Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM

84 posts, read 163,882 times

Advertisements

I posted twice In the last 3 days regarding issues I needed information on related to our possible move to Spokane. One was about snow skiing and the other had to do with convenient housing to Fairchild AFB. I got a very low # of views and no responses. I searched the site for references to skiing and to Fairchild AFB and found none. I also notice a recent post by tickyul about a possible move to Spokane that got almost 108,000 views and 292 responses. Other similar posts did get responses but not so many. Do people around Spokane dislike skiing and the AFB? Are there no skiers who get on this forum? Do I need to word the title a certain way? Help me please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,214,647 times
Maybe nobody had input? There is no magic. Dont read anything into the lack of response.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,458,154 times
Try rewording the post and put it on the Washington State forum. Very few people follow the Spokane forum regularly.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 AM

Default Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Maybe nobody had input? There is no magic. Dont read anything into the lack of response.
There has been magic on 2 other forums that I've participated in. DevanXL (the post after yours) might have put his finger on it.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 AM

Default Washington State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Try rewording the post and put it on the Washington State forum. Very few people follow the Spokane forum regularly.
Good advice and I repped you for it. BUT, it is hard to believe that I might get better feedback about a pretty isolated city in the east, from the west coast. It would also be hard to believe that people in Seattle, etc. would go all the way to the east end to ski. There must be some cultural thing I need to know about Spokane. Thanks.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,738,147 times
you could always try the Idaho board if it is allowed. Lots of people who live in Coeur d'Alene and Post Falls which are very close to Spokane. I live in northern Idaho but am in Spokane frequently (like today)and my daughter lives there. The main Idaho board gets responses very quickly.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:42 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,932,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookaspirit View Post
I also notice a recent post by tickyul about a possible move to Spokane that got almost 108,000 views and 292 responses.
I think those are stats for the entire thread, which was started in 2006.

(Sorry I can't help you with Spokane but I check this forum occasionally because I'd still like to at least visit this city.)

Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 7,955 times
I feel your pain. Try asking about schools. No one has an opinion about that! The school grades for this area are terrible. So I'm not surprised no one has an opinion on the schools here. I was very disappointed in the lack of responses too.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:16 AM

83 posts, read 134,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriceB View Post
I feel your pain. Try asking about schools. No one has an opinion about that! The school grades for this area are terrible. So I'm not surprised no one has an opinion on the schools here. I was very disappointed in the lack of responses too.

I am interested where you found that info on the schools for the area.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:58 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
I am not quite sure what kind of comments one might consider useful on something as generalized as public schools. So much depends on individual teachers, the student's parents, the atmosphere in the home, etc.

Expecting some sort of predictive expertise regarding school achievement on an internet forum is unrealistic.

Someone above mentioned that "school grades in this area are terrible". Aside from its unsourced nature, this remark presupposes that it should be the schools, rather than the parents and students, which should be subject to assessment. While satisfying to one's egalitarian impulses, this attitude bodes ill for student success on the secondary, tertiary, and professional levels.

Making unqualified criticisms of a school district is next to worthless in predicting an individual student's academic achievement, given what we know about the influence of parents, peers, and the background and expectations of one's family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area