Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 4,970 times

Advertisements

I've lived all over the nation and world while in the armed forces.. and Spokane is my home the past few years and as it has it's share of violence and crime, it has a good police force and sheriff department to help fight crime.... It has many parks and waterways for all to enjoy and nearby Idaho is also nice to visit at times.... one item that I noticed over the years is we have too many chain restaurants and would be nice to have some local and fab food ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geed View Post
I've lived all over the nation and world while in the armed forces.. and Spokane is my home the past few years and as it has it's share of violence and crime, it has a good police force and sheriff department to help fight crime.... It has many parks and waterways for all to enjoy and nearby Idaho is also nice to visit at times.... one item that I noticed over the years is we have too many chain restaurants and would be nice to have some local and fab food ...
Local fab food?

Ask and ye shall receive, my wife works in Public Relations for a major healthcare company and she travels all over eastern washington wining and dining with mucky mucks in the healthcare scene. We go to great restaurants all the time. Here's a quick rundown;

Seafood - Anthony's, great view of the river and the falls. This time of year is the best.
Cheap Burgers - Dicks, get the Whammy. I rest my case.
Great Burgers - Wisconsin Burger lower south hill. Worth it.
Asian - Gordy's, great variety, small quaint intimate dining experience.
Breakfast - Franks Diner, try to sit next to the conductor amazing breakfast best in town.
Steak - Churchills. Expensive but worth it.
Fine Dining - Many people like Clinkerdaggers, but I'm partial to Beverly's in Couer D' Alene.
Fine Dining Again - Clover down by GU. Impressive, most impressive.
Mexican - Tacos Tumbras food truck...great street tacos.
Southern Hip - Casper Fry. Just go ahead and get the chicken and waffles.

Wild Sage American Bistro - Cool hip and fun great food. Pork Chops. Wow.
Ambrosia Bistro - Get the Sweet Potato Fries with Garam Masala Cream and Goat Cheese...good grief. My mouth is watering thinking about those.

That should get you set for a few weeks.

Have fun, and don't waste your time eating at a chain joint. Spokane's food scene is downright underrated. It's great out here.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:47 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,095,198 times
I'm from Walla Walla and love going to Spokane, some of the things what I love about Spokane is how green it is, it's a big city yet still has that small town feel to it and people seem friendly and laid back over there, I am spending a week in Spokane at the end of June and I'm more than excited and looking forward going there, if I could afford it I would live there

Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I'm from Walla Walla and love going to Spokane, some of the things what I love about Spokane is how green it is, it's a big city yet still has that small town feel to it and people seem friendly and laid back over there, I am spending a week in Spokane at the end of June and I'm more than excited and looking forward going there, if I could afford it I would live there
Make it happen. Spokane is still very cheap by national standards.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:45 AM

206 posts, read 333,260 times
Sorry, but OP sounds disingenuous on many fronts. You appear to be fishing for what you WANT to hear as opposed to the harsh realty. I would just love to hear what job opportunity is so great you're willing to subject yourself to the later.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 PM

15 posts, read 16,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
Sorry, but OP sounds disingenuous on many fronts. You appear to be fishing for what you WANT to hear as opposed to the harsh realty. I would just love to hear what job opportunity is so great you're willing to subject yourself to the later.
Sheesh. You just don't quit, do ya? So people are required to disbelieve all good things they hear and take as gospel all negative things? After a quick read-through of this forum, you are far and away the most "disingenuous" poster I've come across. Seriously, if you detest Spokane so much, why would you spend time on their boards waxing pessimistic? Spend time on the board of the paradise you live...or if you live in Spokane, find your "paradise" and move there.

Every city has warts, but you try to make the case that Spokane has no redeeming qualities, which is just patently false, and you undermine your "credibility" in the process.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:36 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
I have never lived in Spokane, but I do like to visit occasionally. The winter is a bit more snow than I want to put up with, so I visit at other times.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
I asservate that Spokane is short on disingenuousness. But not cachinnation.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:06 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
"We are considering a move to Spokane for a great job opportunity and so far I've learned that it's dirty, depressing, crime ridden, cold, poorly educated, meth/crack addicted and completely isolated from the world" ?? That description would cover dozens of cities of similar size around the USA. Never lived there but visited extensively as a result of work. It is the "conservative" eastern side of the state of WA which might have something to do with criticisms from the liberal western shore of the state. Actually found it a nice place on numerous visits.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
"We are considering a move to Spokane for a great job opportunity and so far I've learned that it's dirty, depressing, crime ridden, cold, poorly educated, meth/crack addicted and completely isolated from the world" ?? That description would cover dozens of cities of similar size around the USA. Never lived there but visited extensively as a result of work. It is the "conservative" side of the state of WA which might have something to do with criticisms from the liberal western shore of the state.
Yes, the -- uh -- progressive, tolerant side of WA is nothing if not contemptuous of Spokane and its people. To them, we're just flyover America. Sigh. Guess we'll have to muddle through somehow without the approbation of The Stranger.

Here's an idea, though: let's convince Rachel Dolezal to relocate to Capitol Hill. Take the Queen of Make Believe to the Emerald City.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 06-18-2015 at 09:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area