Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 07:37 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Realtors want to gloss over little facts like crime rates and violence and get their commissions. The only other creature that calls out to others to come when it finds something good is the seagull.
Who is a realtor?

Is there another creature that has so much fun kvetching about where he lives that he wanders over to defend unhappy complainers in other cities?

Last edited by mistyriver; 10-31-2018 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
I think many people/entities get on here and promote an area for their own gain. And these same people tend to gloss over facts like high crime and violence, conveniently. It's funny because if you do the same thing with trading/stocks, the Fed's put you in Jail like Martha Stewart.
We are bleeding friends and co-workers that are heading to the east side for the reasonable cost of living, so yes we are peeking into "your" area on city-data. The west side is becoming largely un-affordable for housing, in some area's the average home value exceeds 9 times the average income, which leaves the average buyer short by almost half.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:56 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
I think many people/entities get on here and promote an area for their own gain. And these same people tend to gloss over facts like high crime and violence, conveniently. It's funny because if you do the same thing with trading/stocks, the Fed's put you in Jail like Martha Stewart.
We are bleeding friends and co-workers that are heading to the east side for the reasonable cost of living, so yes we are peeking into "your" area on city-data. The west side is becoming largely un-affordable for housing, in some area's the average home value exceeds 9 times the average income, which leaves the average buyer short by almost half.
Well, I’m not a realtor. Just a person who lives here and likes it and has experienced no crime. Are we supposed to just make some crime up or not relate our own experiences so we don’t aggravate the local cranks who appear from prior posts to live in Section 8 housing which would be an entirely different experience than other areas?
And no. Realtors (though I’m not one) touting their own area is most definitely not the same as Martha Stewart lying to the feds about her inside trading. Not even remotely similar. If you think someone here is breaking federal law then I would advise you to report to the moderators.
Or the FBI.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Well, I’m not a realtor. Just a person who lives here and likes it and has experienced no crime. Are we supposed to just make some crime up or not relate our own experiences so we don’t aggravate the local cranks who appear from prior posts to live in Section 8 housing which would be an entirely different experience than other areas?
And no. Realtors (though I’m not one) touting their own area is most definitely not the same as Martha Stewart lying to the feds about her inside trading. Not even remotely similar. If you think someone here is breaking federal law then I would advise you to report to the moderators.
Or the FBI.
All I ask is for reality, nothing needs to be made up. People are pouring into Washington, cost of living is up, homelessness is up, crime is up. The people that come here aren't all happy about their choice, as one look online and it's advertised as paradise zipping through the country-side in a convertible going wine tasting with not another car in sight. Reality is high crime, a revolving door hand slap justice system, overpriced housing and cost of living despite below average incomes and a higher poverty rate, a vastly growing population all crammed into the same infrastructure we've had since the 1980's, and a state government that even in good economic times, wants more taxes to use to place infrastructure for yet more taxes.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:55 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
All I ask is for reality, nothing needs to be made up. People are pouring into Washington, cost of living is up, homelessness is up, crime is up. The people that come here aren't all happy about their choice, as one look online and it's advertised as paradise zipping through the country-side in a convertible going wine tasting with not another car in sight. Reality is high crime, a revolving door hand slap justice system, overpriced housing and cost of living despite below average incomes and a higher poverty rate, a vastly growing population all crammed into the same infrastructure we've had since the 1980's, and a state government that even in good economic times, wants more taxes to use to place infrastructure for yet more taxes.
I certainly would advise any prospective resident of Washington to limit the use of convertibles.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I certainly would advise any prospective resident of Washington to limit the use of convertibles.
So true haha. I see so many for sale from people that move up here, and no one wants them. They are a prowl/theft magnet because they are easily knifed open, and just not a great thing to have where it's wet/cold a majority of the year.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:13 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeledaf View Post
i certainly would advise any prospective resident of washington to limit the use of convertibles.
rofl!

Old 11-23-2018, 12:51 PM

132 posts, read 230,602 times
Hey all! I am moving to the Spokane area. My husband will be working in Spokane Valley. I am doing what others have suggested by reading posts to get an idea of good and bad neighborhoods. I am sorry, but so many posts are back and forth jabs and not much I formation. I suppose I'll have to start a post asking for information on neighborhoods.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:19 AM

87 posts, read 212,991 times
Check out the crime in the neighborhoods on this map. On the left side EVENTS, open that up to check the crimes you want to see. And Adjust the dates. Parts of Spokane ( East Side of Spokane And Parts of the Valley ) are just on fire with crime & drugs.
You really can't go by the he said she said on the net. like you said to much jabbing and lord help you if you say anything negative about a place because they will be all up on you here. Most quiet place ( but expensive ) to live here is the South Hill. That's the area South of Downtown. The crime map will show the farther south out of Downtown you go the better. Good Luck.

----------------

https://communitycrimemap.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Happy-Day View Post
Hey all! I am moving to the Spokane area. My husband will be working in Spokane Valley. I am doing what others have suggested by reading posts to get an idea of good and bad neighborhoods. I am sorry, but so many posts are back and forth jabs and not much I formation. I suppose I'll have to start a post asking for information on neighborhoods.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 AM

132 posts, read 230,602 times
Thank you GlbornNBred!

This is very helpful! We already moved on Christmas Eve and ended up renting in Liberty Lake. We love it so far. I just read an article about how Liberty Lake is the 6th safest community in Washington. Seems like a really nice community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area