Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM

21 posts, read 49,269 times

Advertisements

Question for everyone in the WA/ID area... We are relocating to the area next month. The hubby is in construction/plumbing field and has a few things already lined up. I had a few ideas in mind for when we 1st get there as far as jobs go but I would really like to stay home with the kids for a bit and still earn an income. I ran an in home childcare in AZ for 8 years and have thought about doing that there. Most of the rentals that I have responded to say they would rather not have a childcare in the home due to liability reasons so I am looking for some other ideas. I have a medical background, HR experience, AR/AP experience, transcript experience, and a degree in business. So if anyone has any thoughts or ideas that they can share I would SO appreciate it!! Other than that I guess I will start submitting my resume so I can have something else in mind as a back-up plan. Thank you all in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Be careful doing searches out there. A lot of scammers are taking advantage of people, you should never have to pay someone to do work.

Join this group, most jobs that are telecommuting are vetted by the members of the board. Lots and lots of information here. PRobably one of the better sources:

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

The Telecommuting Moms forum is where they have the jobs listed.

If I remember the name of the other job board I'll come back and post it. The above board is a great resource.

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Thank you! I have seen numerous scams out that and you hit the nail on the head with you should never have to pay to work! I am looking for a "real" job that I can do at home, medical transcript, etc or even childcare if I can find a rental that will allow it with a liability waiver and renters insurance that covers it. Thank you for the link, I will visit it =)

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM

649 posts, read 1,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentsof6 View Post
Question for everyone in the WA/ID area... We are relocating to the area next month. The hubby is in construction/plumbing field and has a few things already lined up. I had a few ideas in mind for when we 1st get there as far as jobs go but I would really like to stay home with the kids for a bit and still earn an income. I ran an in home childcare in AZ for 8 years and have thought about doing that there. Most of the rentals that I have responded to say they would rather not have a childcare in the home due to liability reasons so I am looking for some other ideas. I have a medical background, HR experience, AR/AP experience, transcript experience, and a degree in business. So if anyone has any thoughts or ideas that they can share I would SO appreciate it!! Other than that I guess I will start submitting my resume so I can have something else in mind as a back-up plan. Thank you all in advance!

this is illegal you can not be refused rent due to having children; i highly urge you contact our local fair housing office at the Housing and Urban Development agency for spokane and report these people!!!!
a very good property management company is windermere real estate company, they also have property management with lots of homes for rent and they will not refuse you due to children!!! so check them out! good luck

Old 02-17-2012, 02:40 PM

They are not refusing us for having our own children, they are not wanting me to watch other peoples children in the home, like a home childcare. Some have said it is a liability issue to have a home based business etc. We have an open mind and are hopeful we will find something that will fit our family & criteria very well. We have seen many excellent rentals out there but most will be rented by the time we come April 1st so we will keep our eyes open. I have to agree that Windermere has been GREAT at helping us out and answering questions.
Work while being with my kids is not an easy thing to do and I know that. If it was all parents would be doing it, well at least most parents. I am not looking for something to get rich with just something to help the hubby out and avoid daycare for my own lil 1s. Thank you for any ideas

Old 02-19-2012, 04:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
If your husband's situation permits him some flexibility for working hours (plumbers can schedule pretty flexibly), you might consider accepting part-time second-shift employment and letting your husband watch the kids for fours hours or so a day.

My parents did this when my sister and I were young. It worked out okay for us all.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 AM

850 posts, read 3,717,536 times
There are a lot of medical facilities in Spokane...that's probably your best bet with your experience. Transcriptionists are in high demand and I would think you'd be able to find something in that field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area