Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM

49 posts, read 65,202 times

Advertisements

How many days sunshine does Spokane get in a typical year? I did read on Sperling's "Best Places to Live" 171 days versus Everett 160 days. I do not believe the number for Everett, I believe it is much less, so I am doubting the number for Spokane. Can anyone answer me? Greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM

22,565 posts, read 24,357,783 times
I have been in Spokane for about 6 months, so YMMV. But I lived in Seattle for over 30 years and I can tell you Spokane, from what I have observed, seems to have a LOT more sunny days than Seattle.

One of the things I HATED about Seattle was the day after day after day of grey/overcast/drizzly weather....made me want to jump off a building.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Ticky:

"One of the things I HATED about Seattle was the day after day after day of grey/overcast/drizzly weather....made me want to jump off a building".

Tell me about it!!! Over the last 6 months I can count the days with sunshine in Seattle on one hand!!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:05 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,536,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaKraut View Post
Ticky:

"One of the things I HATED about Seattle was the day after day after day of grey/overcast/drizzly weather....made me want to jump off a building".

Tell me about it!!! Over the last 6 months I can count the days with sunshine in Seattle on one hand!!
You are either blind or work the night shift. Seattle has experienced a very mild winter as far as gloom is concerned. There have been NUMEROUS days with sunshine each and every month over the past 6 months. I'm not sure you wouldn't have to pull your other hand out of your pocket just to count the days with sun in April....and it's only the 8th. Might be valid in other years, but this Winter Seattle has seen no more gloom than 50% of the US.

Sometimes I wonder if the Internet connects to people living in other dimensions without us knowing How else can people have such drastically different perceptions about the same thing.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 PM

22,565 posts, read 24,357,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
You are either blind or work the night shift. Seattle has experienced a very mild winter as far as gloom is concerned. There have been NUMEROUS days with sunshine each and every month over the past 6 months. I'm not sure you wouldn't have to pull your other hand out of your pocket just to count the days with sun in April....and it's only the 8th. Might be valid in other years, but this Winter Seattle has seen no more gloom than 50% of the US.

Sometimes I wonder if the Internet connects to people living in other dimensions without us knowing How else can people have such drastically different perceptions about the same thing.

I do not live in Seattle, my remarks were meant to reflect historic trends in weather in that area.

I grew up Seattle and lived in that area for over 30 years.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,536,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I do not live in Seattle, my remarks were meant to reflect historic trends in weather in that area.

I grew up Seattle and lived in that area for over 30 years.
Wasn't questioning you. I interpreted your post as meaning exactly that. Just pointing out to the other person that there was a "bit" of exaggeration in his post. Or perhaps he has really slow Internet, posted it last year and it just now appeared

Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Back to the OP: how many days of sunshine does Spokane get in an average year?

Not enough. Not nearly enough.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:57 AM

968 posts, read 2,055,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaKraut View Post
How many days sunshine does Spokane get in a typical year? I did read on Sperling's "Best Places to Live" 171 days versus Everett 160 days. I do not believe the number for Everett, I believe it is much less, so I am doubting the number for Spokane. Can anyone answer me? Greatly appreciated!!

Seattle area will have many less days of sunshine compared to Spokane. But Spokane has the honor of having snowed just three days ago, almost a White Easter.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,228,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
Seattle area will have many less days of sunshine compared to Spokane. But Spokane has the honor of having snowed just three days ago, almost a White Easter.
Nothing new there. I've seen it snow on the Fourth of July.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post

No, I do not work the nightshift and am not blind, so please spare me your sarcasm. I live 20 miles North of Seattle and the number of overcast days we had in the last 6 months appeared to be higher than in previous years. Not only my opinion, but of my colleagues and customers as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area