Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:36 PM

165 posts, read 555,324 times

Advertisements

I have two friends that watch wrestling religously. Two Mondays ago we wittnessed Vince Mcman open up the backdoor of his limozine and get in it. The Limo blew up !!!! They honestly believe that it wasn't part of the Entertainment and believe he's dead. I tried to explain to them that he'll probably return in a couple of weeks in some wierd way. I tried explaining to them that it was a stunt to gane ratings for Raw, and wrestling, But they don't want to believe it.
Is there anyone else who is taking it seriously ? If you are then think about this, How come it isn't on the national news. The guy was once a Bodybuilding Champion and inherited the W.E. wrestling from his father. He then became one of the Richest men in Show Business. You'd think it would have been all over the press. I really hope that the fans aren't as gullable as my friends are and enjoy wrestling for what it is.....Entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,159 times
I think you did a good job of differentiating the people who watch pro wrestling: treat it as entertainment and nothing more, no biggie. No different than going to see a movie. Treat it like religion and a real-life soap opera, you've got some serious issues. I've witnessed grown adults whooping and hollering, even bringing their kids into a bar to watch some closed circuit wrestling event they were showing late one night....pretty much groups of illiterate grease monkeys that didn't look as though they had showered for weeks. To boot, I was often in ear shot of this 20-something year old guy at a gym I use to work out at. I never heard a conversation that didn't involve pro wrestling- his workout shirts even often were adorned with some pro wrestler. These people are truly scary and need to be swayed from a voting booth at all costs possible. They do not need to be determining the future of my country in any way, shape, or form.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
I love watching WWE Word Wrestling Entertainment. Its a soap opera that needs to be taken lightly. If somebody things it real, then they really shouldnt be watching it.

McMahon wont be back, they needed a ratings boost and they got it. Plus, his daughter is back

Old 06-21-2007, 11:41 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,092 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
I think you did a good job of differentiating the people who watch pro wrestling: treat it as entertainment and nothing more, no biggie. No different than going to see a movie. Treat it like religion and a real-life soap opera, you've got some serious issues. I've witnessed grown adults whooping and hollering, even bringing their kids into a bar to watch some closed circuit wrestling event they were showing late one night....pretty much groups of illiterate grease monkeys that didn't look as though they had showered for weeks. To boot, I was often in ear shot of this 20-something year old guy at a gym I use to work out at. I never heard a conversation that didn't involve pro wrestling- his workout shirts even often were adorned with some pro wrestler. These people are truly scary and need to be swayed from a voting booth at all costs possible. They do not need to be determining the future of my country in any way, shape, or form.
LOL- you will actually find a lot of these wwf junkies on the east coast! Im from Oklahoma and shouldnt be judging the hick status. But many shows that I have witnessed seem to be at venues on the coasts. I have never known anyone that gets off on that stuff in Okie Dokie land. But im very confident they are out there. The dramatics are funny enough to watch sometimes, if you are up in the clouds and bored.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
lol ive been watching wrestling since the late 70's, Memphis wrestling. Texas wrestling, wwe, wcw, wwf, u name it--never believed it was real, common..if u hit a guy with a sledgehammer..he aint gettin up today, or tomorrow. Its just a big soap opera, with a lot of yelling, but I love it!

Old 06-21-2007, 01:31 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,876 times
Have loved watching them for years due to the comedic, entertaining aspect.
VinnyMac cracks me up just with the swagger!

These big bulky guys are acrobats; some are actually more convincing actors than on many mainstream shows & movies; and they are downright talented people! They don't just bulk up, wrestle and fight each other. The agility and coordination involved with pulling off those stunts are downright amazing, especially considering how big & bulky they are. Ever see a gymnist who wasn't lean & trim? These guys pull off crazier stunts than a gymnist!
See **** Foley.

Find them more talented and entertaining than most of the stuff on these days. Those guys have to be multi-talented to be headliners. Skill and charisma. The more bizarre and over the top, the better because that's their niche. Sets them apart from Football LOL.

We always knew it was fake, but still "root" for the guys we liked and react to events -- just like on our favorite soap operas. We wanted Kelly to marry Morgan, and reacted to it like a Superbowl touchdown when Diana McCall dumped the hot coffee on Craig "I'm crippled" Montgomery's lap.

Hey, Foley's first name begins with an "M", why was it censored?

Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
I couldnt say m-I-c-K jagger either? why idk

Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 PM

165 posts, read 555,324 times
I honestly don't know why half the time they aren't lauphing in hastarics about the acting and some of the plot. Tell me Omaga and the Great Ali haven't cracked up acouple of times when they get into the ring. Or the guy with the worms. He should be on that Dare Devil show. He'd win !!!! They are definetely Athletes, to be able to some of those moves. I betcha they all go out for beers and lauph about the shows afterwards.
These friends of mine also believe that Randy Ortan giving everybody concussions is real to. Gee, You'd think if it was real, he had the attention to kill, and would be arrested or something.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:42 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,188 times
Some pretty funny posts here and everyone pegged it for what it is. What with all the folding chairs, fire extinguishers, sledgehammers, etc. in "professional" wrestling I wonder what it would take to become an "unprofessional" wrestler. I don't watch it but I do like the roman greko (sp?) matches in the olympics. And, basically All of the olympics with the exception of the high impact "sport" (is it Really a sport?) of Curling and the ice skating competitions.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 23,331 times
Not me. I did in the past. I'm into boxing now.

I used to be a big-time wrestling fan. Had my own radio show and worked for TNA.

I've grown out of it. It's fun to watch growing up but once you get your career and/or life going, it doesn't seem to matter anymore.

I do make it a point, though, to see all the movies that they release through WWE Films.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports