U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 PM

18,476 posts, read 18,565,069 times

Advertisements

If you know of an extended stay motel/lodging in the Spokane area,
could you please chime in. I am looking for one in an area anywhere reasonably close to DT Spokane that has a cheap monthly rate and is fairly safe without too many vagrants and crackheads hanging about.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:34 PM

13,638 posts, read 26,052,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If you know of an extended stay motel/lodging in the Spokane area,
could you please chime in. I am looking for one in an area anywhere reasonably close to DT Spokane that has a cheap monthly rate and is fairly safe without too many vagrants and crackheads hanging about.

Thanks in advance.
When I set up shop in Spokane, I stayed at the Boulevard Motel at 2905 W. Sunset Blvd (Sunset Blvd/Government Way).

It's owned and run by a nice family, the rooms are very clean and homey (some even have kitchenettes), and there's digital cable in every room.

I stayed there off/on in June 2009, the nightly rate was ~ $40, and the weekly rate they were going to charge me was ~$150-$175 (I never took it up, I was traveling a lot, and was never certain if I was going to be in Spokane on any given night).

Most of the time I was there, it was mostly empty, in fact, I don't remember meeting any neighbors. It's in a quiet neighborhood on Sunset Hill, in fact, I liked the area so much that I rented a house a few hundred feet away from the motel. Downtown is literally around a bend. There are train tracks nearby, so if the hum of a train bothers you, you might want to look elsewhere (you do get used to it), but the majority of the centrally located Spokane area is by them too.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
When I set up shop in Spokane, I stayed at the Boulevard Motel at 2905 W. Sunset Blvd (Sunset Blvd/Government Way).

It's owned and run by a nice family, the rooms are very clean and homey (some even have kitchenettes), and there's digital cable in every room.

I stayed there off/on in June 2009, the nightly rate was ~ $40, and the weekly rate they were going to charge me was ~$150-$175 (I never took it up, I was traveling a lot, and was never certain if I was going to be in Spokane on any given night).

Most of the time I was there, it was mostly empty, in fact, I don't remember meeting any neighbors. It's in a quiet neighborhood on Sunset Hill, in fact, I liked the area so much that I rented a house a few hundred feet away from the motel. Downtown is literally around a bend. There are train tracks nearby, so if the hum of a train bothers you, you might want to look elsewhere (you do get used to it), but the majority of the centrally located Spokane area is by them too.
Thanks a lot for the information, will check it out on the net. Yeah, trains....that is nice to know, I will keep that in mind.....sounds a little spendy for Spokompton though.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM

20,098 posts, read 22,008,214 times
Quote:

That is a surprisingly nice area. Don't forget the Swamp Tavern across the bridge. Nice place, outside beer garden in the summertime, local microbrews, friendly crowd.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That is a surprisingly nice area.
Yep, I loved it. It's where I want to return to live out my days.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That is a surprisingly nice area. Don't forget the Swamp Tavern across the bridge. Nice place, outside beer garden in the summertime, local microbrews, friendly crowd.
Any idea about what places like this charge month to month. Not asking for an exact quote, just in general.....little studio in Spokane??????

Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Any idea about what places like this charge month to month. Not asking for an exact quote, just in general.....little studio in Spokane??????
You'll see little ads for efficiencies in the Spokesman-Review, for as low as $350ish.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM

20,098 posts, read 22,008,214 times
Quote:
Geez, I'm not sure. They'd probably let you sleep on the pool table for a nominal fee.

(I know, I know, you didn't mean The Swamp, but your post left you open to that response -- and David's got you covered, reality-wise, so no harm)

Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
You'll see little ads for efficiencies in the Spokesman-Review, for as low as $350ish.
Thanks a lot, think I will give the online version a look.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 AM

30 posts, read 83,768 times
Default The Swamp - Yep

Quote:
Saw mention of the Swamp and couldn't help but comment. What a cool little place that has really been revamped in the last few years, I stopped in there for a brew on my way home last night. Also a very good Jazz music every Tuesday night. You Spokies should check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or