Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM

87 posts, read 372,884 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone might have a phone number for the local UPS Customer Center? Their 1-800 number is not accepting any phone calls due to high call volume. I have several packages that have not arrived from them and they are all of my daughter's Christmas presents! Their website tracking says they should have been delivered today at the latest, even with the weather delays. And FedEx delivered here yesterday, so they have no excuse! I'm happy to go pick up the packages, but I need to speak to a human before that can happen.

Thank you. (And please, I already know I should have ordered earlier, but we just moved!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 10:57 AM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
Did you get your package Kaimik? I was supposed have gotten a UPS delivery by the 23rd or 24th and they didn't get here on time. The UPS website says it is delayed due to weather conditions. Luckily the presents were for my hubby and 15 year old, so they are old enough to be patient :-)

Old 12-26-2008, 03:01 PM

67 posts, read 246,812 times
UPS has really sucked big time this year - every USPS and FED-EX package was delivered on time.

A package that was shipped from CA on DEC 15th, and the UPS website said projected delivery date of DEC 19th Just arrived TODAY DEC 26TH!!!!

We have another package that was scheduled for DEC 23 and it has been "rescheduled due to high traffic volume" for JAN 5th. That is 13 extra days due to "high traffic volume"!?!?!!

Something is wrong at UPS - from now on I will ship FedEx or USPS until they can get their act together.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:55 PM

I completely agree RetiredChef. I had two packages scheduled for delivery on the 23rd. Both scanned into Spokane on the 22nd, and have been "out for delivery" a couple of times, but we still haven't received them. They are rescheduled for delivery today, but I'm not holding my breath. We've received all our regular mail every day and FedEx delivered here on the 22nd as well. Does UPS not have snow tires? I've never had a problem before, but I guess we'll have to count on FedEx or the good old post office in the future.

I ended up doing some last minute shopping on Christmas Eve for my toddler and if the package ever shows up, she'll think we have Christmas twice a year! Thankfully she's not old enough to know what she's been missing Wendy! I hope all our packages find their way soon.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
On the news last evening the statement was made that UPS and FedEx expect to have all their WA deliveries up to date by this evening.

UPS sucks. Big time. I haven't used them for several years. I use only USPS and FedEx.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,053 times
I've had a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 17th and it's now the 29th. It says Out For Delivery for the 4th time on my tracking page. I even saw the UPS guy come down my street at about 7:30 PM on the 26th and he didn't stop.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:38 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredChef View Post
UPS has really sucked big time this year - every USPS and FED-EX package was delivered on time.

A package that was shipped from CA on DEC 15th, and the UPS website said projected delivery date of DEC 19th Just arrived TODAY DEC 26TH!!!!

We have another package that was scheduled for DEC 23 and it has been "rescheduled due to high traffic volume" for JAN 5th. That is 13 extra days due to "high traffic volume"!?!?!!

Something is wrong at UPS - from now on I will ship FedEx or USPS until they can get their act together.
In defense of the United Parcel Service our delivery man walked up my long, long, hilly driveway on Christmas Eve in slush, and snow past his ankles to deliver a gift at our front door. We hadn't arrived home from New York state as yet........but we saw the footprints leading up the driveway. It was a pretty big box too. So I wrote a letter in to customer service to thank him.
I can say too that Fed Ex left a number of packages last year at someones home on our street that I didn't know. I drove up and down my street to see if I saw them on someones porch...........there they were. I get wrong packages here all the time due to Fed Ex and yet UPS has never gone wrong.
So I think it is different everywhere and I can only praise our UPS driver.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM

Just an update for everyone... Two weeks later, still no packages. I called UPS and they say that due to emergency conditions, they will now NEVER deliver our packages! But, they will kindly hold them at their service center for pickup. They won't refund our costs either, because they say the conditions are beyond their control. Yet FedEx and the USPS have been delivering to our house every single day except one!!!!!!! We definitely know never to use them again!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 AM

67 posts, read 246,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
In defense of the United Parcel Service our delivery man walked up my long, long, hilly driveway on Christmas Eve in slush, and snow past his ankles to deliver a gift at our front door. We hadn't arrived home from New York state as yet........but we saw the footprints leading up the driveway. It was a pretty big box too. So I wrote a letter in to customer service to thank him.
I can say too that Fed Ex left a number of packages last year at someones home on our street that I didn't know. I drove up and down my street to see if I saw them on someones porch...........there they were. I get wrong packages here all the time due to Fed Ex and yet UPS has never gone wrong.
So I think it is different everywhere and I can only praise our UPS driver.
I was never slamming our driver, who has walked up our long snow laden driveway carrying large packages to us.

It is UPS itself, a ground package from Chicago went via Atlanta and took 21 days for it to be delivered. A box sent USPS from Indiana 4 days AFTER the shipment from Chicago arrived in 4 days later.

UPS refused to deliver to us on our street even though both USPS (rural driver) and FED-EX had no problem.

I think there system was overwhelmed this year and there were some major computer errors. My sister had a deliver that went across a city, Los Angeles, and it took 10 days to travel less then 90 miles (no snow in LA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: