U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM

12 posts, read 37,908 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to move to the Pacific Northwest region of the country but I cannot decide between Portland, Spokane and Coeur d'Alene. I am a Chiropractic Physician wanting to open up a family based wellness clinic and have a young family so safe neighborhoods, good schools and outdoor activities for young children are important to me. As a family we like to camp, mountain bike, swim, boat, ski, and do other similar activities. Any information/advice regarding the attitude toward Chiropractic or the area would be great! Thanks in advance for your help!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 PM

7,698 posts, read 14,063,301 times
Just for the fact of no income tax, I'd choose Spokane. All those activities can be done with all three.

Spokane is WA's 2nd biggest city and is only ~20 miles from CdA.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 PM

1,002 posts, read 4,519,206 times
Chiropractors seem to be very well received here...there are a lot of them, though. You might want to map out where they're located and see what areas are more lacking in practioners to figure out where it would be best to set up a practice. Do you have a directory of chiropractors or website you can view where others are practicing?

Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
26,412 posts, read 44,206,063 times
You can get all the data from your library (probably on-line). Reference America and RMA gives you quite specific regional data. The local SBDC can run you a report that very accurately can tell you the customer spending habits per sector.

Portland has Welcome to the Frontpage - Western States Chiropractic College so... lots of folks stay in the area. There is a huge Chiro business presence in the tiny town of Camas, WA (just across the river from WSChiro, and Camas has good public schools).

Thus.... I would get a lot of data about how profitable you will be in either WA or ID, then maybe locate to Liberty Lake if WA is best, and Post Falls if ID is best. Your SBDC, SCORE, and State DOR and DOL will be critical for info gathering. Spokane Valley attracts plenty of Medical for the eastern side. Do check out the nice little town of Rockford, WA Rockford, WA - Home as a place to land w/ family. I would also consider Moscow or Sandpoint, ID.

OR 9% income tax is a barrier, or Hood River might be a good choice. In general OR has very poor school funding. Having research both areas (SW WA and Spokane / CDL) I made the choice to SWWA ONLY due to job was better. Personally, I would have been much happier in Spokane (prairie kid at heart).

Whatever you do, check specifically with county assessor BEFORE buying property (rates vary 400% within .25 miles of my WA home (Different counties, different assessors, different funding, different spending). Also check specific school performance and community support. I personally have found Ag centric towns to be far more supportive of schools than Timber centric, and you will have your choice of each type area.
//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...ane-coeur.html

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM

12 posts, read 37,908 times
Thanks for the input. Seems that we're going to put things on hold for now, stick it out in Houston for now. In terms of a high concentration of Chiropractors as mentioned in Portland, and Spokane areas...we have two Chiropractic colleges in Texas...could it possibly be more concentrated than here?? Definitely a factor to be considered, but I believe that a good doctor, of any type, is a welcome addition in every market! so, that alone, does not scare me off initially....

Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 AM

23 posts, read 31,618 times
Question Idaho is Bëütful

I almost moved to a beautiful house in Idaho, near Idaho Falls I think it was. Really close driving distance to the hoppin, multi-culturally inclined town of Spokane. Which is great if your from a hub-bustling city like Seattle which is where I am from. And although there are a a plethera of bums, homeless skudzos, trykes, dizzies and after-midnight _ burners, lurking and leering whilst doppin cobbies, pretenting there spiderwebs. They should grow Olives there like they started doing past couple years and make good EVOO!! That's "Olive Oil" if your hip to the scene.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 AM

23 posts, read 31,618 times
Oh did I forget to mention Montana. Yah I have been through only for a short stay while my ex and I looked at at beautiful ranch house at the base of the mountains off the main heading right towards the pass. Oh I couldn't tell you the name of the town or the hwy (main) or even the range the completely surrounded this wide open plane on boths sides (maybe the very beginin's of the Rocky Mountain Range), but I can perfectly account for every detail in my mind and emotion I was feeling while I just took it all in (cleanest air I ever breathed). There reason I probably forgot to mention this is because I heard through (credible and verifyable) channels that Montana has the fastest and highest growing meth problem right now. I would wager to guess it will only get worse until there is no more oil, or everybody has died from overdose.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:07 AM

231 posts, read 513,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinhighrN13 View Post
I almost moved to a beautiful house in Idaho, near Idaho Falls I think it was. Really close driving distance to the hoppin, multi-culturally inclined town of Spokane. Which is great if your from a hub-bustling city like Seattle which is where I am from. And although there are a a plethera of bums, homeless skudzos, trykes, dizzies and after-midnight _ burners, lurking and leering whilst doppin cobbies, pretenting there spiderwebs. They should grow Olives there like they started doing past couple years and make good EVOO!! That's "Olive Oil" if your hip to the scene.
You probably intended to say Post Falls. Idaho Falls is in Southern Idaho and an 8 hour drive from Spokane. Carry on with your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area