Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,904 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and am looking for feedback about the radio stations in the Spokane/Deer Park areas. My husband and I are looking into possible purchase of local station and turning it into a viable christian station. Thoughts? Comments? We have done some research about the number of Christian stations do any of you all listen to christian radio and could maybe tell me what is missing or if its really great or what you thoughts are. I appreciate your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:28 PM

21 posts, read 81,801 times
Default WOW! Good luck!!

Wow!

Interesting... The thing that I'm missing since moving here from Southern California las October is Preaching/Talk radio. (I moved from the holy grail of radio programming, so I'm REALLY spoiled) I miss KWAVE's programming most specifically, I'd LOVE to find it on my satellite radio (Sirius) since I travel between the Cascades and Montana, I can be in Lewiston one day, and up to Okanogan the next. You folks are looking to start a "hobby" not necessarily a business, so I wish you luck! BUT, if GOD's behind it, nothing will stop it....
Thanks for thinking of us all out here!!
tmengineman_@yahoo.com

Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 AM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times
I used to listen to Spirit 101.9 that has now been acquired by Air 1. The music's good but it's not really a local station - they're based out of Sacramento and broadcast nationally. I think you might do well with a more localized Christian station. Keep the music current with a few traditional worship songs thrown in periodically but not too much of that screaming rock! There were quite a few local advertisers on Spirit 101.9 that might be ready to come back to a local Christian station.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 AM

221 posts, read 1,194,951 times
Wow, how exciting!

I, too, moved from SoCal back up to the Spokane area in 2006, and I truly missed having all the sermons to listen to that I was able to hear down there on KKLA and KDAR. We currently live in Boise, but we are looking to head back up to the Spokane area, and I would LOVE to have a radio station to listen to that played a lot of sermons by the great pastors of our time. Thanks for asking! GOD luck!

Old 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM

438 posts, read 1,796,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
I used to listen to Spirit 101.9 that has now been acquired by Air 1. The music's good but it's not really a local station - they're based out of Sacramento and broadcast nationally. I think you might do well with a more localized Christian station. Keep the music current with a few traditional worship songs thrown in periodically but not too much of that screaming rock! There were quite a few local advertisers on Spirit 101.9 that might be ready to come back to a local Christian station.
I agree. I never could get into that screaming Christian music. It just never felt right to me. Every once in a while I surf past it on one of our Christian TV stations late-night and it scares me. I know the Spirit works in mysterious ways, but that's beyond me! :~) D

Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,904 times
I thank you all for responding in such a positive way. Unfortunately it looks like the gentleman who has recently lost his wife is going to let the license for the station just die. Its expiration date is June 10, 2009. The lawa says if its not up and on the air by then it evaporates forever. He is looking for someone with lots of money to take it off his hands. God wanted us to look into this and we have but this maynot be the opportunity that we are to get. This definately wouldn't be just a hobby. With over 40 years in broadcasting this is deninately a business for my husband and myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area