Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:47 PM

67 posts, read 156,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
^^^OMG, I need my Happy Light after reading that one!. Is that an accurate depiction?
Yes..we didnt believe it and moved here a year anda half ago. We lost everything and are trying to get out.
Do not move here without a job especially if you are a teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 01:51 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Well I don't know, but from what I have seen, due to my not so high housing budget ,most the homes with a little acreage on them, look like crap imo, anywhere in Spokane, the outskirts, Colville, N Idaho and etc....the area is no longer very affordable imo.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 12-20-2014 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-20-2014, 02:49 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerose View Post
That was rude and a perfect example of Spokanites to outsiders.
Call it whatever you want. Doesn't mean that the OP's complaints about lack of jobs is not common knowledge in the area. Why would anyone move to an area in which they know nothing about and/or did not bother to research?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM

Yes the bus system is very good here. You would be fine working downtown. You just dont want to live there and it is not safe after dark.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Call it whatever you want. Doesn't mean that the OP's complaints about lack of jobs is not common knowledge in the area. Why would anyone move to an area in which they know nothing about and/or did not bother to research?
I did tons of research. Like others, I didnt believe what I had read.Dont try to make me out to be a fool. That is not the Case.

Last edited by joerose; 12-20-2014 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 08:10 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
If you are into Trailerbillies/Fatbillies, chain-smoking, dead-end/low-paying jobs, littering,
Meth-zombies/Pill-zombies and some genuinely weird people....................the spokeADELPHIA may be just the place for you.

No, I am not saying that is all spokeADELPHIA is!!!!!!! This is the fate of a LOT of mid-sized, dumpadelphia-type cities that really have little going for them.

But please, the spoKOMPTON flag-wavers are many times either delusional and/or real-estate agents.

A gorgeous river runs near the heart of downtown.......that is just extraordinary. The beauty is kinda tempered by the bums, vagrants and other dreck up to no good.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:20 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,271,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerose View Post
I did tons of research. Like others, I didnt believe what I had read.Dont try to make me out to be a fool. That is not the Case.
1) I distinctly mentioned the OP, not you. In no way did I call you a "fool". But, having said that:

2) You did research, but then "didn't believe what [you] had read"??? How is that anyone's fault but yours???

Old 12-26-2014, 07:29 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
Must say after having traveled and lived across the US and now and driven all around spokane county for the last month, this is pretty much one of the ugliest cities I have ever seen. Not dirty, just ugly. Sure there are some nice older churches but as a whole.. wow.

Why does it seem like nobody cares about their street, home or curb appeal? Unless you consider junk in the front yard and rust to be "artistic"? Everywhere in the entire county give or take a couple of streets and communities

Cant say CDA is any better.. amazing the lack of care people have for their property.

Blows my mind.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:44 AM

83 posts, read 134,137 times
No, I do not live there yet as we are in debate over one other City that we have lived in before and No, I am not an Realestate Agent but from the pics that I have seen over the last few years I must be really missing something. Every State/City has an area that is there arm pit. So why would WA and Spokane be any different.

I would really like for someone who might have a video camera or like a gopro to take some video of all this "Spokompton" like atmosphere. Everyone makes it seem like its a Hillbilly date your sister and live in your meth house with your sofa on your porch and shoot at your broken appliances on your un kept yard kind of place.

Or even some pics will do.

How about some proof for those of us that might be moving there "blind"

I am from LA and I know what the REAL Compton is like and which is really not that bad. So Spokane would have to be really really bad for me to be worried.

Anyone ever been in down town LA? I can point out all the drunks, beggars, homeless, drug users, hookers you could ever look at but I do not judge on what seems to be segregated in parts of the City.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:47 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssincity View Post

Anyone ever been in down town LA? I can point out all the drunks, beggars, homeless, drug users, hookers you could ever look at but I do not judge on what seems to be segregated in parts of the City.

8 years living in LA here..... and yes Spokane looks exactly like bad parts of LA in our family's opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area