U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,916,530 times

Advertisements

I have Aspergers Syndrome and hearing this news made me annoyed. Just like what Glenn Hoddle said years ago. However, Leary has a point, Autism is now downgraded. My experience of having my disorder can become suicide in the next 10 to 15 years as its a waste of ****ing time being diagnosed as nothing is offered to people like me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 PM

511 posts, read 631,095 times
I can't believe someone could be so mean

Old 10-26-2008, 01:50 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,472,078 times
Autisitic kids are VERY gifted, so, where in the world does he get off?

He needs to be shot.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:22 AM

2,766 posts, read 6,915,304 times
It doesn't surprise me, that guy is a real piece of work. I've never been a fan of his. Very poor taste and lack of judgment from him.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 AM

15,216 posts, read 28,833,040 times
I take it this wasn't a line he stole from Bill Hicks.

He's just showing he can be a jerk and a hack at the same time.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:53 AM

382 posts, read 913,947 times
Why do any of you people care about what some maladjusted actor says? What a waste of time to be offended.

Actors/Actresses, athletes, and other famous people say stupid things constantly, which is their right, but why do Americans care about what they say and believe that they know anything about the subject on what they are commenting? Americans place too much stock in actors/actresses and their opinions.

Perhaps we should stop paying their salaries by not buying their books or movies, paying for sporting events or watching their TV shows.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 AM

19 posts, read 44,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
Why do any of you people care about what some maladjusted actor says? What a waste of time to be offended.

Why do Americans care about what they say and believe that they know anything about the subject on what they are commenting?
Because no matter how stupid they are, people actually listen to them! It's amazing, it's shocking, it's ridiculous, but people actually look up to these people and see them as Jesus Christ himself!
"Well, so-and-so said she said he said such-and-such, so it must be true!" (Just another reason I'm not in public school anymore!)

I do agree that ADD/ADHD is tossed as a "diagnoses" much to often. I especially hate it when they go get the diagnoses, stick it in peoples faces as to why their precious little angel is cussing out the school teacher and sticking gum in kids' hair, yet refuse any medication or even special diet (none-the-less an ADD/ADHD disipline program)! I also think it's quite possible autism is falsly "diagnosed" too often, but I've personally never seen it. Though I have seen children who have received the diagnoses but the parents refuse it and the child doesn't get the treatment they need. (the parents were spot on with disipline, and were very good parents, but to my knowledge never put him in OT/etc, which I'm sure he would have GREATLY benifited from)

ANYWAYS, whatever the point he was trying to make, he did a horrible job of making it and offended many (including myself). He should expect to be "taken out of context" and be "misquoted" and just not make such stupid comments in ways where if he was misquoted it would be so easy! No matter what context it was in, it was just dumb and insulting.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:52 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,916,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Autisitic kids are VERY gifted, so, where in the world does he get off?

He needs to be shot.
I could carry that out.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM

13 posts, read 43,239 times
as the mother of a 6 year old angel, with autism, I am appalled at what he said. Theres no justifying the words "dumb ass kids" no matter what the context. My daughter is on the lower end of the spectrum and I think if he were forced to spend an hour with her we would find him hanging from the ceiling. I made my own self diagnosis of autistic by association. Meaning that, as if we dont have enough to deal with already with our children, we have to put up with morons like dennis leary insinuating that our children could be cured with a swift kick in the a#*. God knows if it were that simple my hand would be sore from spanking her. Sadly, thats not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Special Needs Children