Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,562 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Spokane due to work and will be renting for a little while until I know if Spokane will be my next permanent residence.

I am currently living in Portland and I am used to a newer/modern style, upscale apartment living. I was originally going to be relocated to Seattle and after seeing what it had to offer, I am not finding anything close in Spokane...

Are there any high-rise apartments in Spokane? I need something that offers amenities. The apartments are reminding me of what I rented from in college .

Nearby cities with more to offer?

P.S. Whats the night/social life like? I am a single, early 20's female, pretty used to the city life....

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
I can't think of anything like what you are describing. There has to be something downtown, but Spokane is more of a working-class town -- not so much into the upscale stuff.

People in Spokane are cool, but I don't think you'll replicate the crowd you'll find in Portland. Spokies seem to care a little more about who you are, not so much about what you are. There are lots of young/single people spread around downtown most nights (the bars are spread out).

Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
There are some nice loft style condos downtown but it might be hard to find one for rent...if you stick with some of the newer apartment complexes you should be satisfied. Check out the Greenstone Corp. website Greenstone and look for their apartment complexes. Spokane tends to be more spread out than up!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,191 times
I looked at the Greenstone link, on their homes page it has links to lost of apartments, thanks it was helpful to me too!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:02 PM

10 posts, read 109,510 times
mod cut:

You will have to temper your expectations. You will find what you like in Spokane but just not as much or as broad of a spectrum as you find in Portland or Seattle. My wife and I move here from the Green Lake area in Seattle last September and we really like it here. Give it a chance.

Let us know if you need some food referrals to make you feel at home too.
Ginger Bistro; Gordy's Cafe; Wild Sage; Steelhead (Sunday's); and The Elk Public House (Veritable Quandry on a smaller scale) Let us know if you need help getting to Spokane as well.

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-24-2010 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: 10-post rule ...feel free to use a Direct Message, though. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area