U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM

3,455 posts, read 7,588,457 times

Advertisements

any recommendations? I'm going into this blind...can't visit, have to set this up remotely.

Everything I like tends to be in Spokane Valley or further east, is this insane? I really don't want to spend an hour in the car every morning, mostly because, I rarely wake up on time.

help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 AM

968 posts, read 1,884,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
any recommendations? I'm going into this blind...can't visit, have to set this up remotely.

Everything I like tends to be in Spokane Valley or further east, is this insane? I really don't want to spend an hour in the car every morning, mostly because, I rarely wake up on time.

help!

Depends on what you are looking for. South Hill is always most desirable.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:56 AM

why? what is most desirable about south hill? It doesn't put me any closer to the base and I'm not famliliar with the area. Why does everyone like South Hill?

Do you know anything about Canyon Bluffs?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:29 AM

1,000 posts, read 4,508,649 times
There are a couple of apartment complexes in that Indian Canyon area -- that would be a good choice for location that's close to the base, but also close to downtown. Can you get anything on base if you're going to be working there?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 AM

no, can't and wouldn't want to live on base I am looking at a place called Indian Canyon, kind of across from Canyon Bluffs Apartments. This is harder to do remotley than I thought. I've done it before, for other locations, perhaps I'm just older and picker.

Does anyone feel a gated complex is neccessary?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:58 AM

13,623 posts, read 26,000,917 times
Quote:
why? what is most desirable about south hill? It doesn't put me any closer to the base and I'm not famliliar with the area. Why does everyone like South Hill?

Do you know anything about Canyon Bluffs?
South Hill is generally looked at as the "better half" of Spokane. It is primarily middle-class and above, established, has tall trees, and is beautiful. It's much closer to the base than Spokane Valley.

Canyon Bluffs is in a very beautiful area, I actually didn't live far from there.

Again, I'm going to specifically recommend zip code 99224. You shouldn't have any reservations about the area. As for specific apartment complexes, I can't help you there (I rented a house).

But, if Spokane Valley appeals to you that much, by all means. When you start talking about Idaho, that's when the commute gets a little too insane for working at Fairchild (IMO). I commuted from Post Falls to east Spokane and/or GEG Airport (just east of Fairchild) for about a month and was ready to pull my hair out, so to Sunset Hill (part of 99224) I went.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:59 AM

13,623 posts, read 26,000,917 times
Quote:
Does anyone feel a gated complex is neccessary?
Only if you want to keep the deer out.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
South Hill is generally looked at as the "better half" of Spokane. It is primarily middle-class and above, established, has tall trees, and is beautiful. It's much closer to the base than Spokane Valley.

Canyon Bluffs is in a very beautiful area, I actually didn't live far from there.

Again, I'm going to specifically recommend zip code 99224. You shouldn't have any reservations about the area. As for specific apartment complexes, I can't help you there (I rented a house).

But, if Spokane Valley appeals to you that much, by all means. When you start talking about Idaho, that's when the commute gets a little too insane for working at Fairchild (IMO). I commuted from Post Falls to east Spokane and/or GEG Airport (just east of Fairchild) for about a month and was ready to pull my hair out, so to Sunset Hill (part of 99224) I went.
thank you, this is getting so hard! Funny, when I did 'driving directions' from a complex in south hill to fairchild, it was almost 20 miles! That is the same distance as the place right on the interestate that I'm looking at in Spokane Valley. I think becaus the South Hill is far enough "south" it's not right on the interestate the mileage stacks up. At least the place I looked at.

The spokane valley appeals to me only because of the apartments I've found, and the proximity of those specific apartments to the Centennial trail, which I am excited about but must reminds myself that...I probably won't be using it in the winter which is rapidly approaching. Remember, I've NEVER been there! the only thing that can appeal to me is photos, distance, and other things I'm guessing at!

Are there bike trails around the south hill at all?

Thanks I need to figure this out this weekend so I can pack next weekend!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Canyon Bluffs Apartment Homes - Spokane, Washington 509-455-4454

Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 AM

1,000 posts, read 4,508,649 times
I think the nicest part of the Centennial Trail is along the western side of Spokane anyway...stick with the Canyon Bluff apartments or others in that area. Did you look at Indian Canyon apartments? Just saw a few pics of those and they look pretty nice, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area