Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:39 PM

108 posts, read 361,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckleytrain View Post
Tickul...no that's not the main gripe...the main gripe is it's a dump.
Quote:
skinem...Europe at least has culture and is pretty. it's not about race its more that it's stuck in a time vault.
Quote:
Caraway Dj....your post made no sense just thought I'd mention that.

You know what? It really, really sucks here. I suggest that you definitely stay away.

Yeah, don't come here.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:07 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
Quote:
I was considering moving to Spokane for a job offer I have but after visiting the place it looks like it's stuck in 1973. It looks pretty dumpy with alot of white trash and almost no diversity. How the heck do people live in this place, it's like I went back in time to a small all white town...it has a small town feel without the charm. I have never seen a place with so many white people and I am white but I'm used to seeing every kind of race. Now this place that time forgot must have some good aspects to it...I didn't see any but you who are from the planet Spokane point out the good and the bad?
Where are you living right now? Spokane probably is not the place for you. How long did you stay in Spokane? Where did you go? Did you visit your workplace (potential workplace)?

This is not the place for a SWPL person. You'd be better served in Seattle. Lots of the right colored people for you to worry about. It's bigger so you will find more to do. Better places to eat, more places to party, professional sports teams (oops, that's entertainment for the wrong kind of white people, sorry) lots of opera and coffee houses with diverse people telling there stories.

Sounds like you made up your mind anyway. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2011, 03:44 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Liberals must take an oath that requires them to mention diversity in every post. I mean it's hilarious. Search the forums. If an area is diverse that's fine. If an area isn't that's fine. What matters is how the people are. The flaming lefties just kill me though. What do they do, go around counting races and gay people? "No Mr. Real Estate Agent, I can't live here. I only counted 2 Mexicans and 1 black person today. And why isn't there a gay neighborhood in this town? No, I'm not gay and most all of my friends are white, but just knowing there are people of other races around me gives me goosebumps. I can also brag to my fellow progressive friends that my neighborhood is more diverse than their neighborhood."

There aren't enough minorities to see significant numbers in every city in the US. It has nothing to do with the friendliness of the area towards minorities or being left behind. Geez.

Yes, that is the lefties mantra......Multi-Culti good.........Whitey bad. Well, Japan does not have much DIVERSITY, but they are doing pretty good......their country is very clean and safe.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Tickul...no that's not the main gripe...the main gripe is it's a dump.

It's a dump.....you mean the whole city????? Sure it is an older, post industrial town.......what do you expect..........for it to look like NYC????

Maybe you would be better off in Detroitistan or Killadelphia?????

Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 AM

294 posts, read 743,708 times
Quote:
after visiting the place it looks like it's stuck in 1973.
Spokane is sounding better to me already! It just moved up a notch on my "relocate to" list...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:06 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
Spokane is sounding better to me already! It just moved up a notch on my "relocate to" list...
Yeah, to me that's a positive too, and I wasn't even alive then!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:09 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
I was there in 1973. Then it was stuck in 1963.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

..and it'd have to go a long way downhill to look like NYC...

Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It's a dump.....you mean the whole city????? Sure it is an older, post industrial town.......what do you expect..........for it to look like NYC????

Maybe you would be better off in Detroitistan or Killadelphia?????
Please. Use the correct terminology. It's "Filthydelphia." I know. I went to college there!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Please. Use the correct terminology. It's "Filthydelphia." I know. I went to college there!
Haha, nice, we can go on and on........Murderderdelphia. Liberals are great at ruining cities.....at least that is my opinion.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Liberals are great at ruining cities.....at least that is my opinion.
You might want to live in a Spokane suburb then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area