Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 05:11 PM

72 posts, read 110,397 times

Advertisements

I would like to live in spokane first to find old america, next for the forrests and streams lakes I like to know how far I have to go to be in a park. Do folks buy hunting property. Also how much sunny days do you have. I might go to miami jan and feb for deep winter. And come back when it thaws. I'm 43 so I would be taking a pass on the night life. And looking more like outdoors, I def want a lifestyle in the second part of my life that is less modern, but more functional. Cheaper, english , anglo, and literate.

I want to buy a parcel to grow food on I might or might not live there. I have no interest in friends
Since I'm from nyc miami and have met enough poeple for 500 life times,,so if ppl sucked up there it wouldnt matter cause.....of the former.

What does howver is functionality.....rent....traffic.....pop....engli sh....litteracy.....space.....these are all premuims now in nyc miami.

I need functionality in second partof my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM

8 posts, read 18,197 times
Well, step one: in rural areas of Washington state, like the outskirts and beyond around Spokane, understand that BECAUSE we're rural, most people try to get along and help each other when need arises.
Land isn't really "cheap"; it has a lower price tag but takes a LOT of work. The land itself is "young", so can be thin soil and hard rock or clay- be prepared to work hard to grow food, and look for areas of "micro-climate' where you might have a slightly longer- a few weeks, etc- growing season than in the REAL mountain areas.
In the REALLY rural areas, people try to get along because "you never know who might have to pull you out of a ditch when the snows and ice come".. and most don't worry overmuch about if they are "english , anglo, and literate" but DO hope they have a shovel and a chainsaw in their truck or 4WD .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: