U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM

3,011 posts, read 8,576,604 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Spokane towards the end of June (June 20th to June 27th) and I am wondering what the weather is usually like in late June? Last year I've stayed in Spokane in late May and it was cold and rainy, the warmest day was the day I first arrived in Spokane (60 degrees)

I am from Walla Walla and the temps in Spokane and Walla Walla/Tri-Cities seem to be a lot different
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 AM

13,623 posts, read 25,997,246 times
Probably warm. Maybe like 80's.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Probably warm. Maybe like 80's.
That is perfect weather for me, as long as if it's 70-95 degrees I'll be perfectly happy, does it rain a lot in Spokane during the early summer season?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM

13,623 posts, read 25,997,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
That is perfect weather for me, as long as if it's 70-95 degrees I'll be perfectly happy, does it rain a lot in Spokane during the early summer season?
It didn't when I was there.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 AM

6 posts, read 19,444 times
Ask the locals about "the 4th of july rule". LOL, they always told me that you could bet on it being in the 50s and raining on the 4th of july, then be 90 with no rain for 2 months. I found that to be true.

Of course I was there last year, we had a very strange winter/spring. We had very little snow (most I remember getting was 2 inches, which melted by noon). Spring ran through the first week of July, never got above the mid 50's in June. But by the time the 2nd week of July hit, it was like a desert!

By the time I left Spokane (early September) it was already back down to the 50's. But when I got to the southern midwest it was still in the mid 70's untill mid-october.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backtothemiddle View Post
Ask the locals about "the 4th of july rule". LOL, they always told me that you could bet on it being in the 50s and raining on the 4th of july, then be 90 with no rain for 2 months. I found that to be true.

Of course I was there last year, we had a very strange winter/spring. We had very little snow (most I remember getting was 2 inches, which melted by noon). Spring ran through the first week of July, never got above the mid 50's in June. But by the time the 2nd week of July hit, it was like a desert!

By the time I left Spokane (early September) it was already back down to the 50's. But when I got to the southern midwest it was still in the mid 70's untill mid-october.
I also remember us not getting a lot of warm weather in Walla Walla last year during Spring and we didn't start seeing temps well above 80 degrees until the second week of July, it was definitely one of the chilliest Springs/Summers I've had ever lived through and I sure hope this year won't be similar to what it was last year, last summer was a very mild summer for us compared to the previous summers.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:

I remember when I went to Spokane for the weekend in late June the nights were a tad chilly but the days got up to the mid/upper 70s.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 AM

33 posts, read 121,207 times
I moved to Spokane a year ago. Summer was a long time coming (even the locals said so), but when it did it was worth the wait.....reminded me of living in Australia. I've been told about the 4th of July thing too, we had the same thing in Seattle.....90% chance of rain on the 4th, even if the week leading up to, & the one after, were beautiful! Even with the snowier winters I'm much prefering the weather in Spokane to that of Seattle, it may get cold but at least the sun makes an appearance once in a while.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM

108 posts, read 330,501 times
Quote:

Are you talking about Spokane WA? Because the Spokane I was in got into the 70's most of the month of June.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:09 PM

649 posts, read 1,570,635 times
Quote:

what we had a beautiful warm indian summer right up untill it snowed the middle of november......so as was pointed out by the previous post regarding june weather...this above poster must have lived in a very removed, isolated, section of spokane that had it's own weather system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or