Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:14 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
I think people are capable of reaching their own conclusions where Spokane is concerned. The stats speak for themselves. I find you're repeated attempts at censoring anyone who doesn't paint a rosy picture of the place quite disconcerting.
ROFLMAO! I knew you would not be able to stand it, a full month goes by without any action on this thread and you JUST HAD to chime in and stir the pot again! You should seek professional help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
I think people are capable of reaching their own conclusions where Spokane is concerned. The stats speak for themselves. I find you're repeated attempts at censoring anyone who doesn't paint a rosy picture of the place quite disconcerting.
Really? Last night, nine minutes before you posted this, in the "Looking at Kettle Falls" thread - you accused me of taking another poster's comments out of context.

Can you please quote my post where I "censored" someone? Or, are you taking me out of context?

I remember giving my opinion, I remember saying that I didn't care what your opinion was, and I tried to stress to guest-users of the forum that the squeaky-wheel is not always correct. I don't believe any of that constitutes "censorship". Did I tell anyone to "shut-up"? Or did I demand that anyone to leave the forum?

Oh, and I accused you of being contradictory. Which, clearly, is a trend for you, based on the two posts you made last night.

If you need to feel like you've won this debate - then that's great, because I'm not going to bother responding to you anymore.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:12 AM

206 posts, read 333,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
If you need to feel like you've won this debate….
Curious choice of words. You want to reduce an otherwise relevant thread to irrelevant bickering, and because I air opinions which differ from your own you assign me straw-man status with derogatory terminology designed to discredit me as an individual. I am a "squeaky wheel" because I dare offer opinions that radically differ from yours.

If Spokane has received a negative portrayal here and elsewhere it's because she's earned it, and people who bully and harass those who acknowledge this fact do nothing to further her cause.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:00 PM

85 posts, read 142,420 times
Spokane has received a negative portrayal here, largely, from one very vocal individual. I can go post endlessly about any subject I want on a message board; it doesn't make the content valid, reliable, or "earned."

Old 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysurf83 View Post
Spokane has received a negative portrayal here, largely, from one very vocal individual. I can go post endlessly about any subject I want on a message board; it doesn't make the content valid, reliable, or "earned."

Well, I myself do not like it when somebody, usually somebody with an axe to grind, puts out a portrayal of a location that is so jaded and over-the top...that it give people a one-sided idea of what a place is like.

I go over to the Seattle thread and people, for the most part, make the place sound unrealistically GREAT.

I have put my 2 cents in on what Spokane is REALLY like. No, it ain't all terrible and gloomy.....nor it is like SOME are making it out to be, a totally wonderful, clean and safe city.

Face it, there are a LOT of bad things about spoKOMPTON. The amount of doped-out fools leads to quite a bit of property crime, robberies and sometimes an unsafe living environment.
LMFAO, the amount of zombies infecting the downtown area is pretty sad....fricken every bum in town is on a corner holding out some sort of sign....and people give them money, so they keep doing it.
Getting around the spoKOMPTON is great if you are going E/W......N/S is a whole different story. The roadways are terrible, many areas are patchjobs.....crummy asphalt stuck over more failed asphalt.

Weather is pretty nice, COL is not too bad, people are ok, there is a lot of place to shop.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:20 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, I myself do not like it when somebody, usually somebody with an axe to grind, puts out a portrayal of a location that is so jaded and over-the top...that it give people a one-sided idea of what a place is like.

I go over to the Seattle thread and people, for the most part, make the place sound unrealistically GREAT.

I have put my 2 cents in on what Spokane is REALLY like. No, it ain't all terrible and gloomy.....nor it is like SOME are making it out to be, a totally wonderful, clean and safe city.

Face it, there are a LOT of bad things about spoKOMPTON. The amount of doped-out fools leads to quite a bit of property crime, robberies and sometimes an unsafe living environment.
LMFAO, the amount of zombies infecting the downtown area is pretty sad....fricken every bum in town is on a corner holding out some sort of sign....and people give them money, so they keep doing it.
Getting around the spoKOMPTON is great if you are going E/W......N/S is a whole different story. The roadways are terrible, many areas are patchjobs.....crummy asphalt stuck over more failed asphalt.

Weather is pretty nice, COL is not too bad, people are ok, there is a lot of place to shop.
Agreed with one minor quibble. I've yet to see ANY poster on here mention that Spokane is "a totally wonderful, clean and safe city". Not one. Other than that, you're spot on.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Agreed with one minor quibble. I've yet to see ANY poster on here mention that Spokane is "a totally wonderful, clean and safe city". Not one. Other than that, you're spot on.
I came close a couple of times.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:28 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman187 View Post
Is quite misleading.

I recently moved here from Omaha, NE and spent many hours on here reading about the weather, where to live, and where to play. One over arching theme that I encountered is negativity from the users here.

Crime.
Crime is inevitable wherever you live. Now, if you are coming from a small town where you can leave your front door unlocked at night, you might have culture shock. However, for the rest of us, crime isn't any more or less a problem from similar cities. I think people on here love to read the statistics and have a limited view on "their spokane" and the happenings in. Common sense, again, is warranted. Do not leave valuables in cars. Walking in a creepy area? Move fast and trust no one. Look at the surroundings. Who are your neighbors? I live in Liberty Lake, which has a view of upper class and safety, and the apartment complex I rent from is still vandalized. Why you may ask? Because people leave stuff in there cars while they let them warm up, unlocked. Thieves will always capitalize on lack of common sense.

I can't chime in on a place I've never lived, but one of my pet peeves is blaming the victim for crime. The Seattle area is also very bad for car prowling and people rationalize it by saying things like "you shouldn't have left your jacket in the back seat". That's a total crock. It's like blaming a woman for being raped because she was dressed sexy. Good people don't take things from your car no matter what you leave in it, whether or not it is locked, etc. Bad people steal, period. They aren't less bad because the victim didn't spend 5 minutes cleaning out the car before running into the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread. I think much of the PNW has high property crime rates. It's a problem. Admit it and don't rationalize it.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I came close a couple of times.
No kidding you are one of the more over the top Spokane cheerleaders. Icky.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
No kidding you are one of the more over the top Spokane cheerleaders. Icky.
Near Nature, Near Perfect. That's me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area