Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Yeah Netball is taken... and its a great game to play.

NFL = National Football League.
AFL = Australian Football League (or American Football League) ...not quite the same!
NFL = football
Ausie Rules/Rugby = football
Soccer = football

.... see what I mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
NFL = football
Ausie Rules/Rugby = football
Soccer = football

.... see what I mean?
gotcha.. except I am trying to visualise this game... nets into sections? Using a round ball?

Quote:
- This sport would involve throwing and kicking (not football)
- This sport would feature nets divided into sections, which would = different points in the range of 1-10.
- This could be played indoors AND outdoors...

Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 PM

Alright, here's an idea of what the net (or net's I should say) would be:

Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
what sort of nets?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
what sort of nets?
....mesh.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
I Made a new sport!!!!!! it's called FREEZEBALL!!!!!!!!! is that already made up if not i want this sport to be.......... POPULAR!!!!!!!!! its that if you have the ball you cannot move but the other ppl on the team can you have to throw the ball to another TEAMMATE!!!!! it can be intercepted. if ball falls on ground, its a dropped ball. anyone can get it. theres teams and 2 posts for getting scores one at one side and 1 at other. in a 100 yard field. its awesome!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,524 times
Default Registering a new sport

Quote:
Really, the same way ALL sports have been created.... with a bunch of guys or girls getting together with someone's idea for a game. Like Dr. James Naismith with basketball.

As for paying any fees, I'd believe the only thing you'd really need to buy are materials for what it is you have in mind. You need a place to play it, which also doesn't have to cost anything. Look at the first football game, played in an open field.
Thank you for your reply. What i would like to know is how do you get it registered professionally to be also a sport that can be played for a living and even perhaps in the olympics. Who do you present it to that can sponsor or invest in?

Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 AM

3 posts, read 3,349 times
A great way is discovering the local games played in different parts of the world
That will provide you with great ideas

Old 06-23-2012, 07:46 PM

159 posts, read 575,230 times
They should have a reality show where a new sport is introduced every week. At the end of the season the person who invented the best sport wins a million dollars. Maybe some of the sports would become popular.
My suggestion is tackle basketball!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwart View Post
They should have a reality show where a new sport is introduced every week. At the end of the season the person who invented the best sport wins a million dollars. Maybe some of the sports would become popular.
My suggestion is tackle basketball!!!
Can't be any worse than some of the other reality shows. Might be kinda cool to see other people's ideas. My buddies used to play tackle football. However, we were just teens full of angst probably and sadly, it was probably was us just throwing around a buddy's little brother for no apparent reason.

Oh, and I won't rush to patent tackle basketball so don't worry.

ESPN could always put it on 'The Ocho'

ESPN "the Ocho" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports