Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:25 PM

286 posts, read 678,158 times

Advertisements

I noticed what a beautiful day it was in Spokane today......summer weather is fine for those who enjoy the sun and very low humidity.
Charlotte is somewhat like a steambath...I could not breathe...but that is me.
My book comments on cloudiness being a negative factor in Spokane six months a year.
Charlotte.......ah.....no comment.
"An aged man is but a paltry thing,a tattered coat upon a stick,unless soul clap its hands and sing and louder sing for every tatter in its mortal dress." Yeats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 10:39 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times
Have not read all the posts, but Spokane is neither boring or exciting. It is entirely based on your experience and expections. If you move from Walla Walla, or Lewiston, or even Yakima, then Spokane will offer many more options than you are used to. Take some time to understand the opportunities, and you will be surprised. If you come from a bigger metro, then do the same thing....and understand that most entertainment will cost less, be closer, and the quality will be similar. Enjoy Spokane, for what it's worth.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:25 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Have not read all the posts, but Spokane is neither boring or exciting. It is entirely based on your experience and expections.
I understand your point pw72.

But when it comes to whether Spokane, or any town, is boring I'd shorten your comments to the following...

It is based entirely upon you.

I kind of tend to think boredom is not the fault of any place, but the person. IMO.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,683 times
Default East coast to west coast?

I moved from Langley VA to Spokane and it isn't the same. You will find a distinct difference between the people. People in west are not nearly as "stuffy." There is allot to do in Spokane espcially if you like the outdoors--camping, hiking, boating, skiing etc

Old 08-08-2010, 12:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Last week, we did a road trip from Bellevue, WA to Saskatchewan, Canada. On the way, we stopped over for a bit in Missoula, MT. While there, we went walking with our dogs through a park and ended up speaking with a man and woman who had just moved there. Boy, were they pumped! ALL the things to do, the places that they could get to without having to drive...etc, etc.

IMO, it's all about perspective. If you're used to a "big city", Spokane, or Missoula, will not live up. I know a bunch of people that I work with here in Seattle who just love being in Spokane. It's a different pace, and appeals to a lot of people.

If you're into the "city that never sleeps" deal, Spokane is not for you. (As is the whole PNW, for that matter.)

It was hot as blazes when we passed through last week, but I'm sure that very many people would be far from "bored" in a city like Spokane.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:25 PM

27 posts, read 37,239 times
I'm thinking of moving to Spokane as well and as I was reading the thread, I just wanted to comment on one thing you wrote. I am from Chicago and just visited Boise and the Coeur d'Alene areas and saw a lot of signs about not doing meth even once. I asked my river guide who is from that area and he said meth is a big problem there. Not the exact same area, but Spokane is close to Coeur d'Alene.

I think Spokane sounds awesome though!!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:56 PM

159 posts, read 354,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozLee View Post
I'm thinking of moving to Spokane as well and as I was reading the thread, I just wanted to comment on one thing you wrote. I am from Chicago and just visited Boise and the Coeur d'Alene areas and saw a lot of signs about not doing meth even once. I asked my river guide who is from that area and he said meth is a big problem there. Not the exact same area, but Spokane is close to Coeur d'Alene.

I think Spokane sounds awesome though!!
Looks like the signs might be working:
Quote:
between 2007 and 2009, meth use among Idaho’s teens dropped by about 52 percent, a rate five times higher than the national average.
Teen meth use in Idaho down substantially according to new report « Idaho Reporter

Old 08-14-2010, 04:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozLee View Post
Coeur d'Alene areas and saw a lot of signs about not doing meth even once. I asked my river guide who is from that area and he said meth is a big problem there. Not the exact same area, but Spokane is close to Coeur d'Alene.
Meth is everywhere. Where I live now doesn't appear to have a big problem with it, but we have those signs here too. Just watch your valuables when you notice a lot of tweakers around.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,209 times
yah it kinda is

Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM

10 posts, read 109,535 times
Don't forget Silverwood Theme Park- my daughter is 23 and still wants to go there. I know you have had enough parks but Riverfront has a great outdoor ice rink and Manito has fantastic gardens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area