Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM

438 posts, read 1,796,909 times

Advertisements

There are some new homes we're interested in that are being built in Geiger Heights. It would be great being so close to my husbands work, but is it too close to the airport? Does anyone know about that area? Is it harder to access in the snow? What are Cheney schools like? I'm also not sure about being in a smaller school district with my special needs kids. Especially now with major budget cutbacks. Thanks! :~) D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,714 times
West Plains has alot to offer, education in Cheney is among the best in the country ! Its small town feel with the convienance of a big city just minutes drive !

Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Thanks for answering! I guess it's an area most people don't have much expertise in on this forum. :~) D

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Most of what I know would be outdated---but, you will get some flyover from both the airport and Fairchild AFB. I can tell you from first-hand experience that in time you won't even notice it.
Lived in that area for 8 years and the driving in the winter rarely stopped us from doing anything we wanted to, but it won't be like living in town.

I'm a product of the Cheney school system and the Medical Lake school system and can read and write and everything! As to which would suit you better it depends upon your needs. Cheney had a better reputation, although during my time there it may have been over rated as I had a number of junior high and high school classes in which the kids basically ran them, and made life miserable for some of the teachers. There were more class and extracurricular offerings.
Medical Lake teachers overall had better control over their classes; my favorite high school teachers were there rather than in Cheney and the student body was closer, I'm guessing due to it being smaller both geographically and numerically.
My favorite elementary teacher was a Cheney school system teacher, now retired.

Overall, my family preferred the West Plains rather than actually in Spokane.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 AM

Drove around the area when we were there a week and a half ago. We never did find the new homes we were looking for because it was off the edge of our map. Pretty rural, huh? Probably too rural for me. There was another home we went to look up north in the Garden Bluff area. It looked great on paper, but it had some seriously evident settling problems--just another one of the really disapointing houses we saw. :~/ D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area