Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:10 AM

9 posts, read 22,955 times

Advertisements

Bitko, why do you hate Spokane so much? It is interesting to me that so many people give real concrete reasons they like Spokane and yet you don't state any reason it is a 'hell hole'. How many places have you lived? Just curious. Why do you think it is the city or government to posting to deceive? Are you that cynical that people can't live it? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM

67 posts, read 246,850 times
Bitko,

Most of the posters here are aliens that are luring people to this city only to be abducted, the government has been infiltrated by alien imposter's, so it could be part of their plan.

I also heard they are dumping fluoridation into the aquifer, commie bastards.

Also be very wary of black helicopters, they are everywhere!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:38 PM

221 posts, read 1,195,246 times
LOL! That's a heckuva funny post, RetiredChef.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:03 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitko View Post
Spokane is a hell hole. Don't feed the brain drain that is sh*tkan. I hate it here.
It looks as though someones brain done drained ! The only reason you joined City-Data Forums is to bash Spokane. This post is about what you love about Spokane and you come on here to bash ! Go away troll.
Oh while I'm here I would like to ask you why you choose to live in a place that you hate. Is it not wise to stay in a place that you hate, leads to stress that causes one to become sick.
My advice would be to move away from Spokane and make room for someone that has what it takes to appreciate what IS to love about Spokane.

Back to topic, The falls and The Old Spaghetti Factory and the gun shows at the fairgrounds.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Back to topic, The falls and The Old Spaghetti Factory and the gun shows at the fairgrounds.
I asked my hubby if Spokane has really great gun shows at the fairgrounds since you mentioned that was one thing you love about Spokane, and he gave a resounding "Yes" and added that they are way better than Boise gun shows.

I agree with the Old Spaghetti Factory, too. YUMMY!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,098,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessysunshine View Post
I love Spokane and the surrounding area. I just love it. I look so forward to our moving back and us raising our children there.

I'd love to hear what you love about Spokane and the surrounding area. Here are some of the things I love...

My friends
The mountains and pine trees
Riverfront Park
Riverside State Park
Big city, yet "small"
Green Bluff
Lakes
Proximity to northern Idaho
Gondolas
Lilac Parade
Bloomsday

Mt. Spokane
It's just home to me
What I love about Spokane is that while it's a medium sized city it still has that small town feel to it and the people there are friendly and laid back and the traffic isn't too bad for its size and it's easier to get around.

I also love that there are plenty of restaurants, shopping and things to do in Spokane and there are alot of nice beautiful homes over there.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:59 PM

6 posts, read 11,129 times
My wife and I are two who are very jealous of those that get to live in Spokane. We lived there several years ago and can't wait for the opportunity to move back. Things we miss include:

Manito Park
Riverfront Park
Huckleberries
Cliff Drive
Luna's
Gordy's
The Zag's
The Ice Rink
RPS
Coeur D'Alene
Schweitzer Skiing
The list could go on and on

We've lived all over this country. I'm from the east, wife is from the west. And Spokane is the place we'd love to call home.

Homesick on the east coast.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 AM

Oh, NanoSour, I hear you! I am in the same boat: homesick for Spokane.

I hope you get there! Until the day you do, enjoy the moment in life you're at! Blessings...

Old 09-06-2009, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 11,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessysunshine View Post
Oh, NanoSour, I hear you! I am in the same boat: homesick for Spokane.

I hope you get there! Until the day you do, enjoy the moment in life you're at! Blessings...
Thanks Jessy...we are doing our but it is the most difficult decision to make. I'm definitely in one of the "your money, or your life" situations.

Deep down I know that someday we'll be back to Spokane. If you believe in the Secret, then it will be so.

Best Wishes.....Nano

Old 09-07-2009, 12:55 PM

18 posts, read 65,099 times
Default Seattle to San Diego or Spokane

Take it from someone who lives in Seattle...Spokane looks fantastic! I'd give anything to be able to leave the Seattle area now. Hate the rain, the clouds, the radical left, and the self-righteous aura of many who live here. Just want to be around normal, down-to-earth people. From the few times I have visited Spokane if felt like home. Thanks for all the great posts regarding it. My wife and I are trying to decide between Spokane and San Diego. Tough choices. Two totally different places but both very desirable : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area