Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM

23 posts, read 49,426 times

Advertisements

I have never lived where it snows, sounds cold. Do car engines freeze?
I have never driven in the snow, or put chains on tires.
I see that Spokane has low housing prices, but with utilities, it is probably the same price as here. Are food prices high? Is everything trucked in from far away? I hate cooking, are there a lot of fast food places there? I don't hike or camp, I smoke and drink, watch TV, and play computer games. When I'm not working I like to sleep and play string or laser light with my cats. I like shooting, but not at animals. The SF Bay Area is getting like Los Angeles, where white people are an endangered species. I'm not racist or anything, but if you look at the demographics here, you might want to learn Spanish and Chinese.
So, I hope when I move to Spokane it's not a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Yeledaf, is that you?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Yeledaf, is that you?
Not even close IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOD BYE SF BAY View Post
I see that Spokane has low housing prices, but with utilities, it is probably the same price as here. Are food prices high? Is everything trucked in from far away? I hate cooking, are there a lot of fast food places there? I don't hike or camp, I smoke and drink, watch TV, and play computer games. When I'm not working I like to sleep and play string or laser light with my cats. I like shooting, but not at animals. The SF Bay Area is getting like Los Angeles, where white people are an endangered species. I'm not racist or anything, but if you look at the demographics here, you might want to learn Spanish and Chinese.
You'd only need to add the word "rig" to your lexicon, as well as the occasional longing of a's that you currently pronounce shortly.

Snow is only cold when you touch it. I doubt car engines freeze or need block heaters in Spokane.

Driving in snow is a learned skill, it takes time and space (and patience). You don't need chains, 4X4 or FWD w/snow tires will do the trick for most folks.

Spokane electricity is hella cheap. Soda is expensive, milk and meat can be too.

Everything everywhere is trucked in from far away. There is tons of fast food, make sure you eat at Zip's.

Lots of Spokies smoke, drink, watch TV, and play video games. You'll fit right in.

A neighbor and I would shoot BB guns in his backyard, at a target on a tree (while drinking of course). Driving golf balls off a cliff was also a memorable pastime.

Everywhere outside of Spokane might as well be Mars to the average Spokie. Keep in mind: this is not true in North Idaho. Everyone there is Californian too.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Default Oh my god, talk about horrible pay!!

Quote:
I will not be moving to Spokane Washington, every place wants me to take a huge pay cut!!! No Way. Good pay, no snow, here in Silicon Valley.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
I will not be moving to Spokane Washington, every place wants me to take a huge pay cut!!! No Way. Good pay, no snow, here in Silicon Valley.
Yeah, trading that $600k dollar house for the exact same one for $160k sure won't make up for the pay cut.

(suspect troll)

Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Yeah, trading that $600k dollar house for the exact same one for $160k sure won't make up for the pay cut.

(suspect troll)
I would wager you are correct. He wrote that he is not moving because of job offers less than 24 hours after writing he wanted to move. What are the odds....

Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Serious lack of talent in Spokane

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I would wager you are correct. He wrote that he is not moving because of job offers less than 24 hours after writing he wanted to move. What are the odds....
Why do CNC Machine shops in places Spokane put ad's in other cities papers-(online) because there are not a lot of shops there, let alone schools that teach CNC. They say "will pay for re-location" LOL, I will not take a $15.00 per hour cut in pay no matter where it is. Programmers here make between $25.00 per hour to $45.00 per hour. In Spokane they think $28.00 per hour is top notch.
I looked at housing prices, $300.00 less a month is not worth taking a $15.00 per hour pay cut. I do not own a house, I rent a apartment, so I'm going by apartment prices. I pay $925.00 for a 1 bdrm, so, isn't $625.00 a month average there?
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Spokane from Silicon Valley Ca. SNOW!!!-shooting.jpg  

Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Why do CNC Machine shops in places Spokane put ad's in other cities papers-(online) because there are not a lot of shops there, let alone schools that teach CNC. They say "will pay for re-location" LOL, I will not take a $15.00 per hour cut in pay no matter where it is. Programmers here make between $25.00 per hour to $45.00 per hour. In Spokane they think $28.00 per hour is top notch.
I looked at housing prices, $300.00 less a month is not worth taking a $15.00 per hour pay cut. I do not own a house, I rent a apartment, so I'm going by apartment prices. I pay $925.00 for a 1 bdrm, so, isn't $625.00 a month average there?
People only shoot like that in the movies.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Default Poor that explains it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
People only shoot like that in the movies.
CarawayDJ wrote in a previous post: "I grew up dirt dirt poor. I'm well aware of being cash strapped. I'm also very supportive of social programs. I just think that many social programs only keep people barely alive, and don't give them the strength to stand on their own two feet."

Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
CarawayDJ wrote in a previous post: "I grew up dirt dirt poor. I'm well aware of being cash strapped. I'm also very supportive of social programs. I just think that many social programs only keep people barely alive, and don't give them the strength to stand on their own two feet."
1. That's pretty arrogant to assume that one's financial status disqualifies one from an opinion. I will never forget where I came from. I'm no more intelligent today than I was when I was poor. I just had a longer road to travel down.

2. I own my own software company now. Yes, I grew up dirt dirt poor. No, I am anything but dirt poor today. I discovered a secret to success. It's called working your tail off for a long time.

None of that has anything to do with the topic at hand. You're a strange person. No, actually you are both arrogant and racist. GOOD BYE SF BAY wrote in a previous post: //www.city-data.com/forum/balti...l#post20839393
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area