Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 08:12 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,951 times

Advertisements

Used to be some google spreadsheet spokane had online that listed in detail each homicide for each year going back to 2014 if I remember correctly.

Where online can I find a list of all homicides or count for 2015 and thus far for 2016?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:15 AM

596 posts, read 428,392 times
Regional Crime Map | Spokane County, WA

Old 08-22-2016, 12:38 AM

206 posts, read 333,285 times
Per City-data research, violent crime rates in Spokane are far above the national average: //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ashington.html

Realtors and assorted sharks would like their prey to believe our astronomical crime rates are property-related only, but the statistics prove otherwise. Spokane recently made the top ten of Most Dangerous Cities in America, as evidenced on recent media. That local news pundits follow up with apologetic BS is to be expected.....but summarily ignored by the discerning viewer: Spokane makes list of most dangerous cities in America | Spokane - KXLY.com

Old 08-31-2016, 09:36 PM

269 posts, read 297,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem22 View Post
Spokane recently made the top ten of Most Dangerous Cities in America, as evidenced on recent media. That local news pundits follow up with apologetic BS is to be expected.....but summarily ignored by the discerning viewer: Spokane makes list of most dangerous cities in America | Spokane - KXLY.com

Let us guess:

You can't count???

Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 AM

596 posts, read 428,392 times
Quote:
Per City-data research, violent crime rates in Spokane are far above the national average: //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...ashington.html

Realtors and assorted sharks would like their prey to believe our astronomical crime rates are property-related only, but the statistics prove otherwise. Spokane recently made the top ten of Most Dangerous Cities in America, as evidenced on recent media. That local news pundits follow up with apologetic BS is to be expected.....but summarily ignored by the discerning viewer: Spokane makes list of most dangerous cities in America | Spokane - KXLY.com
OP - "Where online can I find a list of all homicides or count for 2015 and thus far for 2016?
You - Same old conspiracy crap. Great job even attempting to answer the OP question.
TALK ABOUT BIAS.

OP - I remember that website, I know EWU used to update fairly regularly a site called community indicators that listed crimes by certain categories, race and what not.

Spokane Community Indicators

But, I cannot find anything that has specifics on the actual homicides that have happened lately. Let us know if you find what you're looking for.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:22 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,468 times
Quote:

Direct quote from your source: "Noticeably absent from the list are the big city crime players like Chicago, Oakland, Newark, etc. That is because this list comes with its own caveats: Cities with fewer than 10,000 residents, and ones that failed to submit a complete crime report to the FBI were excluded from the list."

Clearly, the data on this study is severely flawed, since the article that you cite even mentions that there are reasons that the most violent cities aren't listed.

But, I guess I must be a Realtor if I don't take a single flawed study at face-value.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Direct quote from your source: "Noticeably absent from the list are the big city crime players like Chicago, Oakland, Newark, etc. That is because this list comes with its own caveats: Cities with fewer than 10,000 residents, and ones that failed to submit a complete crime report to the FBI were excluded from the list."

Clearly, the data on this study is severely flawed, since the article that you cite even mentions that there are reasons that the most violent cities aren't listed.

But, I guess I must be a Realtor if I don't take a single flawed study at face-value.
Good post. Here's a lineup of small towns to avoid -- all of which make Spokane look like Munchkinland:

https://www.roadsnacks.net/these-are...ns-in-america/

Then there's this -- and Spokane in nowhere to be found:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/...ty-in-america/

Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Good post. Here's a lineup of small towns to avoid -- all of which make Spokane look like Munchkinland:

https://www.roadsnacks.net/these-are...ns-in-america/

Then there's this -- and Spokane in nowhere to be found:

FBI’s Violent Crime Statistics For Every City In America « CBS Chicago
Thanks for the info, Yel.

See, that's the right way to cite data - by giving multiple unbiased sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: