Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,015,869 times

Advertisements

Rather than being passive agressive, why not just start cursing at each other?

Everything has been said. The mines pollute. Mother nature cleans it up (fish eating it). Money is king. Greedy companies don't care what we think. Don't eat the bad fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,522,147 times
What is it that you are looking for? There are River stewards who work year round to protect, educate, and in some cases litigate to keep the Spokane area eco friendly and the river clean. I've lived here for 30 years and it is getting better. The racist right-wingers in this city have been dragged kicking and screaming into taking care of the river.

What is currently happening is not enough for you? What more should be done? What is your proposal? Are there any solutions in store or are we just fixing blame here?

Old 11-20-2014, 03:21 PM

152 posts, read 259,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
What is it that you are looking for? There are River stewards who work year round to protect, educate, and in some cases litigate to keep the Spokane area eco friendly and the river clean. I've lived here for 30 years and it is getting better. The racist right-wingers in this city have been dragged kicking and screaming into taking care of the river.

What is currently happening is not enough for you? What more should be done? What is your proposal? Are there any solutions in store or are we just fixing blame here?

proposal:
shut down all toxic polluters
make them pay for cleanup
industry comes LAST...let them all go broke!
sue ID
sue WA
sue FED
enforce ZERO industry dumping
community organize protests

ok....that should keep you busy

Old 11-21-2014, 12:37 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,522,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMane View Post
proposal:
shut down all toxic polluters
make them pay for cleanup
industry comes LAST...let them all go broke!
sue ID
sue WA
sue FED
enforce ZERO industry dumping
community organize protests

ok....that should keep you busy
Well at least you've some realistic measures here that are likely to happen...or not.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:44 PM

85 posts, read 141,872 times
I would imagine that Bob is the type that is very distraught over the decision to let Mt Spokane ski area expand into a mythical old growth forest...

Old 11-26-2014, 12:23 PM

39,789 posts, read 26,271,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
#2 refers to Idaho's refusal to clean up Lake Coeur d'Alene mining wastes, which exemplifies Republican "values" on environmental quality. I'm concerned about the water in an area downstream from that mindset, but I guess I'll have to trust that water tests from the aquifer are legit. Apparently this is an issue locals don't give much thought to, but readership of these posts obviously varies.
Actually it refers to common sense rather than liberal stupidity. The heavy metals were ALWAYS in the land and water here to some extent. Guess what? That's why the mines are here! Mines actually are built where the metals are. Imagine that? The metals in the lake are bonded with the mud/lake bottom and are not in the water. When actual qualified people that understood science evaluated the situation they determined that things were safe as is, and that disturbing the lake bottom would just break those metals free and put them into the water, where they would flow downstream.

And so ends today's 3rd grade science class.

Old 01-31-2024, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 96 times
Default I know its an old post but I hope this information is found!

As a fellow water quality advocate and a member of the community here in the Inland Northwest it seems that more and more people are talking about water quality yet there is not much knowledge around the actual science of water quality and contaminants!

I want to share a source that has provided a wealth of information that goes into details the water contaminants that are found across the country that are either regulated or unregulated, and sources to case studies that support scientific evidence of the concentrations that have been found to cause issues.

Looks like they have started updating water quality reports for various water districts and it seems more and more are added by the week, so even if it doesn't have your water district it is still a great tool to learn some knowledge about water quality, contaminants, and begin the path of figuring out what changes need to be done to live a healthy and wealthy life.

I hope this is found by someone who is searching for knowledge, because knowledge is power and ignorance is.........

[url]https://whswater.com/[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area