Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 7,778 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

We've visited Spokane a view times during the past year. We're in the planning stages of coming up from Portland for the Thanksgiving holiday.

The plan is to stay in a hotel in the Downtown District (hopefully the Davenport!) & stay through the weekend. I found a great website Downtown Spokane, which has a listing of all the festivities during that time. It really looks like alot of fun !!!

Our question is: Does it usually snow during Thanksgiving? -with rental car companies if you need to reserve a SUV. We'd need to reserve way in advance.

Thanks in advance for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 03:43 PM

389 posts, read 1,071,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley2c View Post
Hi all!

We've visited Spokane a view times during the past year. We're in the planning stages of coming up from Portland for the Thanksgiving holiday.

The plan is to stay in a hotel in the Downtown District (hopefully the Davenport!) & stay through the weekend. I found a great website Downtown Spokane, which has a listing of all the festivities during that time. It really looks like alot of fun !!!

Our question is: Does it usually snow during Thanksgiving? -with rental car companies if you need to reserve a SUV. We'd need to reserve way in advance.

Thanks in advance for any info
Typically, it's just WET around Thanksgiving. That said, the five years that I've been here, two of those years we HAVE had snow. So, while it's not a guarantee that it will snow, there's no guarantee that it won't either. The last two winters have been particularly rough, however, so I am expecting it to be a (relatively) mild winter for us.

I wouldn't worry about needing to rent an SUV, though. They don't drive any better on ice, they slide like everything else. The roads are usually kept clear, though, especially in downtown.

I hope you have fun!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 81,640 times
Welcome!

We moved up here from Southern California last October, and while it was cold, it didn't snow until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I'll remember it well, I was having lunch with work buddies, and we were leaving the restaurant and it started lightly snowing. My cell phone started ringing off the hook, it was my wife, voice at a high pitch from excitement, and I could hear the kids in the background bouncing around giddily. You see it was the first time **ANY** of them had ever seen it snow!! It wasn't much snow as I remember, we didn't get the deep stuff until December. The night of the 17th to be exact...
As to rental cars, I know the airport rents lots of Subaru's, they're all all-wheel drive and I'm told those all work very well...

Enjoy!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:46 AM

30 posts, read 62,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeatzie View Post
Welcome!

We moved up here from Southern California last October, and while it was cold, it didn't snow until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I'll remember it well, I was having lunch with work buddies, and we were leaving the restaurant and it started lightly snowing. My cell phone started ringing off the hook, it was my wife, voice at a high pitch from excitement, and I could hear the kids in the background bouncing around giddily. You see it was the first time **ANY** of them had ever seen it snow!! It wasn't much snow as I remember, we didn't get the deep stuff until December. The night of the 17th to be exact...
As to rental cars, I know the airport rents lots of Subaru's, they're all all-wheel drive and I'm told those all work very well...

Enjoy!
Hey there,

Where at in Southern Cali are you from? My wife and I are looking to move to Spokane from So Cali. We are from Moreno Valley/Riverside area. Did you buy a house right away or rent an apartment for a while? Do you know of any nice apartments in the area? It'll be my wife's first time seeing that much snow too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area