Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 AM

15 posts, read 22,732 times

Advertisements

This somehow got posted on the Washington State forum and I'm reposting it here.

I'm moving to Spokane after years of living abroad, and unfortunately my U.S. drivers license has expired. Is it possible to take the driving test without having a personal vehicle? I don't think I can buy a car without a license, and if I did I could not drive it to the test legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
You need a friend in Spokane. There are a few Spokane 'posters' here on C-D who can help you out.

They will want to know this:

Where were you living? (overseas) / How long?
How old are you?
When is the last time you drove? (Did you do so overseas?)
What was your previous WA driver's history? (You can get a copy from DOL)
Are you a felon?

To answer StealthRabbit's questions:
-Been living in Argentina for almost 4 years
-I'm 60 years old
-I last drove in 2011 (and have been driving for 44 years).
-I had licenses in NY and FL but never Washiington State
-I've had one ticket (1977) and never had an accident
-Never been arrested or had any reason to be

Even renting a car is posing a problem. My fiancee and I are moving to Spokane to get married. She has an Argentina license but no credit card. I have a debit card (which is sometimes acceptable) but no valid license.

Does the licensing office ever have a car for taking the test, or does anyone know a small rental company that might be more flexible than the national ones? Any ideas or suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: