U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM

649 posts, read 1,575,975 times

Advertisements

Hi, i'm considering moving back to the spokane area, am retired and want to be close to where there are good walking greenways and hiking/walking trails; and the rent isn't outrageous. since i'm retired and it's just me and my dog i am wide open as far are what area i can move to. thnaks for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM

10 posts, read 48,454 times
Alot of people choose to retire in Colville. Small town, nothing close to the size of Spokane. There's a TON of nature! Camping, fishing, hunting, boating, swimming. But in Colville if you aren't the outdoorsy type you'll get very bored very fast. But hey, we've got a Wal Mart!

Old 06-10-2010, 05:23 PM

coleville been through there while i stayed in wallace and coeur d'alen, walmart is a plus and i'm sure property values are low but can't see whatelse it has going for it. but thanks for you input.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 5,794 times
The Polly Judd park area (like Oak and 12th) is affordable, lots of rentals to choose from. The bluff immediately to the west has an extensive and informal network of foot-and-bike trails. I observe it is much loved by many for walking the dog.

Lincoln Park is considered a great dog walking asset, and, while rents will be a bit higher, the neighborhood is far less dense, and this is a good time to lock in lower rents. Great review: Lincoln Park - Google Maps

Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,534 times
Check out any area near Riverside State Park, which runs along the city heading north out of Spokane. The park is fantastic for its trails. I live on Five Mile Prairie, and it takes me about 10 min from my door to the parking lot. I ride a moutain bike there 2-3 x per week. It's a beautiful area with lots of wildlife. Yesterday I was there around 7 pm, and sat and rested on a downed tree trunk not more than 20 yards from where 3 female deer and a fawn were grazing. You'll feel that you're miles from the city.

There are a lot of homes with For Rent signs on Five Mile Prairie, with rent about $1000, per my wife who always checks prices of homes while on dog walks.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtengu View Post
Check out any area near Riverside State Park, which runs along the city heading north out of Spokane. The park is fantastic for its trails. I live on Five Mile Prairie, and it takes me about 10 min from my door to the parking lot. I ride a moutain bike there 2-3 x per week. It's a beautiful area with lots of wildlife. Yesterday I was there around 7 pm, and sat and rested on a downed tree trunk not more than 20 yards from where 3 female deer and a fawn were grazing. You'll feel that you're miles from the city.

There are a lot of homes with For Rent signs on Five Mile Prairie, with rent about $1000, per my wife who always checks prices of homes while on dog walks.
thanks; i'm in the south hills and love it; did go to where you are talking about and love the area too, spokane has great outdoor hiking areas all around the city. especially the riverside park area which you can't believe you are still in the city. spokane is a great area to live i love it. thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area