some big "petri-dish" sort of experiment, and we have no more idea about it all, than lab rats do about the giant strange-looking critters that come around inspecting them.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
While there seems to be alot of compelling evidence and credible eye-witnesses, I always kinda wonder why there are so many different designs for these things. There seems to be no discernible "style" or aesthetic to the designs, and it's like no two of them ever even match... what's up with that?
You beat me to it! If you look at the 'history' of UFO sightings, you will recognize that UFO design seems to correlate with the particular technology of the time. For example, images of UFOs depicted in the 1800s tend to be of a balloon type that vaguely resembles a modern day blimp or modified hot-air ballon. Some even seem to resemble early concepts for flying contraptions similar to a wooden flying buggy.

If you go back further, they were flying chariots or simply balls of fire.

And of course, in modern times they went from being saucers, to cigar-shaped to the high-tech triangles.

I think that this has more to do with imagination and knowledge of the current technology than it does with the Keel Effect, even though what Keel proposes would make perfect sense if one believes in string theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
We can identify the origin of every natural and man made electromagnetic signal in the skies and in deep space. We have been searching for years for an electromagnetic "Anomoly" possibly made from another intelligent lifeform that manipulates the properties of physics like we do. Nothing. Programs like SETI have yielded no signals other than natural electromagnetic radiation, or earth made. There is no evidence of other intelligent lifeforms so far.
There was a signal received during the 70s (or was it the 80s?) for a brief moment that to my knowledge has not been identified, nor repeated, to this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I truly believe that all these UFO's are experimental airplanes from the military.
I do, too, as well. Roswell was the perfect cover-up and a shinning example of the power of point, counter-point style propaganda. Basically, the same source concocts booth sides of the story in order to throw off the masses and thoroughly confuse everyone; effectively concealing the real mission. Put enough spin on something and no one will believe you even if you are telling the truth. Perfect.

Keep in mind that both the initial reports of a UFO crash and the reports that it was a 'hoax' both came from the same source; the US Air Force at roughly the same time.

Why would the Air Force do that? Well, they are no dummies, they understood that sooner or later civilians would see their 'bizarre' top-secret craft flying over head and needed a story to cover their butts without alerting the Russians or completely scaring the bajeebus out of the population that a War of the Worlds was about to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Or maybe because we're just part of some big "petri-dish" sort of experiment, and we have no more idea about it all, than lab rats do about the giant strange-looking critters that come around inspecting them.
It is human nature to ponder why we are here and/or if we have any purpose. People turn to religion, science, marijuana, and other philosophies for the answers. While it is a fun topic to discuss at parties, and an annoying one to have on the bus, with co-workers, or perhaps family and neighbors, I honestly do not think that such 'answers' would improve life on Earth.

Personally, I have seen a few strange things in the sky that are definitely unidentified (by me), flying, and are some sort of objects. Does that mean that they are UFOs from another location in our galaxy/universe? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 PM

764 posts, read 1,557,522 times
I HAVE MET AN ALIEN. Actually i meet them everyday. We are aliens. Species flying through space on a globe. I dont believe we have had any encounters from outside aliens, but i do think they exist. As steven hawking said, it is statistically certain.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
There was a signal received during the 70s (or was it the 80s?) for a brief moment that to my knowledge has not been identified, nor repeated, to this day.
That's the "WOW! signal".

Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Anyone who thinks there is a single explantion for ALL UFOs is wrong. Also water is wet. Some are/were experimental aircraft. Some were natural phenomena. Some were hoaxes. Some aren't realistically explainable as any of those and who the heck knows what they were.

As to why aliens would visit us, you kidding? Why wouldn't they? Given all of humanity's faults, I'm not amazed at how people have a loathing of humanity, but I am amazed that they consider this some odd reason for aliens not wanting to visit, even study, us. I would think any intelligent race would logically want to reach out and discover, study, if possible/logical even communicate with others, to learn, grow, connect etc etc.

That said, the odds of any given sighting being aliens I think is about a statistical zero. Ref "Drake's Equation" for starters.

As for why so many diff kinds of "craft" sighted, if anything, huh?? We should wonder why they are so similar if anything (and I think people's limited imagination is the likely answer). Life is nothing is not varied (look at the unbelievable variety right here on just this one planet!) and I would think any intelligent life out there would probably be different, likely radically different than anything else.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Anyone who thinks there is a single explantion for ALL UFOs is wrong. Also water is wet. Some are/were experimental aircraft. Some were natural phenomena. Some were hoaxes. Some aren't realistically explainable as any of those and who the heck knows what they were.

As to why aliens would visit us, you kidding? Why wouldn't they? Given all of humanity's faults, I'm not amazed at how people have a loathing of humanity, but I am amazed that they consider this some odd reason for aliens not wanting to visit, even study, us. I would think any intelligent race would logically want to reach out and discover, study, if possible/logical even communicate with others, to learn, grow, connect etc etc.

That said, the odds of any given sighting being aliens I think is about a statistical zero. Ref "Drake's Equation" for starters.

As for why so many diff kinds of "craft" sighted, if anything, huh?? We should wonder why they are so similar if anything (and I think people's limited imagination is the likely answer). Life is nothing is not varied (look at the unbelievable variety right here on just this one planet!) and I would think any intelligent life out there would probably be different, likely radically different than anything else.
Thank you for gracing our "limited imaginations" with your brilliant and insightful analysis. But what's your point here exactly (besides "the Answer for UFO's is D, None of the Above")?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 AM

149 posts, read 467,597 times
Well, one thing we gotta do right now is get our terms right.
Look: A UFO is --by definition-- any craft flying in airspace, whose identity cannot be accounted for visually (or through radar).
What we are talking about here... Are RMO's.
RMO?

Round Metal Object.
So... In summation... The things allegedly carrying little green or whatever are RMO's, not UFO's.

Just thought I'd clear that up. Thanks for your time.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's the "WOW! signal".
Yup, that is it.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Loathing? Who's loathing humanity?

The idea that there is intelligent life out there and whether or not they would visit Earth is based on assumptions that are largely centric to the human experience. For one, we tend to look at the world, and universe through our own eyes and understanding. It is human nature and curiosity to explore, expand, and conquer. Just because we would one day like to inhabit Mars and offer manned missions to explore further reaches of space does not necessiarily mean that other beings in the universe desire the same.

Is it not possible that a being on another planet looks up at the stars and thinks, Who gives a sh*t!? Is it not possible that other lifeforms out there have not evolved passed the ability of the octopus, who are extremely intelligent, but yet the ability to leave their planet let alone create technology of any sort? And, just because humans would love to capture and study an alien life form, does that mean that they would hold the same sentiment? Just because they would come here, given that they could find this place, does not mean that they would want to study us let alone even understand what the heck we are doing (outside of our own capabilities of understanding what they are thinking or doing)?

Quote:
How are these craft so similar? Because they are depicted as flying? That is where the similarity ends. Artists have been able to paint and draw with tremendous detail for what, the last 3000 years (actually longer, but...). If a 16th Century dude saw a flying disk, then why would it be depicted as something that resembled a modified hot-air balloon and not the disk that was seen?

Yeah, okay, maybe they were craft built by different races, or even alien companies, but still, there should be more consistency over the centuries. And there is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space