Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM

35 posts, read 161,471 times

Advertisements

Thank God Spokane has people that speak their minds. I love that city! I will be one of "lefties" to watch out for. Another year or so and I will be living there myself. Those kids most definitely have every right to speak their mind. There should be no war. Its all about oil. We all know that. However, that is beside my point. Im glad we all have out right to speak our minds. If you don't like that, you're not truly proud to be an American. There are places like Russia and Saudia Arabia where you'd be happy living if you don't like people speaking their minds.

Thanks.

Randy

Old 07-21-2008, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,984 times
Thanks everyone for your responses. We decided to move to Colorado, though it might be a bit more expensive its seems to be a better fit for us.

Like many of you said those people did have the right to protest and they can dress however they want. It is a free country and we wanted to like Spokane, but got a better vibe elsewhere. Thanks again

Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 AM

438 posts, read 1,796,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Completely irrelevant.
I told you I was just making sure! Just because someone might see groups of kids dressed like this doesn't mean the area is full of anarchists. I'm talking beyond the July 4th protestors. Just the same as a bunch of kids wearing baggy pants and upside down tennis visors(what's with that?) doesn't necessarily mean gang activity. I just think some people get paranoid about stuff like that(granted, mostly little old ladies, but they're people, too...). That's all.
Hopefully soon we'll be some of the righties keeping Spokane on an even keel and not turning it into another Seattle.
Good luck in Colorado, Bluesfan! :~) D

Old 07-22-2008, 09:20 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kena View Post
The distinction is between actively supporting the message (which most media and lawyers do not) and supporting the right to convey the message. For the latter, scorn is not well-deserved.
Their publicity and actions on their behlaf does indeed constitute support for the message. How could it not?

Quote:
y, I don't. This is a private forum and as such the content can be regulated as the people who run this board see fit. First Amendment rights only apply to government suppression of speech.
I was waiting for that cop-out. Why, you must have a shyster or two in your family...

Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy@Tacoma View Post
Thank God Spokane has people that speak their minds. I love that city! I will be one of "lefties" to watch out for. Another year or so and I will be living there myself. Those kids most definitely have every right to speak their mind. There should be no war. Its all about oil. We all know that. However, that is beside my point. Im glad we all have out right to speak our minds. If you don't like that, you're not truly proud to be an American. There are places like Russia and Saudia Arabia where you'd be happy living if you don't like people speaking their minds.

Thanks.

Randy
It'll be a slow trip, since you won't use any oil to get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area