U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
18,693 posts, read 18,963,777 times
Reputation: 15664

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
You might want to live in a Spokane suburb then....

Spokane is run by mainly liberals???????? HUM?????
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Nebuchadnezzar
968 posts, read 1,895,410 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, nice, we can go on and on........Murderderdelphia. Liberals are great at ruining cities.....at least that is my opinion.
You're right, that explains why everyone is fleeing Seattle.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 AM
 
Location: Near Manito
20,136 posts, read 22,162,976 times
Reputation: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, nice, we can go on and on........Murderderdelphia. Liberals are great at ruining cities.....at least that is my opinion.
It's funny, though. Philly is still a great city in many ways, but you have to overlook a lot. For someone from the West, or Spokane, it would probably horrify you.

On the other hand, I've had eastern friends visit me in Spokane (and Seattle, when I was there), and wonder where the people were, and why the few they saw were moving so slowly, and had so little interest or curiosity in their surroundings.

About the liberal thing, I understand what you are saying, but places like Philly (and Seattle) have been Democrat-controlled for so long that one would be hard put to recall a time when they weren't "liberal." And keep in mind that there are good reasons why the GOP lost its competitiveness there.

Personally, I'm not so convinced that either political side is the black hats, and which is the white hats. I'm just worried about the way that so many places in America have become one-party, one-politics towns. This phenomenon is starting to seriously divide our country and making it next to impossible to even talk to each other any more.

My two cents. Sorry to ramble on.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,699 posts, read 26,332,698 times
Reputation: 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Spokane is run by mainly liberals???????? HUM?????
City proper tends to vote D.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Spokane, WA
1,990 posts, read 2,288,945 times
Reputation: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

On the other hand, I've had eastern friends visit me in Spokane (and Seattle, when I was there), and wonder where the people were, and why the few they saw were moving so slowly, and had so little interest or curiosity in their surroundings.

.
When I visited Philly I was amazed at the architecture, the buildings, the history of our country was literally right there in front of me. I could not stop gawking at the amazing things I saw.

Nearby me, normal Philadelphians went about their day, hardly noticing the treasures before them. They all hustled about on their way to and from work with nary a peep at the amazing things surrounding them.

Or, perhaps people who live in a city are already accustomed to their surroundings? Maybe? Redneck indifference to our surroundings would explain why the local ski ares are so crowded all winter. Why the local campsites are sold out on long weekends months in advance. Bumpkin rednecks are not very aware of their surroundings. Ever been to opening day fishing or hunting in the Great Northwest? Oh sorry those are activities for the wrong kinds of white people. Well, for your information both events are very much crowded and enjoyed by all. Hardly the slow retards barely able to notice their surroundings.

I've not met too many people who want to go faster through life. Other than confused people in their 20's.

So your friends wanted more people? To each his own I guess.

You're a good person Yeledaf, I think you actually like Spokane People are different everywhere you go. I'm just wondering why all manner of differences are celebrated by many...Gay Pride Parades, Ethnics Events, Cultural Events, but when it comes times for me to enjoy things with my family you and most liberal people look down your noses at us?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
20,136 posts, read 22,162,976 times
Reputation: 15219
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
When I visited Philly I was amazed at the architecture, the buildings, the history of our country was literally right there in front of me. I could not stop gawking at the amazing things I saw.

Nearby me, normal Philadelphians went about their day, hardly noticing the treasures before them. They all hustled about on their way to and from work with nary a peep at the amazing things surrounding them.

Or, perhaps people who live in a city are already accustomed to their surroundings? Maybe? Redneck indifference to our surroundings would explain why the local ski ares are so crowded all winter. Why the local campsites are sold out on long weekends months in advance. Bumpkin rednecks are not very aware of their surroundings. Ever been to opening day fishing or hunting in the Great Northwest? Oh sorry those are activities for the wrong kinds of white people. Well, for your information both events are very much crowded and enjoyed by all. Hardly the slow retards barely able to notice their surroundings.

I've not met too many people who want to go faster through life. Other than confused people in their 20's.

So your friends wanted more people? To each his own I guess.

You're a good person Yeledaf, I think you actually like Spokane People are different everywhere you go. I'm just wondering why all manner of differences are celebrated by many...Gay Pride Parades, Ethnics Events, Cultural Events, but when it comes times for me to enjoy things with my family you and most liberal people look down your noses at us?
You misread my post. Far from a criticism of Spokane of its people (or Philadelphians), it was meant to illustrate the many ways we Americans have come to look past each other and our surroundings. Kind of a big picture commentary, if you will...

May I gently remind you that using the terms "rednecks" and "bumpkins" contribute more heat than light to the discussion, as well? As for looking down my nose at peoples' families and their activities....you must be thinking of someone else. I would wager that I was camping at Mosquito Bay on Priest Lake, and splitting winter firewood in the Devil's Armchair out between Otis Orchards and Stateline, before you were born.

And, hey. Me, a Liberal? LOL. Read a few of my posts in Politics. According to the lefties over there, I'm evil incarnate!

Last edited by Yeledaf; 07-19-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
18,693 posts, read 18,963,777 times
Reputation: 15664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
You're right, that explains why everyone is fleeing Seattle.
Notice that I did not say they are ruining "all" the cities they are in charge of. I lived in Seattle for over 30 years.....a little too liberal for me, but run 10 times better than my current home...... Scum Diego. But that weather in Seattle, just could not take the rain and gloom anymore.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
18,693 posts, read 18,963,777 times
Reputation: 15664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's funny, though. Philly is still a great city in many ways, but you have to overlook a lot. For someone from the West, or Spokane, it would probably horrify you.

On the other hand, I've had eastern friends visit me in Spokane (and Seattle, when I was there), and wonder where the people were, and why the few they saw were moving so slowly, and had so little interest or curiosity in their surroundings.

About the liberal thing, I understand what you are saying, but places like Philly (and Seattle) have been Democrat-controlled for so long that one would be hard put to recall a time when they weren't "liberal." And keep in mind that there are good reasons why the GOP lost its competitiveness there.

Personally, I'm not so convinced that either political side is the black hats, and which is the white hats. I'm just worried about the way that so many places in America have become one-party, one-politics towns. This phenomenon is starting to seriously divide our country and making it next to impossible to even talk to each other any more.

My two cents. Sorry to ramble on.
Well, I lived in NYC when Dinkins was mayor, I am aware of the filth of the east coast.

And you know that people visiting are going to have some sort of reaction to the different place they are visiting. It would not suprise me in the least if some, expecially from the east coast made a big deal about those differences. No way in hell I would live in a city like Detroitistan or Filthadelphia.

Myself personally, I HATE both parties, they are insane and crooked to the core. I see this country going one way, down, quality of life will just pitter away. The creeps in charge can do whatever they want........I do not care. If I could find a decent, non-insane country to immigrate to.....well, I would no longer live in the USA.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
18,693 posts, read 18,963,777 times
Reputation: 15664
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
City proper tends to vote D.
And wah-lah.....that explains the hordes of bums near the downtown area.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Spokane, WA
1,990 posts, read 2,288,945 times
Reputation: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You misread my post. Far from a criticism of Spokane of its people (or Philadelphians), it was meant to illustrate the many ways we Americans have come to look past each other and our surroundings. Kind of a big picture commentary, if you will...

May I gently remind you that using the terms "rednecks" and "bumpkins" contribute more heat than light to the discussion, as well? As for looking down my nose at peoples' families and their activities....you must be thinking of someone else. I would wager that I was camping at Mosquito Bay on Priest Lake, and splitting winter firewood in the Devil's Armchair out between Otis Orchards and Stateline, before you were born.

And, hey. Me, a Liberal? LOL. Read a few of my posts in Politics. According to the lefties over there, I'm evil incarnate!
Perhaps I read too much into your post, I apologize. I thought I would counter your illustrative example, which was poor BTW with my own.

I use rednecks and bumpkins because, as you know, a lot of people come on here and bad mouth Spokanites as a bunch of redneck racist white neo-cons. Coming from the party of inclusion I find that attitude remarkable.

I was born in Spokane in 1971. You may very well have been cutting firewood out in Otis Orchards before I was born.

That just makes you really old....
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top