Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:22 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,238,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
We will see above normal temps again in the next 7-10 days, but bottom line, the E. WA weather has turned into a cooler summer compared to 2015. Good news for fire threat, and perhaps lower AC bills. Don't dismiss the hot weather yet, however. August can be brutal. We shall see.
You want brutal? Try Tokyo, where I'll be all next week and beyond. Hot. Humid. Oppressive. Makes Spokane's summer feel downright chilly. Of course, there are compensations...

When I get back I'll be all grateful to be out of that steambath...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 10:24 AM

596 posts, read 425,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You want brutal? Try Tokyo, where I'll be all next week and beyond. Hot. Humid. Oppressive. Makes Spokane's summer feel downright chilly. Of course, there are compensations...

When I get back I'll be all grateful to be out of that steambath...
We had one of those on Camp Schwab in Okinawa. It got taken away after too many Marines got into fights...Marines are not the best drunk people to be around. I know.

When we went into Roppongi I must have spent thousands upon thousands of yen on drinks (and other stuff) from vending machines.

Good times, good times.

Enjoy Japan and travel safe you old crotchety bastard

Old 07-20-2016, 02:50 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,248,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Enjoy Japan and travel safe you old crotchety bastard
Yeah, and bring us back some of that Japanese beer, Yel.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:46 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,297,903 times
I have been in the Spokane area for a couple of weeks now and to me the weather has been HOT with a couple of comfortable days mixed in. Played golf at Hangman Valley yesterday, temps in the low 80's, way to warm for me to play golf, I felt like I was going to melt by the 10th hole. Today the temp is forecast to reach 93... I will be hugging the AC during my attempt to survive

Old 07-21-2016, 08:49 AM

BTW, all of the day after day of sunshine has me pinching myself to be sure this is not a dream, 40 years of Alaska has me very unused to consecutive days of sunshine. I used to comment that anytime Alaska had more than 2 consecutive days of sunshine that it should be a state holiday! Never could get the legislature to take me up on that , though!

Old 07-21-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
I have been in the Spokane area for a couple of weeks now and to me the weather has been HOT with a couple of comfortable days mixed in. Played golf at Hangman Valley yesterday, temps in the low 80's, way to warm for me to play golf, I felt like I was going to melt by the 10th hole. Today the temp is forecast to reach 93... I will be hugging the AC during my attempt to survive

I can't believe you're complaining about 80 being too hot for Golf...lol Alaska problems indeed. I'm no golfer, but I like Hangman. My favorite is probably Downriver and I grew up in Hillyard so me and my brother played a lot at Ezzy (Esmeralda).

Enjoy the oppressive heat

Old 07-21-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I can't believe you're complaining about 80 being too hot for Golf...lol Alaska problems indeed. I'm no golfer, but I like Hangman. My favorite is probably Downriver and I grew up in Hillyard so me and my brother played a lot at Ezzy (Esmeralda).

Enjoy the oppressive heat
After 70*F I begin to resemble a puddle . We are looking forward to becoming accustomed to the heat and sunshine.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
After 70*F I begin to resemble a puddle . We are looking forward to becoming accustomed to the heat and sunshine.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Tundra like conditions we have in the Winter. According to some (*cough*cough* Yeledaf) winter starts next week and ends the week of Memorial Day.

I'm not sure how your puny little Alaskan snow flurries can match up with our Snowmageddon. Half our population dies from being frozen to death in the month of November. We're essentially the lost colony of Croatoan by the end of March.

Us few survivors are able to subsist on Whammies from Dick's and the occasional hipster craft beer.

It's desolate here...stares blankly in to the distance

Old 07-21-2016, 03:38 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,248,380 times
Quote:
You'll get used to playing in the heat. I can usually handle anything under about 95. Any higher than that, and my clubs get retired in favor of the beer glass in the clubhouse.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:24 PM

I begin work on Monday, the forecast for Monday and Tuesday is 92* and 91* respectively, I hope I can stay out of the emergency room. Seriously. I wonder if Camel Back has a I.V. adapter for its hydration systems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area