Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:09 PM

649 posts, read 1,767,946 times

Advertisements

when i lived in portland i stood with a group of people to demonstrate against the war. but haven't done this in years, am moving to spokane from montana and am hoping to find an anti war group who are actively holding anti war demonstrations. just holding signs to show our feelings against the war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 AM

470 posts, read 1,036,615 times
I hope you aren't offended by my "I Club Hippies T-Shirt." Ranger Airborne!

-Sua sponte

Old 06-19-2010, 08:42 AM

59 posts, read 160,600 times
Screw holding signs, go on a hunger strike. If we don't pull out, you don't eat. You know the government will back down eventually.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:26 PM

i believe people have a right to their opinions. i use to be a hawk. i'm a vet myself and worked in the defense department for years. i don't believe in what we are doing and that we should use your resources here at home to help everyone to a better life. this war is wrong. both of them. it's war for oil and empire. our government is supporting corporations and big oil and not supporting the working men and women of this country. so each to his or her own opinion. this is just mine. and i like to take action with like minded people to protest the war to let others know and hope they will question our government and stand up for what they believe. thanks for sharing

Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 PM

The war is about preventing Shareeha Law in the US. Try protesting with the Islamic flag flying over the Whitehouse and let me know how that works for you.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokanejobseeker View Post
The war is about preventing Shareeha Law in the US. Try protesting with the Islamic flag flying over the Whitehouse and let me know how that works for you.
since this isn't a political forum i'll not go into your innocent and brainwashed ideas. but i will suggest you read a book now and then and not one by the corporate establishment, to get a realistic take on our country and history overall. i agree about the threat of muslum extremist, however they are a convenant cover for what corporate goverment is doing in iraq and afganistan. so maybe you should do your own research instead of buying hook line and sinker into what is spewed at you during your brainwashing lessions on tv and all other corporate venues. good luck to you but i doubt you'll open your mind to any other possibilities.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
since this isn't a political forum i'll not go into your innocent and brainwashed ideas. but i will suggest you read a book now and then and not one by the corporate establishment, to get a realistic take on our country and history overall. i agree about the threat of muslum extremist, however they are a convenant cover for what corporate goverment is doing in iraq and afganistan. so maybe you should do your own research instead of buying hook line and sinker into what is spewed at you during your brainwashing lessions on tv and all other corporate venues. good luck to you but i doubt you'll open your mind to any other possibilities.
It's not brainwashing it is what it is. What books are you talking about? Corporate America is just as ignorant about the threat of Islamic extremism in the US as are you it seems. It's not just external either. There is a real threat internal as well. I'm sure you don't know how what percentage of mosque in the US are funded by Saudi Arabia? Do you know the history of Wahabi Islam? Do you know how they feel about us? Even if they don't openly support violence they do support Shareeha Law ruling the world.

Not to be rude, but what era did you serve in if you say you are a veteran? You look a little old to have fought the Global War on Terror. I had the priviledge of jumping into Afghanistan in October of 2001 and I'm still under 30. Your views are probably a bit misguided and misinformed if you believe it's about empire or just oil. Though the latter I say take away from this country for one day and let me know how that works out. I do agree with the tree huggers to the extent that an alternative fuel would drastically reduce the funding of Islamic extremist groups. Until then everytime we pull up at the pump we fund the bad guys.

I'll leave you with this. It has a bunch of jarhead crap at the beginning that's offensive to my ears but I love the last line.

YouTube - Generation Kill Speech

Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 AM

vietnam era vet myself. and i agree about the extremist as i said becasue i've studied them so ya it's realy but is diffently not to the extent to justify the billions of dollars spent monthly and the lives of so many people who have died in the middle east. the extremist don't have the means to take down western society. and ya i know they are operating within the us and pose a threat. but it's overblown to use that threat to justify the war in afganistan and iraq. that's just miliary propaganda that you were subjected to as a vet and fighting for your country. the wars are about sustaining the military industrial complex that feeds the coffers of the multi nationalist corporations that own our politicans. if we were to seriously address the islamist extremist in this country then why don't we have a stronger illegal immigration policy and why aren't our borders secure??? why aren't noncitizens extracted from this country. our resources are spent to fight these wars without even spending a fragment of that's money spent on those wars to secure our borders and expell the illegals in this country. actually very little is being done to deal with the extremist islamist within this country and to stop all the dollars that are sent to them in the middle east. this is becasue the governement sees this as a minor issue and spends money on the war becasue that fits into their agenda: feeding the arms industry and using our young people as cannon fodder for their imperialism.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 AM

spokanejobseeker
thanks for the dialogue. nice to chat about real stuff instead of the weather. i appreciate your position. we'll probably get booted for talking off subject when the moderator see these post, but enjoy it while it last.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
spokanejobseeker
thanks for the dialogue. nice to chat about real stuff instead of the weather. i appreciate your position. we'll probably get booted for talking off subject when the moderator see these post, but enjoy it while it last.
And a moderator that's also probably not a vet at that. As far as immigration goes I'd like to go ahead and give the governor of Arizona big kudos for actually enforcing a state law to enforce federal law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area