Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 05:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Interesting live event: my wife is practicing some of the moderately difficult portions of a Beethoven piano sonata; simultaneously, my neighbor the chemist is playing some sort of riotous Baroque piece (C.P.E. Bach maybe? Quantz? Archangelo Corelli?

I hasten to add that I am ensconced, in my driveway, drinking a beer from my high school's fiftieth anniversary mug (I almost typed flagon ), while these pianoforte pyrotechnics were occurring.

The sun is shining generously (Harry Crosby --- no, not that one, the other one --- once said that "the sun is the one thing that never disappoints"), the flowers are exploding into bloom in the prescribed, but also surprising, sequence, the 'very tall' pondeBullBoxer31 sweep my neighborhood with sound, and, irony of ironies, I am savoring Oscar Peterson's glorious extended duets with Milt Jackson on their joint CD "Very Tall"... In particular this little pastiche:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HbHCrFvzwG0

But hell, it's all good. All.

Yay, Spokane (and its all-too-brief but nonetheless glorious summer / and it's only May! / Hooray! (right?) (but it's always cooler than you thought it would be, both temperature-wise and uh coolness-wise?)!

or should it be

Yay, Spokane [and its all-too-brief but nonetheless glorious summer / and it's only May! / Hooray! (right?) (but it's always cooler than you thought it would be, both temperature-wise and uh coolness-wise?)]!

There's that, too.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 05-09-2015 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
My Mom used to love to play the piano, Beethoven was one of her favorites. She loved Dvorak too...miss hearing her play. Enjoy the sounds and the brew old man!

Old 05-10-2015, 12:23 AM

206 posts, read 333,379 times
Yes…reconciling brooding Romantic sensibilities with the more playful Baroque demands a beer, if not something stronger! Still, you're fortunate your neighbor is hammering out Bach and not a boom box. I've long been a fan of both periods. Mozart's happy Classical never did it for me.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:06 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
At least you live in such a neighborhood where said thing is likely to occur.....(?)

Old 05-12-2015, 05:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
At least you live in such a neighborhood where said thing is likely to occur.....(?)
Hence the title of the thread. Thank you, David.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area