Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 09:39 PM

143 posts, read 406,396 times

Advertisements

This site was featured/discussed in our local newspaper Inlander addressing the growing issues of homelessness, drug use and crime.

I don't know if links are allowed here... I'll post it and let mods decide if it's ok. But this is not someone's personal site, it's a public group on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479977599018247/

If the link is deleted please google 'Spokane Tweaker Blast'. Shows the real, completely and utterly incompetent with dealing with its social issues Spokane. No PC nonsense. Just pure, brutal truth. With pictures and videos. From Spokane people. About Spokane people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 06:19 AM

26 posts, read 48,560 times
How is Colbert with this ? do they have a lot of crime, drug use, and homeless ness ? I have a couple areas I'm looking at.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:59 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
I wouldn’t pay a lot of attention to Mounty. She/he is a sad case. Hates where she lives and can’t leave and apparently hasn’t ever lived anywhere else to know that all cities have problems with homeless/tweakers, etc. I’m guessing she must live in west central or Hillyard to hate Spokane so much. I probably would too if I were stuck there.
Poor Mounty.

Colbert is perfectly fine. It’s far enough out of the city to have no homeless ior drug ssues that I’ve ever seen. As I’ve said before I know several people who live there and they live nice lives in a more rural/suburban setting with easy access to the city.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:45 AM

87 posts, read 212,870 times
It is always a common response in relocation forums that when someone tells you the truth about a area that the town isn't all that great and shows you proof why, They get called crazy. I'm so over this living with roses colored glasses on the internet. I live here and that group is the truth.
With rents skyrocketing every day, The homeless grow just as much everyday. No one low or middle income can survive with rents being 900 and up. And there is no end in site to the rise. But more importantly, What you will find here and the number 1 reason I have watched so many people that come here and leave this area was because of the people. This is the Loneliness city you will ever live in. Most here are out for themselves and a crap ton of users and con artists and liars. .
I've watched so many well educated people come here and turn around and leave in my 12 yrs of being here. From teachers to book keepers and on down the line. And they all had the same common thread on why.. The people. And I see so many local posts on folks from all walks of life that are fairly new here post the same thing, Why is it so hard to make friends here ?
Anyone here down on there luck will instantly get labeled a druggie, Not saying we don't have a crap ton of those, We do but there very judgmental here. Just read the posts in that group.
You will find no Empathy or Compassion here if the bottom falls out on you. You will get a lot of Lip service but that's about it.
You ask about Colbert, Well that's by Riverside . A VERY hard hit area with drugs. Hell there is no where here all the way up in the Mountains there not stealing from or breaking into all the way up to Colville .
So all the nay sayers will obviously judge me too. Well sorry but I do love the area here. Especially the climate. The mountains are gorgeous but one thing I do know is that no matter how beautiful an area is you need decent friendly , down to earth folks to grow with and enjoy life. That doesn't include drinking or drugging or folks trying to figure out what they can use you for and that's Spokane folks in general.And yes there are good people here but as i said most usually leave or the others keep to themselves.
I'm going to Include some Crime map links. Not all cities/ Towns report there calls to these maps. Most larger cities do. Spokane uses Lexis. So Adjust the date, Choose the Event ( Crime Type) you want to see and adjust the date. Lexis is also the only map that reports drug crimes. I also use these because they show whats really going on. Not hearsay.
https://communitycrimemap.com/

-----------------
Some cities in Idaho report to This Map. Again adjust the date and what you want to see but remember, The all the agencies may not be fully reporting everything. IE there is state, local and sheriff. So it may not give you a full idea of whats going on but a base.
https://www.crimereports.com/

------
And I know Spokane has a huge influx of these offenders
https://www.criminalwatchdog.com/

Old 10-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIbornNBred View Post
It is always a common response in relocation forums that when someone tells you the truth about a area that the town isn't all that great and shows you proof why, They get called crazy. I'm so over this living with roses colored glasses on the internet. I live here and that group is the truth.
With rents skyrocketing every day, The homeless grow just as much everyday. No one low or middle income can survive with rents being 900 and up. And there is no end in site to the rise. But more importantly, What you will find here and the number 1 reason I have watched so many people that come here and leave this area was because of the people. This is the Loneliness city you will ever live in. Most here are out for themselves and a crap ton of users and con artists and liars. .
I've watched so many well educated people come here and turn around and leave in my 12 yrs of being here. From teachers to book keepers and on down the line. And they all had the same common thread on why.. The people. And I see so many local posts on folks from all walks of life that are fairly new here post the same thing, Why is it so hard to make friends here ?
Anyone here down on there luck will instantly get labeled a druggie, Not saying we don't have a crap ton of those, We do but there very judgmental here. Just read the posts in that group.
You will find no Empathy or Compassion here if the bottom falls out on you. You will get a lot of Lip service but that's about it.
You ask about Colbert, Well that's by Riverside . A VERY hard hit area with drugs. Hell there is no where here all the way up in the Mountains there not stealing from or breaking into all the way up to Colville .
So all the nay sayers will obviously judge me too. Well sorry but I do love the area here. Especially the climate. The mountains are gorgeous but one thing I do know is that no matter how beautiful an area is you need decent friendly , down to earth folks to grow with and enjoy life. That doesn't include drinking or drugging or folks trying to figure out what they can use you for and that's Spokane folks in general.And yes there are good people here but as i said most usually leave or the others keep to themselves.
I'm going to Include some Crime map links. Not all cities/ Towns report there calls to these maps. Most larger cities do. Spokane uses Lexis. So Adjust the date, Choose the Event ( Crime Type) you want to see and adjust the date. Lexis is also the only map that reports drug crimes. I also use these because they show whats really going on. Not hearsay.

-----------------
Some cities in Idaho report to This Map. Again adjust the date and what you want to see but remember, The all the agencies may not be fully reporting everything. IE there is state, local and sheriff. So it may not give you a full idea of whats going on but a base.

------

I don’t have the same experience living in Spokane. I find folks to be friendly and down to earth, and quite welcoming.
I have a lot of friends in Colbert and they have zero problems with crime. I’ve never heard of Riverside being a hotbed of crime either and I have horse friends there and in Chattaroy.
You seem to do a lot of complaining about crime in various areas.
Maybe it’s more of a problem that you’re moving into the wrong neighborhoods?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:

-----------------

------

I don’t have the same experience living in Spokane. I find folks to be friendly and down to earth, and quite welcoming.
I have a lot of friends in Colbert and they have zero problems with crime. I’ve never heard of Riverside being a hotbed of crime either and I have horse friends there and in Chattaroy.

I don’t doubt your experiences but please give others the benefit of not doubting their experiences which you do in your post. My husband and I are well educated and have lived here for three years but spent the prior 13 living near Priest River. So not like we aren’t familiar with the area.
We’ve also lived all over the country in and around large cities and it’s all pretty much the same. Crime in certain areas and other areas are nice.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:54 AM

850 posts, read 3,715,277 times
I agree with Misty River in that these issues are everywhere, not just spokane, but it's still a definite problem in Spokane. I lived on lower South Hill very close to what is considered the nicer area of Spokane, and I had my car windows smashed out, shoes stolen off my porch, as well as my bike tires stolen (my bike was locked up, so they took the tires). Not once did the police come to check it out.

I moved out of that area and into the Garland District, and about a month after moving all of the driver side mirrors were knocked off the cars parked on my street. Again, no police came to check on it. There either isn't enough funding for the police, they don't care, or there are so many problems like this going on that they just don't bother with it.

It's really unfortunate because Spokane really is a nice place. And for the most part I love being here. I will say, though, that Spokane has really been putting money into city projects and improvement since I moved here three years ago. Hopefully as more people move in with jobs the money will also help take care of some of these issues that are happening in Spokane.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:58 PM

87 posts, read 212,870 times
See this is what I mean... You assume MistyRiver the problem is me and my attitude. Well your very wrong. I'm a older retiree that lives in the affluent community of Mead. I'm not far from you. I just choose to keep my eyes and ears open to what surrounds me.
So no I don't move into bad areas. And I too am well versed in traveling. I've lived everywhere from Western NY to St Petersburg Fl to growing up in San Antonio TX. I'm very well versed in living and people. So please don't assume the issue is with me. The links I gave support what I'm saying. And I listen to the people around me and the issues that surround us. Even now up here in my complex in the last month 2 Apt's have been broken in too and cars are being robbed.
A employee for the complex that lives Down off Market had his truck stolen. When they found the truck it was repainted, driving around downtown. They made it a mobile Shake N Bake Meth Lab. Loaded with very large barrels of chemicals.
And for your NO issues with Colbert.. Hmm funny my new neighbor that works at a local bank just moved from there. While in the process of moving, they busted in the locked storage on the land and stole all her remaining items. She is rebuilding now.
And close to Colbert is Deer park. You can look up the Deer Park Bradly page. There having a bad rash of home break ins up there also, all the way over to Liberty lake. You can also keep in touch on Spokane News where a lot of goings on's are posted.
See this is what happens when you tell people the reality of a area. They assume and judge it is the OP when all the OP Is trying to do is give people a heads up about a area.
No this is not Chicago or hec The East side of Buffalo NY where gangs run the area But the drugs, and thefts are getting really bad. the natives call this Spokomptom and Yakima is Krakima. Does that give you a clue ??
I don't want to see anyone just pack up and spend and invest everything moving to a area on falsehood. Thats just wrong. At least give them the facts and let them decide for themselves from there. Way to much rose colored glasses going on on the internet today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post

I don’t doubt your experiences but please give others the benefit of not doubting their experiences which you do in your post. My husband and I are well educated and have lived here for three years but spent the prior 13 living near Priest River. So not like we aren’t familiar with the area.
We’ve also lived all over the country in and around large cities and it’s all pretty much the same. Crime in certain areas and other areas are nice.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
See this is what I mean... You assume MistyRiver the problem is me and my attitude. Well your very wrong. I'm a older retiree that lives in the affluent community of Mead. I'm not far from you. I just choose to keep my eyes and ears open to what surrounds me.
So no I don't move into bad areas. And I too am well versed in traveling. I've lived everywhere from Western NY to St Petersburg Fl to growing up in San Antonio TX. I'm very well versed in living and people. So please don't assume the issue is with me. The links I gave support what I'm saying. And I listen to the people around me and the issues that surround us. Even now up here in my complex in the last month 2 Apt's have been broken in too and cars are being robbed.
A employee for the complex that lives Down off Market had his truck stolen. When they found the truck it was repainted, driving around downtown. They made it a mobile Shake N Bake Meth Lab. Loaded with very large barrels of chemicals.
And for your NO issues with Colbert.. Hmm funny my new neighbor that works at a local bank just moved from there. While in the process of moving, they busted in the locked storage on the land and stole all her remaining items. She is rebuilding now.
And close to Colbert is Deer park. You can look up the Deer Park Bradly page. There having a bad rash of home break ins up there also, all the way over to Liberty lake. You can also keep in touch on Spokane News where a lot of goings on's are posted.
See this is what happens when you tell people the reality of a area. They assume and judge it is the OP when all the OP Is trying to do is give people a heads up about a area.
No this is not Chicago or hec The East side of Buffalo NY where gangs run the area But the drugs, and thefts are getting really bad. the natives call this Spokomptom and Yakima is Krakima. Does that give you a clue ??
I don't want to see anyone just pack up and spend and invest everything moving to a area on falsehood. Thats just wrong. At least give them the facts and let them decide for themselves from there. Way to much rose colored glasses going on on the internet today.
No , I didn’t assume anything.
I simply asked if maybe it was the areas you were in and said what my experiences are and my friends experiences are which are positive as far as local friendliness and no problems with crime. No rose colored glasses. Just my own and friends opinions.

And no..we don’t live near each other. I’m on the South Hill.

Last edited by mistyriver; 10-09-2018 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,088 times
Quote:
I don't think that the problem is that Misty doesn't believe you, but rather your entire post seems to be a disjointed rant about everything that is terrible about Spokane.

You start with rents going up, then immediately move into the number of people moving away from Spokane. That is followed quickly by the number of people on drugs, which then moves immediately into the people who don't care about those people on drugs. Then, of course, is the obligatory comments about crime.

No offense, but you are just one of many on this forum (the whole forum, not just Spokane), who has a low post count, who signs-up on here with the only point being to complain. These posts are seen on here ALL THE TIME. If you'd had a focused topic to debate about, that's one thing, but clearly your only point of posting was to complain about Spokane in general.

Again, no offense, but we get tired of these posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area